The hotel is perfectly located, a few steps from the Charles Bridge on the Lesser Town (Mala Strana) side. The Charles Bridge has a different vibe according to time of day, early morning without tourists, the sunset and late at night provide different perspectives too. So it’s great to stay in a hotel close to the bridge. The location is also great to visit the Castle, it’s a short pleasant walk through the Mala Strana neighborhood to get there. And of course, the Old Town is just across the Charles Bridge.
My room was large, confortable and very clean. Breakfast was included, besides fruit, bread and ham you have a choice of a hot dish (eggs or pancakes).
The staff is friendly and helpful. One night I forgot the key to the front door. The problem was that after 12 am there’s no one at the front desk, so I was basically locked out. I called their 7/24 phone number and they arrived late at night to open the door for me.
One downside of the hotel is that it doesn’t have an elevator. The stairs are steep. This was not a problem for me, but just beware of it.
I made a day trip out of Prague and when I got back I stayed in the Old Town. I recommend Lesser Town as the district to stay. You have the ambiance of Prague without the hordes of tourists of the Old Town and you are still at walking distance ot Prague main attractions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Design hotel Domus Balthasar is a baroque building with medieval foundation and 21st century design, situated on the Royal Route, in the heart of the oldest and most romantic part of Prague - Lesser Quarter (Mala Strana), few steps from Charles Bridge, close to Old Town and Prague Castle. Domus Balthasar is nearly of all most popular sights within easy reach on foot or by tram. Although is situated in the centre, also in a neighborbood of nicest parks. Business centers easily accessible. It is the ideal place for a holiday as well as for an enjoyable business trip. The building's history goes back to the 14th century, though the fittings are either modern or timeless. We do our best to respect history while at the same time respecting the current needs and tastes of our guests. Our interiors are made warm by wooden, atypical furniture with clean lines in dark colours which combines well with the light, creamy tones of the carpets, curtains and other decorations. Hotel has 8 rooms including 2 Double attic rooms, 3 generously spacious deluxe double rooms, 2 Suites with kitchenette and 1 Royal. Please notice our historic house uniquely located within an UNESCO listed World Heritage Site does not have an elevator. Due to a lower ceiling Attic double rooms are not recommended for people taller than 1,80 m/6 feet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Domus Balthasar Design Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Domus Balthasar Design Prague
- Domus Balthasar Design Boutique Hotel