“Expensive, but excellent.”

George Prime Steak
Ranked #33 of 5,498 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Description: George Prime Steak is a contemporary American-style steakhouse in the heart of Old Town Square serving 'USDA Prime' beef, featuring an extensive Californian wine selection, exclusive Bourbon collection and hand-crafted signature cocktails.
Bitburg, Germany
“Expensive, but excellent.”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We came without a reservation at 6:30 pm Saturday night. We were greeted with exceptional friendliness, and we were seated right away (after they warned us of a large party they were expecting that might disturb us). The atmosphere is romantic and wonderful. The service was exceptional as well.
My husband ordered a margarita - which was (in all honesty) - overpriced. It was tasty, but rather small (which is expected in this type of fancy restaurant) but nonetheless, he probably should have ordered a beer. I had a glass of wine which was perfect.
We ordered the oysters on the half shell - they were a bit delayed coming out - which we weren't too worried about it personally, but it was nice that they acknowledged it - since that's rare in Europe (they also gave us a dessert on the house because of it - which was a surprise and very lovely) but these oysters were WELL worth the wait. Best oysters we've ever had. They cost about 6EU per oyster (market price is how it's shown on the menu - so we weren't sure what we were going to be charged - but we also didn't ask, so we didn't care). If you know you're getting yourself into an expensive meal - then go all out and order what you want. The oysters are a must, in my opinion.
The steaks were magnificent. Order them with one of their 'sauces' - I got the port au jus and loved it. We also had the lobster mashed potatoes and mushrooms - also sublime.
We left feeling stuffed and very satisfied. If you want guaranteed quality of food and service, and have an extra couple hundred dollars/euro to spare - treat yourself to this restaurant.

Visited January 2014

• Serbian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
“Expensive for Prague, but excellent quality”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

The interior is top class and I felt like I should have dressed up a bit. It wasn't a problem though as we were treated with 5 stars. They served the best steak I've had in Europe. The beef is top grade USDA and they give an excellent presentation at your table about the different cuts. The steak was cooked to perfection and had incredible flavor. The price was higher than others in Prague with a Tbone being around 40 Euros. Still, you could find much higher prices in other cities for a lesser steak. If you're looking for a great steak, this is the place to visit- but don't expect a meal for a few Euros.

• Visited January 2014

Positive:
- Food quality
- Service

Negative:
- Not received bread before the entree
- no spotted anything else

A great restaurant with an excellent restaurant manager. Charming, smiling and friendly staff. The staff needs to be trained a bit more on attention to details but generally an outstanding place.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank alacko
“Order the signature Fillet Mignon!!”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We came here for my Birthday meal whilst visiting from the UK. Both my boyfriend and I are big steak lovers so this looked like the perfect choice. It was absolutely stunning! I ordered the signature Fillet Mignon which was the best steak I've ever eaten. The staff were very helpful, friendly and professional. Everything was to an impeccable standard!
Highly recommended for meat lovers!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Anna_Banana_1989
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simply amazing”
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

One of the best meat restaurants that I've ever been. Service, perfect. I ordered the Tbone steak medium rare, but it came out more medium, I asked to change it, and after 10min I had my new steak perfectly done, plus a new side (mix green salad). The restaurant is pricey, but more than worth it! Recommended 100%

1 Thank Addy S