“Worth the money”

George Prime Steak
Ranked #43 of 5,705 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Description: George Prime Steak is a contemporary American-style steakhouse in the heart of Old Town Square serving 'USDA Prime' beef, featuring an extensive Californian wine selection, exclusive Bourbon collection and hand-crafted signature cocktails.
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We visited George Prime Steak in December and were certainly not disappointed! We had read great reviews on the restaurant and decided to give it a try, we pre-booked a table earlier in the day but probably wasn't necessary as it wasn't busy. We were greeted by the friendly bar staff and a waitress guided us to our table.
The waitress brought over a tray of cuts of steak and explained the differences in the cut and how they are best cooked. When our meal arrived we knew we made the right choice in trying the restaurant, the steak was cooked to perfection and I would perhaps go as far as saying it's the best steak we have ever had. The restaurant is slightly more expensive than other restaurants in Prague but it was worth every penny.

So glad we tried here, great service and amazing steak!

1  Thank VA345
Write a ReviewReviews (2,014)

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Went with my partner with the intention of having a great meal, we were not in any way disappointed. It's a newly open restaurant, and the staff were very keen to please. the rib eye steak we had was cooked to perfection and we left feeling very satisfied. Thank you.

2  Thank HighFlyer27_UK
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Stylish, modern restaurant, superb quality of aged steaks, yet it lacks something. I love steaks, and they were prepared to perfection, but somehow lacked the taste. In US the waiters were explaining us abut the type of wood used on the grill - maybe that is the difference. Presentation of the good lacks a bit of finesse. I received 4 plates with various side dishes and one with the boneless ribeye, just meat on plate. Crab cakes as starter were not good, unfortunately, soggy and greasy.
Altogether the price is twice as high as other places in Prague. In my opinion just not worth it.

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We had pretty high expectations going in to dinner here. The reviews all spoke highly of George but we were dubious. A good steak can be found in most large European cities but a great steak is another matter entirely. George Prime Steak surely delivered. My girlfriend and I started with signature cocktails from the bar. I had the lavender whiskey sour and she had the chili sorbet. Both were excellent. For appetizers we started with oysters and the veal bone marrow. Both were excellent. I had the cowboy cut ribeye and, wow, words cannot describe how amazing this steak was. Juicy and full of flavor, I'm not sure why there are other steaks on the menu. My girlfriend had the petite filet mignon and, while it was also very good, it was not nearly as good as the ribeye. The staff was very friendly and gracious. I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for one of, if not THE, best steak in Europe.

1  Thank Dan M
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Over the top service...Excellent special occasion spot..so close to old towne...we were pleasantly surprised at how good everything was...Lovely relaxing evening...But be prepared...It IS pricey!
But isn't that why we go on vacation in the first place?

2  Thank 149LOrreine