We really loved this hotel. Our room (number 4) was massive with high ceilings, a separate living area and lots of windows so it felt very light and airy. The location was fantastic - nice to be on this side of the bridge because it was a bit quieter than Old Town Square/Wenceslas Square so was a good escape from the hoards of tourists. The girls on reception were all really lovely and helpful.
We loved breakfast at the Bohemian Bagel - could chose anything off an extensive menu. Perhaps they have responded to a previous review because there were always tables reserved for hotel guests (complete with white tablecloths), and we never had to wait - even though we visited during the busiest season. We even ate there for lunch sometimes as well because the menu was really great - fresh, simple tasty meals and snacks. The service was very attentive and friendly.
We paid 126 euros per night (I think the room was a suite) booked directly through the hotel's website. We thought this hotel was definitely good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Design hotel Domus Balthasar is a baroque building with medieval foundation and 21st century design, situated on the Royal Route, in the heart of the oldest and most romantic part of Prague - Lesser Quarter (Mala Strana), few steps from Charles Bridge, close to Old Town and Prague Castle. Domus Balthasar is nearly of all most popular sights within easy reach on foot or by tram. Although is situated in the centre, also in a neighborbood of nicest parks. Business centers easily accessible. It is the ideal place for a holiday as well as for an enjoyable business trip. The building's history goes back to the 14th century, though the fittings are either modern or timeless. We do our best to respect history while at the same time respecting the current needs and tastes of our guests. Our interiors are made warm by wooden, atypical furniture with clean lines in dark colours which combines well with the light, creamy tones of the carpets, curtains and other decorations. Hotel has 8 rooms including 2 Double attic rooms, 3 generously spacious deluxe double rooms, 2 Suites with kitchenette and 1 Royal. Please notice our historic house uniquely located within an UNESCO listed World Heritage Site does not have an elevator. Due to a lower ceiling Attic double rooms are not recommended for people taller than 1,80 m/6 feet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Domus Balthasar Design Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Domus Balthasar Design Prague
- Domus Balthasar Design Boutique Hotel