“Just what we needed...”

Ranked #238 of 651 Hotels in Prague
County Clare, Ireland
“Just what we needed...”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

My Partner and I stayed at the Clarion Hotel in Prague`s Old Town. We were very pleased with our accommodation for the 3 days/nights while in Prague. Firstly, every memeber of staff we met, were very friendly and helpful which can be difficult to find in Prague. They all spoke English fairly well. Our room was small but had everything we required and was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was everything we expected. I was also delighted with the choice of breakfast in the dining room every morning. We also had a snack in the bar on one night and it was very tasty and inexpensive. Wine was very good value also. The hotel is close to the tram line and only few minutes walk from the town square. The only disappointent was smoking in the bar but the smoking ban has not come in there yet so I could not complain. Overall, we were very happy. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Anita19624
Jakub T, Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at the Clarion Hotel Prrague Old Town while visiting the Czech Republic and for sharing your great review with other travellers!

I was delighted to read that you remained highly satisfied with the central location of the property, with the breakfast as well as with the food served in our Bar.

Furhtermore, your praising words about the hotel staff are much appreciated as we strive to provide exceptional service to all of our guests.

Concerning your comment regarding smoking in the bar, I have the pleasure to inform you that as of March the entire hotel will be non-smoking.

Once again thank you for the fantastic comments and I remain with best regards from Prague.

Duty Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Neusiedl am See, Austria
Reviewed January 3, 2014

To be honest, the hotel is and old building, somewhat renovated, not to fit to the highest standards, but just to show enough to be a four star. Il could be a brilliant three star hotel.
Nevertheless, it's a four star. Rooms are quite spacious, simply decorated, corner rooms are nicer.
The tiles in the bathroom are really oldish style.
Staff is friendly enough, but not too much.
They have three magnificent, large suite at the rooftop, with large terraces, of course, no furniture to sit on anything.
Bathroom amenties are numerous, but please bring your own shampoo and shower gel. Towels also are quite oldish.
Even if it's fully well equipped, without a closer look on the details it will remain a three star for me. But what a three star! An excellent one!

Room Tip: Some superior rooms on the 5th floor also have terraces. Enjoy the view of whole Prague roofs from...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank InnSi
Jakub T, Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at the Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town and for taking your valuable time to share your review on Tripadvisor.

It was a pleasure for me to read, that you enjoyed your stay in our fantastic Panorama Suite, that offers mangificent view of Prague Castle and the river Vltava.

Concerning your comments about no furniture on the top roof terrace of the Suite, allow me to mention that the furniture is being removed for the winter.

Regarding the apearance of our hotel, let me kindly inform you that the Lobby area will be undergoing renovation soon as we are continuously improving our services and facilites to bring it to a higher level of comfort and overall guest experience.

Please, rest assured that being a Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town****, it is always our aim and ambition to provide our guests with the highest standard in quality and service.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again.

Kind regards from Prague,

Milan, Italy
Reviewed December 15, 2013

This hotel is great solution if you are looking for a nice, tidy and friendly hotel. Hotel is situated closed to the city center so you basicaly do not need any metro or train.
I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Mariame B
Jakub T, Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to express our high appreciation of your kind words about your recent experience in our property.

Such a positive customer feedback is the best reward we can achieve and this is the strongest motivation for every single member of our Team.

I hope we will have the pleasure of hosting you at the Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town in the future again.

Merry Christmas and kind regards from Prague

Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I was continuously amazed by the constant round of seemingly dazed front desk attendants that never not once offer a smile while the hello seemed mechanical. It wasn't horrible service as they answered questions, but they seemed to be working in a haze of detachment.

Other than that we were pleased with the hotel. The weather was unseasonably cold and raining so we asked that the air condition be turned off because the thermostat would not turn it up enough. We were informed the only way was to completely remove the thermostat which we could not figure out. However, the next morning maintenance came and removed it all was well. We requested an iron and ironing board which were bought in short order by housekeeping.

We requested a queen bed, but they just moved two twin beds together, which was not very comfortable when hitting the center line.

The room was small, but clean and we didn't stay in it that much, but if I were to stay again I would request one bed and get a larger room. I didn't like maneuvering the small space and with two people it seems like were falling over each other trying to get clothes from the wardrobe style closet (that took up a good portion of the room space).

The included breakfast buffet was awesome! Lots of food and even if we came down close to breakfast finish they were restocking the food to ensure plenty was available. Kudos to them, we appreciated Clarion's included breakfast while there, but more so when we left to go to Rome and stay in a 4 star hotel (as their front desk said) where breakfast was not included, not even continental breakfast.

Room Tip: I were to stay again I would request one bed and get a larger room. I didn't like maneuvering th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Keisha B
Jakub T, Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your time and sharing with us the experience of your stay.

I would like to apologize most sincerely for all the shortcomings you experienced during your last stay in our poperty. Your review is very important for us to attempt to improve the level of service we strive to offer to our guests day after day.

Furthermore, I was happy to read that you enjoyed the buffet breakfast served in our Benada restaurant.

The next time you visit Prague, please feel free to contact me on markéta.nedvědová@clarion-hotels.cz and I will be happy to arrange your stay according to all your preferences.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Rooms are lovely and clean. The staff is friendly and helpful, and observing them in even the most difficult situations they stay polite. The restaurant has excellent service and food. The location is perfect. I can no longer imagine staying anywhere else in Prague!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Trinka S
Dear Guest,

Allow me to thank you for choosing the Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town during your recent visit of the Czech Republic and for posting such a great review!

I was delighted to note that our facilities, all hotel services as well as the food exceeded your expectations. I really appreciate your appraisal and have forwarded on your positive comments to all department heads. Let me assure you that comments such as yours act as a great motivator to continue with our hard work.

The entire Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town Team is looking forward to welcoming you back in our hotel again.

Kind regards from the Golden city of Prague,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel while we were on a city break. Super location and fantastic views from the top floor rooms. The beds and the pillows were really comfortable and we all slept very well. I am giving 4 purely because you should judge a hotel on how comfortably you slept and not the food. But I am tempted to give average because the hot breakfast was disgusting! I am feeling nice today!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank pilif S
Jakub T, Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your feedback about your recent stay at the Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town while visiting the Czech Republic.

I was very glad that you enjoyed great location of our hotel, the top floor rooms overlooking the river Vltava or Prague Castle and the comfort of our beds.

I was dissapointed to learn that our breakfast did meet your expectations. Please, kindly contact me on marketa.nedvedova@clarion-hotels.cz with more details.

I sincerely hope there will be another opportunity to welcome you back together with your family at the Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town during your future trips to our country.

Kind regards from Prague,

Romania
Reviewed November 16, 2013

You can walk from here to almost everywhere in the old city of Prague, and the neighborhood is nice. The building itself is old and not very well maintained, and the rooms are a bit worn out. Old style furniture and windows add to the overall impression. I had only a couple of contacts with the hotel staff, but every time I had the same "I don't care" impression. There are no parking places available. Breakfast was above average.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank ggabi
Dear Guest,

I would like to take the oportunity to thank you very much for writing your review about our property.

I have the pleasure to inform you that the hotel Lobby will be undergoing renovation in the near future and that we are currently updating our facilities.

Furthermore, I was sorry to read about your unpleasant experience regarding the hotel staff. Let me assure you that your feedback was shared witht the Management to properly follow up.

Concerning your comment about no parking places available, allow me to mention that our hotel have a special parking spaces available for the hotel guests.

Please note, that our guest satisfaction and feedback are of great importance to us. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back at the Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town, as we would like to prove to you, that your recent experience was an exception rather than rule. We can indeed do better!

Truly yours,