“Incredible food and even better service”
Review of Ristorante Pagana - CLOSED

Ristorante Pagana
Cuisines: European, Italian, Czech
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Description: We are italian family restaurant with authentic italian kitchen, and friendly athmosphere. You can find us in the center of Prague just two minutes from Narodní Třída. Besides traditional Italian dishes we also serve fresh fishes, seafood and daily changing specials. Our signature dish, flammed spaghetti which is prepared in a wheel of Parmigiano Reggiano in front of you is not just beatiful to watch but still prepared the same way like our grandma from Catania, Sicily showed us many years ago and we are till now using her original recipe of sugo pomodoro.
Reviewed July 12, 2016 via mobile

Santos and his family made our visit memorable. Couldnt have been any more accomodating. Wine selections were outstanding and we received personalized touch on the menu. Great steak and pasta as well as perfectly prepared turbot. Don't miss this and book far in advance.

1  Thank bgaccountant
Santo_Pagana, Manager at Ristorante Pagana, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2016

Dear bgaccountant,

we are very proud to hear that you had such a great time with us, thank you for your time writing this lovely feedback and giving us the feeling to be a part of prague's magic.This means a lot for my family and me.
Please make sure that you visit us soon again next time in prague.

Reviewed July 11, 2016 via mobile

Fabulous food, charming and engaging hosts (Marco & his mom); cozy ambiance. Thanks to previous TA reviewers for the tips on how to find it! Be sure to make a reservation!

1  Thank Deena D

Dear Deena D,

we are very happy that you recognise your family philosophy and enjoyed the time with us.Thank you for your time writing this review we are filled with pride to hear that we meet your expectation.
We would love to see you soon back.

Reviewed July 10, 2016

This was our fourth visit to Prague during which time we have eaten at many restaurants,everything from those serving local cuisine to Michelin star level and Pagana is undoubtedly the best we've been to.It was reccomended to us by our son and after seeing how highly it rated on Trip Advisor, we made a reservation well in advance of our arrival in the city.The restaurant itself is at basement level with a calm relaxed atmosphere,so different from some of the places around nearby Old Town Square.
The service throughout was exemplary.Efficient,knowledgeable,friendly and above all welcoming.And as for the food,just wonderful.After an amuse bouche my wife started with a prawn dish from the daily specials while I had octopus carpaccio from the main menu.For our main dishes my wife chose veal scaloppine with lemon sauce while I had pappardelle with pulled duck.I enjoy local Czech food,but for slightly more cost than a pig's knuckle I had one of the best pasta dishes I've ever eaten.Absolutely superb.For desert I went for the panna cotta while my wife had tiramisu.She makes a pretty mean tiramisu herself but after eating this one she was happy to concede to our waiter that theirs was better.To go with our coffee we were offered a choice of complimentary after dinner drinks,my wife had limoncello and I chose grappa,both served in very generous measures !
Sometimes you visit a restaurant where everything is done just right,both in terms of the food,service and general atmosphere,Pagana is one of them.It maintains the feel and ethos of a family run establishment,for example,it closes at the weekend so all the team can have a break,and despite the reasonable prices it's fine dining at its best.I just wish we had found it on one of our previous visits but we will undoubtedly be back.

1  Thank Steve S

Dear Steve S,

wow what a review we are so glad that we could leave such a big impact on your visit.
My family and me are nearly bursting with pride.
To get such positive feedback is one of our main motivation and files us with energie.
I hope you are going to visit us soon again.

See you soon again.

Reviewed July 8, 2016

Every customer seems to be treated like a long lost friend. A warm handshake and personal attention from arrival to departure. Words don't work for the experience of the food. Some of the best, if not THE best Italian food ever. Even if you do not order a dish prepared at the table you may enjoy the food performance for others in this intimate restaurant. Closed weekends so family can spend time in the countryside and relax together. Giving up the busiest nights of the week for family? Unheard of. An experience for the mind and body not to be missed. La Pagana deserves the best review imaginable but I hate to give away one of the better kept secrets of Prague.

1  Thank PeterR404

Dear Peter R,

we are very pleased that you decided to dine with us and even more happy that the evening was such a great experience for you.
Awesome is that you took your time to write this fabulous feedback. My family and me are touched that you liked the show of our signature dish.

Thank you guys very much and see you soon again.

Family Pagana

Reviewed July 8, 2016 via mobile

It is a cosy place , a family business and it is really delicious.

Santo bagana " order taker" is really funny and able to talk and smile with all guests

Dear Zabatamm,

thank you very much for this honest and nice review. I´m very glad that you choose our family restaurant on your trip to Prague. It feels me with pleasure to hear that everything was really nice and we can´t wait to treat you well again. See you hopefully next time you decide to visit Prague.

Best Regards