Tripadvisor
Prague
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews old town nice hotel palladium mall excellent location easy walking distance charles bridge few minutes walk big room quiet area jewish quarter breakfast was excellent main attractions astronomical clock mini bar tram stop wenceslas square castle
Selected filters
Reviewed January 5, 2020

Stayed over new year holiday 2019/20. Good location for sightseeing across Prague 1, old town area and main squares. Old Town Sq is about 15 min walk, Charles Bridge is about 20 mins. Hotel has all the basics right, rooms were reasonable size, quiet, nice cotton bedding. Bathroom had lots of hot water.
Breakfast was excellent with lots of choices.
Just around the corner was The Orange Bar which was a great place for a drink.
We would recommend and stay again.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2020 via mobile

We paidand extraordinary amount of money for our weeks stay. We expected a lot more for our buck.

Room was small and dirty when we first moved in.
The staff at the reception does not always speak or understand English. We asked for towels because our room hadn't been cleaned for the 3rd day in a row and they just made up some lie in broken english.

The breakfast was a joke. We are well traveled and we have never ever seen a worse breakfast buffet even at smaller not well established places.
By far if you get an option to add a breakfast I would most certainly opt out.

The beds are uncomfortable. Pillows were our source for Terrible back pain for a whole week. If you are any taller or heavier than I the blankets will not fit you.

The whole hotel is carpeted and because we didnt receive any room cleaning for 3 days at one point, it gets pretty dirty during the winter months.

The only few positive things I have to add are that it's ok positioned for you to walk about the city.
They give you tiny pillows in addition to the regular big lumps that are great for additional support for your back.
Our room had a bathtub which was the only thing that somewhat saved my stay here.

All in all after staying here for a week we feel like we have been cheated out of our money for what we ended up receiving during our stay.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2019

We spent 3 nights at this hotel. The location was fabulous. It is close to the old town, the new town, and trams and subway that will take you anywhere. Each of these is a 5-10 minute walk. Also close to river boats. The room was warm and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast had a lot of options for vegetarians. The staff were helpful in explaining how to get places. The rooms were very quiet. There is also ice skating right nearby but unfortunately we missed the times. There are steps to get in the building so if you have any accessibility issues, definitely inquire first.

Reviewed December 16, 2019 via mobile

Just back from a 2 night stay to visit the Christmas markets and I think we chose the perfect hotel,
Location wise it is perfect we had our 9 year old with us and she managed to walk to all if the markets and castle etc no problem.
The room was huge we had our bed 2 singles put together, a bed put in for my daughter. A sofa and two chairs and a table and there was still plenty of room.
The bathroom was huge too although the only niggle I had was with the bathroom as the shower was never much more than a trickle of water, I really struggled to wash shampoo and conditioner out of my hair properly with it and had to put my head under the tap instead but for only one night I survived.
My most positive thing about this hotel was that despite the check in time being 2pm we arrived at just after 10am expecting to store our luggage and return later but much to our surprise our room was ready.
Breakfast was good typical of what you would expect my daughter managed 3 plates of food each morning it was that good.
If we return to Prague we will definitely return to this hotel.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 11, 2019

Just returned from a Prague Christmas market short break. The Clarion Hotel is a very clean welcoming hotel to stay in. The Hotel is about 10 minutes walk from the Palladium shopping centre and easy walking distance to the old town square and Charlies bridge.
The bedroom was very clean and comfortable with is own balcony with views overlooking the river.
Very nice buffet breakfast.

Room tip: book a superior room