Residence V Tunich 14
$131
$120
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 5, 2009

We decided to stop over in Prague for a night before heading to Poland, I had checked reviews on tripadvisor before going and booked hotel. When we arrived the lady on reception was lovely and showed us around before directing us to our room. Our room was a fine big room with 2 single and very comfortable beds, the floors were wooden and very dirty... the bathroom was a good size but again the floors were not the cleanest, a bit grotty and had lots of broken and cracked tiles. The residence is only a few minutes walk from the centre and easy to get to. The area is not the nicest tho, we had a room overlooking a rundown apartment building, the following morning on the way back from town came across obvious drug dealing and even guys smoking heroin in doorways..... every city... and town has these problems but obviously was a bit of a turn off to stay here again when it's going on a few yards from the enterance. The residents after 8pm has no staff on duty so access is through 2 doors, one outside door and one heavy steel security door.... I would not have stayed here on my own. Aside from a few quams the room had a sink, fridge cooker etc and was handy, we didn't bother with breakfeast and bought stuff in the corner shop to have in the morning, there was no kettle in the room which was a pity as we couldn't get into the lounge/coffee area after 8pm. Our room was very quiet other than sirens every so often during the night and didn't hear any other residents, there was a TV in the room, the only english speaking chanel was the news which was fine... the residents is OK but I will probably spend a few extra euro the next time and get somewhere better situated and cleaner....

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 28, 2009

We really enjoyed staying at this hotel.
The rooms were quiet, large and very clean, with a fairly large kitchen and bathroom.
The staff were friendly and helpful too.

We stayed for 3 days and found the location of this hotel quite good. It was about a 20 minute walk to Charles Bridge, but it allowed for us to explore parts of the city we might have missed if we stayed in the town centre. It is also within walking distance to the Opera - which is a great experience even if you are on a budget!!!
There are some nice 'out of the way' restuarants near by the hotel that allow for a chance to taste quality food (away from the overpriced tourist traps in the centre of town).
We would def stay at this hotel again and reccommend it to anyone visiting Prague.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cduggan
Reviewed October 15, 2008

I was very satisfied with the amount of space that I had. I had a small bachelor apt. for lack of a better description.
There was an entryway/vestibule with a mirror, coat hooks and a chair to sit on(if needed) . That area could be closed off from the rest of the rooms.There was also a pretty good bathroom and a fully equippped kitchenette. I also had a TV(which didn't matter to me), a bed, a table with 2 chairs , a closet and many lighting options.
The view was quite good and I found the room very quiet-which I liked.
There was a small elevator which was handy to use when carrying up groceries /supplies.
The receptionist staff was very friendly.
My only complaint was the breakfast which was included. I would have preferred to have a choice of some fresh fruit and/or yogurt instead of endless supplies of cold cuts and cheeses. I didn't mind the cheeses. But , a yogurt or an apple, orange or banana would have been great.
Also, the coffee was inadequate and I always had to buy another one as soon as I went out for the.
The location of V Tunich Residences was excellent. I was able to get to most of the places that I wanted to go to by foot. It was an excellent location if you wanted to walk. It was always very handy to transit which I did take a few times.
Overall, with the added feature of a kitchenette, it was a good location for a two week stay.
I would stay there again.

Reviewed January 7, 2008

Stayed in the hotel from December 31st till January 4th . the hotel is VERY central, room was clean, big enough with the little kitchen inside - that was really helpful cause the breakfast were quire poor. The staff was friendly and helpful, room service good. Two minuses 1) breakfasts and 2) the reception work from 8 a.m. till 8 p.m. only.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Sveta_Busygina
Reviewed September 19, 2007

Nice little budget hotel in Prague's Nove Mesto (New Town). The location is not too bad -- not incredibly central, but you can get to Wencelas Square in about 5-10 minutes walking. The rooms have no A/C, but are fairly spacious. Most are on the upper floor of an apartment building, so the ceiling slants in pretty dramatically on many (possibly even all?) rooms. Staff was ok -- not very helpful. Don't expect much from breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2007