“A hidden pearl at the heart of Žizkov”
Review of Mon Ami

Mon Ami
Ranked #717 of 6,331 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: French
Neighborhood: Zizkov
Description: Family style restaurant in the heart of Zizkov. 15 Years anniversary on 15/05/15:-)
Reviewed June 14, 2018

An amazing little place you'll be happy to have discovered.
Genuine mediterranean cuisine, friendly and helpful staff, and, of course, fantastic beer.
I strongly recommend seating yourselves in the courtyard garden, which has a truly unique atmosphere.

Date of visit: June 2018
2  Thank jakubvrtny
Barba V, Owner at Mon Ami, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2018

Reviewed June 14, 2018 via mobile

My friend recommended me this place recently saying they have one of the most beautiful summer gardens in Prague.
We've been there with my friends to grab some beers and see if it's true. After our visit, I have to admit that the garden is realy nice (although I've seen some better in my life), but most importantly - the ambience was perfect. Good beer, friendly staff, decent prices and amazing food. I tried pljeskavica and it was absolutly amazing! My friend tried some grilled callamari and it also looked delicious. I ll definitely come back as this was probably the best medirerranean food experience in Prague. 5/5

Date of visit: June 2018
2  Thank Štěpán S
Barba V, Owner at Mon Ami, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2018

Reviewed May 25, 2018

Visit Mon Ami Restaurant in Zizkov, Prague. A great place for lunch or dinner. The food, service, atmosphere and price make it perfect venue. I travel to Prague a lot and usually stay in the Zizkov district, just 1 km from the city centre. I have been dining at Mon Ami on every trip. Cafe Pavlac is also a great place for lunch. I have recently discovered Uber which makes it easy for overseas visitors to book a taxi (well Uber taxi! ) to Mon Ami for a small cost. Easy to book on your mobile phone and no money troubles. converting $$ to Czeck Kr)
Accomodation in Zizkov is also cheaper than the City Centre and the tram service is every couple of minutes (3 stops to centre) . You can buy tram tickets at the Tabak (think that how is is spelt !) near the tram stop. ($1.50 a trip !!)
Enjoy

Date of visit: April 2018
Barba V, Owner at Mon Ami, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2018

Reviewed May 23, 2018 via mobile

The most impolite stuff you could possibly imagine... Always giving it a chance after break just to find out that it's getting even worse

Date of visit: May 2018
2  Thank vilemvlcek
Barba V, Owner at Mon Ami, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2018

Once again and in written form, message for all students from Gymnasium of Music Art. If you are in bigger group coming to our restaurant, students who are already over 18 years old takes responsibility of those younger than 18 not to drink alcohol!!! Yes we are checking ID´s but in so many cases you´ve tried to fool us, or you may have even succeeded, when we are busy and you are in bigger groups with students of mixed age. You know that some of your teachers are coming to our place too?! We were once all students, rebellious... and we have understanding for it up to certain level!
So simply, in case someone try to fool us with his/her age, all the other members of the group seating at the table will not get alcohol drink of any form in our restaurant, even they are young adults!!

Přes to vlak nejede!

Reviewed May 23, 2018 via mobile

Yelling at customers to go f**k themselves just because a girl from our group tried to order a beer - she wasn't 18 and after a waitress asked for ID she ordered non-alcoholic beverage - is not really a nice thing to do. This is not a first time they were acting this way. They are rude all the time. Definitely not worth it

Date of visit: May 2018