“deffinetly not a 4* hotel”
Review of Gallery Hotel SIS

Gallery Hotel SIS
Ranked #432 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed September 19, 2010

The rooms were VERY small, the bed was near the wall, we couldn't get off the bed only on one side. Breakfast was ok, but pretty poor. We booked the hotel through a low cost booking website, so the price was ok for the service, but the displayed price in the lobby was outrageous! I'm glad we didn't pay that amount of money!
I would recomend this hotel only for budget travelers, and only if you book it through a low cost website!
Also, the pictures in the tripadvisor gallery are not real, are from the old hotel (Hotel Bonn i think).
Beware!!! Our car window was broken in front of the hotel by someone who tried to steal our navigation system, so DO park your car in the hotel garage, even if it's pretty expensive!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alinateorean

Reviewed November 15, 2009

very disappointed as pictures and discription of hotel were not accurate. The room we had could not possibly have been updated in 2008, and no part of the hotel that we saw could have been either. The handle of the main door came off in our hands when we first entered the room .The hotel itself, and our room smelt of old stale sweat. The non smoking policy was only between the hours of 07.30 and 10.30, hence the smoky atomsphere was around all the time. The breakfast served was of a low standard. The hotel was situated in an undiserable area which did not seem at all safe. However, the receptionist was very helpful and also agreed with our views, which she had already mentioned to the management, but to no avail. We stayed just one night out of the six, deciding that if we were to enjoy Prague we would have to find other accomodation.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank harveeguy
Reviewed June 7, 2009

The hotel room was tiny and there was a strange, bad smell. It was very clean though, and shower and aircon worked well. It was annoyning that they didn't change towels although we stayed there for 7 nights (!), and also asked them to do so. The room was also quite noisy (thin walls I quess), and we could hear almost everything from the neighbouring rooms. Staff at the reception was friendly and quite helpful, but they charged an extra fee of 150 czk (app. 6 eur) for ordering a taxi to the airport. Also the buffet breakfast is not a 4-star, there are all the basic things (bread, ham, cheese, yoghurt, cereals) but no fresh fruits etc. and coffee was really horrible. All in all, I'd say that this is a 3-star hotel.

I do NOT recommend the hotel spa. I had a treatment which should had been a pampering and relaxing experience but instead it was very unpleasant, and not at all worth its (quite high) price. Also, the massageur (male) behaved really unprofessionally, and if I had been in my own country I'd have made a complaint about sexual harassment.

Location of the hotel is not as good as they claim it to be. If you take a tram (no 11 to Museum) it takes about 15 minutes to get to the center of the city (Wenceslas square), and 20 min tram ticket costs 18 czk so it's cheap. If you go by foot it takes about 40 minutes (depending on how fast you walk). There are no restaurants nor cafes near the hotel so you have to go the center to get something to eat.

2  Thank Swan_Finland
Reviewed May 26, 2009

when travelling to the hotel from the airport, get the 119 bus, at the last stop, take the metro to the muzeum, then transfer into a tram going to horky, it'll be roughly 5 minutes walk to the hotel.

its more cheaper and convenient to buy a one day travel ticket (100cK) to tour around the city, though plan ahead on your travels coz itll require you to take your walking shoes throughout the journey. to get there by cab would cost you between 600-800cK.

on arrival, television and safe was not working, reported it thru reception, no one to help out. When we managed eventually to get the tv working, its all local channels!

room is spacious though the hotel is a bit outdated, stayed for 3 days, no cleaning in between, they don't change your towels either. we woke up early hours in the morning due to some noises... looks as if someones renovating somewhere, but there's no notice of any works being done.

the only plus side is the breakfast. there was a good selection of cold and warm foods. Its replenished every minute!

there are lots of good scenic spots, the bad side is, they don't have english translation for you to know what monument youre looking at.
fastfood stops or restauarants are all over... there's no excuse for you to get hungry.

Reviewed May 16, 2009

If you want service, if you want 4 star, if you want comfort, if you want value for your money, don't book this hotel... From the first moment I stepped in this hotel, the staff strictly rips you off, everybody working here is NOT friendly at all... First of all, I booked a double room, when I arrived they gave me the smallest room ever. (single) With nothing working... And a broken glass in the bathroom, They charged me 500 czech crones for this... Putted the blame on me!!! I went down to reception to complain, they said it was a mistake, but I have to pay another 60 euro to change the room (3nights) Everything is not as described. No aircondition, no WI-FI, No Hairdryer... And the first day of stay... No room cleaning... I totally hate this spot... I will STRONGLY not recommend this hotel for anyone....!!!!

1  Thank tourist-doubleO7
Reviewed April 27, 2009

i have read alot of reviews about this hotel and i must say most them are true. The hotel was very hard to find since this is way off the city center and once you are far from the tourist areas, you will have trouble communicating. but that is not the hotel's fault. i was on a tight budget since i was backpacking so i was not expecting a "shangri-la". i must start with the hotel staff, who was very helpful in showing me how to reach the city center and what sights to see without me asking which was a big plus. i got to my room and although i expected a bigger space, was clean had a big bed and had a nice bathroom. i also noticed that there were only 4 channels on tv and no english programs (not even subtitles) so i recommend bringing an ipod or just stay out as long as you can. this was perfect for me because i only used the room to sleep in. and i must agree with one review that the surrounding areas didnt look safe at night, but found an alternate route at the front where most of the shops were. the breakfast was quite filling but could use a little more variety. all in all, i had a pleasant stay and would recommend this to any traveler on a budget. i am just annoyed at some reviews that tell how "bad" this hotel is when it is not.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank september3ph
Reviewed April 2, 2009

Although rated 4 stars, this hotel is NOT a 4 star hotel. Although saying that, I couldn't really fault it. I had a single room, which was pretty small, but clean and comfortable.

The free breakfast was nice and comprised frankfurters/hot dogs, cold meats, cheese, breads/toast, some pastries, juice, cereal and tea and coffee.

There are computers near the lobby, and the hotel does have wi fi for free but I had no signal in my room. Not sure if it was just generally poor wi fi coverage or where my room was located. But if you go into the lobby the wi fi signal is strong.

Don't let the distance from town worry you. There is a tram about a 3-5 minute walk away that takes you into the centre of town in about 15-20 minutes. Alternatively just take a taxi - cost converts to about 8GBP, 12USD, 18AUD. Also, there is a 24 hour tram that will take you back to the tram stop near the hotel.

The lady at reception was very helpful and friendly!

There isn't a great deal to do around the hotel, but Prague isn't a city where you hang in the suburbs. Prague is all about the centre of town. On that note, make sure you take a walking tour! An absolute must. So much history to learn about.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo