“Great burgers, terrible service”
Review of Peter's Burger Pub

Peter's Burger Pub
Ranked #1,051 of 6,368 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Karlin
Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

I went for lunch with a few colleagues from my work, there was only another table, we order daily menu, burger was very good, however we will not come back due to the terrible service we got from both of the waitresses, which were more than rude, raising the voice to the customers, hiting the table, almost throwing us the plates, mumbling, making gestures, and gesticulating, almost screaming on us when we were paying, they seem to be hysteric or something.

We were definitely very unconfortable.

Definitely you should look for something more than tattoos in your waitress selection.

Probably one of the worst customer service in Prague, and that is something!

Congratulations

Regards

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Seragnos

Reviewed August 27, 2018

I love their food and beer, but I had quite a few bad experiences there regarding all other - mostly with grumpy employees (once they even try to cheat with my bil).

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank RaFJr
Reviewed August 22, 2018

I am sorry but this restaurant doesn´t worth visiting. I realize that marketing is really strong weapon but c´mon if you want to have a really good burgers, you can find better. They offer some good ones but really not enough places to sit and the price could be more acceptable.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

This place is not good. With so many burger places around one should get fundamentals right. Not here.

I stopped by for lunch being totally famished. First impression was provided by the waitress who was on one hand quick on the other hand as pleasant as colonoscopy. She was visibly vexed with my enquiry to try to log on to their Wi-Fi to call a cab later. They have one for the guests but the signal is too weak to cover the whole establishment.

Now to the main thing. The food is rubbish. The cook tried to toast the burger bun but ended up burning the edges black. Meat patty was actually good. Bakon was cheap, not crunchy and too much of the liquid smoke taste. Despite trying to agree with the waitress that I want one of their burgers with bacon and cheese I ended up with no cheese. Instead there were way too many green leaves sticking out of the burger threatening the wellbeing of my shirt. Pickles were cut too thick and long making it difficult to take bites. Cheese was no show but there was a dodgy dressing sauce galore instead (from a supermarket bottle?). I ate the burger. The meat patty somehow saved the show. What I could not finish or even go beyond sampling were the fries. They were either made from waxy potatoes or not fried the right way or both. They were hardly crispy and extremely soggy with oil.

To add insult to injury they have a real cheap beer on tap (Konrad from aroud Liberec). This surely improves the margin but you have to be a totally indifferent to what you drink to enjoy Konrad lager.

In conclusion, the whole experience left a bitter aftertaste. Not sure if from old frying oil, burned bun or bargain basement lager. Probably from all the above.

Shame on you. Take some pride in what you do. The restaurant itself looks good and with good service and kitchen could go places.

Date of visit: June 2018
3  Thank Grandgousier2018
Reviewed May 8, 2018 via mobile

Atmosphere and design are very bad. Burgers also don’t worth it - burger buns are dry and not juicy, overall ok, but not for this price. And don’t order fry (it is burnt and veeery oily) and lemonade (the cheapest lemonade in each shop). Waiters are not friendly. So there are much more places in Prague where you can taste really good burgers for better price and with better quality.

Date of visit: May 2018