“Order the signature Fillet Mignon!!”
Review of George Prime Steak

George Prime Steak
Ranked #46 of 5,808 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Description: George Prime Steak is a contemporary American-style steakhouse in the heart of Old Town Square serving 'USDA Prime' beef, featuring an extensive Californian wine selection, exclusive Bourbon collection and hand-crafted signature cocktails.
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We came here for my Birthday meal whilst visiting from the UK. Both my boyfriend and I are big steak lovers so this looked like the perfect choice. It was absolutely stunning! I ordered the signature Fillet Mignon which was the best steak I've ever eaten. The staff were very helpful, friendly and professional. Everything was to an impeccable standard!
Highly recommended for meat lovers!

1  Thank Anna_Banana_1989
Write a ReviewReviews (2,074)

Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

One of the best meat restaurants that I've ever been. Service, perfect. I ordered the Tbone steak medium rare, but it came out more medium, I asked to change it, and after 10min I had my new steak perfectly done, plus a new side (mix green salad). The restaurant is pricey, but more than worth it! Recommended 100%

1  Thank Addy S
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I attended the restaurant with my mother on the 21st as we had only read good things about the place. We were on a 4 day vacation and thought we would treat ourselves as the menu is rather pricey. Upon arrival we were greeted with a very friendly smile from front of house - our coats were taken and we promptly were shown to our table. A member of staff took our drinks order and we then received a very detailed explanation of the various steak they had to offer. Drinks were fantastic and very reasonably priced. Our starters were exquisite, I would definitely recommend the steak tartar. Onto the main course and presentation was beautiful, sadly my mothers steak was overly fatty and tough in areas, but after alerting the staff our issue was dealt with in an exceptional manner. This is no fault of the kitchen as the steak I had ordered (boneless rib-eye medium rare) was one of the best steaks I have ever eaten. We received a complementary dessert on top of it all. I would just like to take the time to thank the management and floor staff for making our night one to remember. You should be very proud of your establishment and customer etiquette. If we are ever back in Prague we will be sure to visit again - thank you one last time.

2  Thank GiulianoDerosas
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Went to this restaurant as a treat as although it is expensive compared to our restaurants in the City it is great to treat yourself now and then. Good idea to book beforehand to avoid disappointment.

Had a couple of well made cocktails before eating and these were relatively inexpensive and a bit different to the ones you normally get. The bar area and restaurant are very modern and spacious and looks pretty new.

Once seated the rather dashing waiter came round and explained the different steaks on offer by presenting the raw cuts at the table in a display unit. This might seem bizarre but was a great idea and you get a better idea on what you are choosing. The waiters are also very knowledgeable.

We decided on the Porterhouse to share as you get a taste of different cuts.

For starters I had Veal marrowbone with a herbed crust and my partner had lobster salad. Both delicious. We had ordered our steak medium rare and was cooked to perfection and utterly delicious. The steak is imported from the states. We had two side dishes. For dessert we had a Baked Alaska.

The three course meal, two cocktails and bottle of wine (some of the wines are quite pricey) came to about £135. However this was exceptional food and service.

Well worth a visit for a special occasion or treat.

1  Thank Steven H
Reviewed January 17, 2014

It was freezing so we walked into this restaurant at about 11am for a hot chocolate and cognac! It was so enjoyable that we followed this with a coffee and another cognac!
We liked the place and the people so having viewed the menu on the door before going in, we asked for a dinner reservation. They could only do 6pm to 8pm as they were fully booked. But that suited us.
When we arrived for dinner, we were immediately recognised and were treated with the same good service and friendliness which we had experienced that morning.

The food and local wines were excellent. The beef looked so good and was shown to us and the various cuts explained before ordering. However, we chose lobster which was fantastic.
Needless to say, we were allowed to stay long after the 8pm deadline!!

A really good find