“Great experience”

Ranked #250 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Dalian, Liaoning, China
“Great experience”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

A very good hotel. The location is great, as you can walk to the city centre for about 5 minutes, or take the tram 62 which is only 50 metres. The price is reasonable, compared to my stay in other European countries, we can say, it is so cheap. Breakfast is good, and staff is nice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Chang L
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Tyl, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
what a lovely review!
Thank you for taking your time to post your comment about your experience with us.
I am very pleased that you have enjoyed both the location, the service and the staff.
Please come back soon to visit us, we are looking forward.
Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Good: Bathroom was very nice and clear.
Fair: average breakfast
Bad: furniture in the room - very old and damaged. Bad was really uncomfortable and I had backache from it.
Terrible: internet was unusable on room and I have to go to lobby bar to be able work on internet.

Room Tip: Rooms of higher standard are oriented to to silent side. Standard quality are oriented to noisy st...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Miroslav K
Dear Valued Guest,
I understand your visit to our Hotel Tyl was a little bit a disappointment to you and I would love to have done something to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as you were expecting.
I am aware of the wi fi weak signal and I would like to inform you that we are considering different options in order to guarantee a stable connection in all areas of the hotel. It will take soem time a but we are working on it and I hope that at your eventual next meeting you will have no problems with it anymore.
Thank you very much for sharing your opinion.
LJUBLJANA
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Hotel is clean.... personel is very (sometimes too) kind. But beds are bad.... soft and old... The best is location... since it is very close to city center. Furniture could be better cept and it could be a realy nice hotel...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,
thank you for postring your review about our Hotel Tyl, it is much appreciated.
I am delighted to know you enjoyed the location and found it convenient. It saddens me to read you did not find the bed comfortable and I ish we could have done something for me to make your stay more pleasant.
On behalf of all the team of Hotel Tyl, we hope to have the chance to welcome you back in the future.
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel is lovely. The reception staff are brilliant especially Jan. It is very well located in the new town, very close to to tram and metro stations. The rooms are very spacious - we were in a deluxe room and it was huge! It was full of beautiful old fashioned furniture and full of character. If you are after a modern snazzy hotel turn stay elsewhere - this is (as advertised) very quaint and quirky.
The breakfast is your typical continental food but was very good quality and choice. My only complaint is that the temperature inside the hotel was very hot but was we could open the window to let some welcome fresh air in this wasn't a problem.
Thanks hotel tyl we are looking forward to many more stays in the future.

Room Tip: I would choose a deluxe room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Georgie C
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Tyl, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
thank you very much for taking your time to write your wonderful review about your recent experience with us.
I am very delighted to know that we - and most of all Jan - contributed to make your stay pleasant. I will personally forward the compliments to Jan and I am sure he wil be totally pleased and grateful for them.
For any future returns, please do not hesitate to contact us directly, I will be honoured to assist you in your future stays.
Kent United Kingdom
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Just come back from a 3 night stay at hotel Tyl. Hotel was not as good as thomas cook rated it . Rooms were okay but could have done with some decoration work. Also had a couple of big stains on carpets that didnt look very nice at all. Breakfast was ok. Staff didnt really speak much. Would have been better if there was tea and coffee making facilities in room. Hotels location was ok. Loved Prague but to return we would stay in a different hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Tyl, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Guest,
I am sad to learn that our hotel did not meet your expectations and disappointed you.
I extend my apologies for the cleaning conditions of the room you were given, the Hotel will soon undergo to some improvements and I am sure we will do our best to fix the rooms.
I truly apologize for lack if communicativeness of the staff and it will be definetly be addressed an handled.
I hope you would try to consider our hotel once more in the future and please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
NYC, USA
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Stayed at the Hotel Tyl in mid-January 2013. The property is located about 2 blocks from IP Pavlova metro station, and is a convenient 10-15 minute walk to Wenceslas Square. The rooms are of average size. With the exception of the TV, which was new, the rest of the furniture had probably seen better days. One side of the room's wooden wardrobe latch was broken, preventing it from being locked, and the finish on the desk was worn to the point of splinters. The heat was a little anemic (although an unseasonable cold snap probably didn't help), leading to some chilly nights. The web connection was also very weak, as it took so long to send an e-mail, I probably would've had more luck with a chisel and stone tablet...... The hotel's highpoint was its breakfast buffet, which had a nice selection of cold cuts, jams, bread, etc.

While the staff were very helpful, the hotel itself needs some new furniture to bring things up to a modern standard. A room safe would be a nice plus, too. . .

Room Tip: A room facing away from the street is probably less drafty.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
thank you for the taking taken to post your precious comment about your recent experience in out hotel.
It saddens me to know that there were few matters disappointeing your stay and I would like to respond to them in this occasion: heating (and in the summer time the air conditioning system) is centrally controlled by the reception, therefore any request to increase or dicrease the room temperature need to be communicated to the front desk staff. The same, each room has a safe, whose key must be requested at the front desk. Please allow me to extend my apologies for the lack of information you received at the check in. I will definetly address it to the reception staff in order this not to happen again..
I still hope you would consider our hotel agian and do please contact me directly should you wish to discuss it further.
Best regards from Prague,
Yaphank, New York
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Conveniently located on the tram line (which takes you everywhere in the city) Hotel Tyl was a great value. Helpful staff, clean rooms and plentiful, delicious breakfast. Good family restaurants nearby and a small farmer's market some days right out the front door.

Room Tip: All rooms fine.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Jeanette54_13
Dear Valued Guest,
I am very delighted to know we have contributed in making your stay pleasant. Thank you for apprecaiting our breakfast service, location and staff.
Me and all the hotel staff are looking forward to welcoming you back soon in the near future.