“Great atmosphere and food ”

Jurys Inn - Bistro Restaurant
Ranked #578 of 6,454 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Czech
Good for: Local cuisine
Neighborhood: Karlin
Description: Our bistro style restaurant offers a cosy and relaxed atmosphere where you can enjoy a seasonal, fresh menu inspired by current trends as well a fusion of traditional bistro classics and Czech cuisine. Our quick lunch menu is served at a modest price every business day and is very popular in the Karlin neighbourhood.
Reviewed March 26, 2019 via mobile

Had the Grilled chicken breast with mash&onion ,green beans & green pepper sauce, not too much on the plate but was filling, other diners had Salad that looked a massive portion, had a very different soft drink which was lovely mandarin &Seville orange with ginger lemonade so total for two €33 and because were staying there got 20%off the bill,its a lovely atmosphere in the Bistro and Bar and lots of people coming&going..

Date of visit: March 2019
JurysInnPrague, Manager at Jurys Inn - Bistro Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2019

Dear Suzanne S!

Thank you for your feedback following your recent visit here with us!

I was happy to know you enjoyed the quality our dishes & cocktails.
Your kind and motivated words will be shared within our entire kitchen & restaurant team!

Hopefully we will have a chance to welcome you back very soon again!

Best regards.

Your Bistro Team

Reviewed March 23, 2019 via mobile

Just to be clear, this is about an evening meal taken whilst staying in the hotel. The Jury’s Inn room, breakfast and location were nigh on perfect but the evening meal on our first night was not such a good experience.

The food was disappointing. My main course was chicken breast with roasted vegetables and carrot purée. The chicken was two slices of breast (each maybe about 1cm thick) although quite nicely cooked. The portion of veg was very small and the carrot purée was also sparse and too salty for my taste. Dessert was three small pancakes. The food itself was not too bad although I was still hungry afterwards...maybe a combination of portion sizes and the duration of the meal.

The service was painfully slow taking over two hours for a two course meal with waiting staff who just didn’t engage with us. The dessert turned up almost exactly one hour after ordering! We waited so long we ended up just watching one young “waiter” spending his time carefully checking glasses of vacated tables in an effort to guess if they had been used or not before deciding whether to leave them on the table for the next diners and then, rather than wiping the table, just sweeping the crumbs onto the floor with his hand.

So, in summary, food itself was ok but service fell below basic expectations. We found a couple of good Italian restaurants locally on subsequent nights where we ate well for slightly less money.

Date of visit: March 2019
JurysInnPrague, Manager at Jurys Inn - Bistro Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2019

Dear Hoops63!

First of all I would like to thank you for your recent stay at our hotel and for your feedback following your restaurant experience.

I was sorry to know that we were not able to meet your expectations in certain areas but on the other hand I would like to thank you for your open and honest comment which will help us to increase the level of our services & the quality of our product.

Thank you for your kind words following the quality of the dishes. I was concerned to read your opinion about the quantity of the meal. Your note will be taken into account and will be discussed within our Executive chef.

Please accept my apology for the nonprofessional approach of our staff. Your feedback has been taking on board very seriously and will be shared within our relevant team immediately. Thank you for letting us know!

Please do not hesitate to contact myself during your future booking.
I will do my best to assist you in any matter.

Reviewed March 3, 2019

After a long day of touring, we were exhausted and didn't want to go out. We each had a bowl of tomato soup that was really good, it needed to be a little hotter though. Then we shared the salmon entree. The salmon was perfectly cooked and it came with a thin pasta and julienned carrots.

It was not crowded so it was quiet and relaxing.

Date of visit: February 2019
JurysInnPrague, Manager at Jurys Inn - Bistro Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2019

Dear AuntieFlo!

Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience here with us!

I was delighted to know you enjoyed the quality of cuisine.
Our entire restaurant and kitchen team will he happy to know your positive opinion following
our tomato soup & salmon entree.

Please do not hesitate to contact myself directly during your future booking.

Reviewed February 4, 2019 via mobile

Have eaten here twice the past few days during a stay in Prague.

First night I thoroughly enjoyed my duck feast! Duck rillette to start, followed by confit duck leg with red cabbage and dumplings. The duck in both dishes was plentiful and extremely tasty. Would highly recommend both!

For dessert I enjoyed the chocolate ganache. Rich, sticky, sublime. Needed the black cherry sauce to cut through the richness.

The food at this bistro is great value!

Tonight I had the goats cheese foam with beetroot sorbet. The goats cheese wasn’t a foam but a smear. The beetroot sorbet was delicious. Not the easiest dish to eat though. Followed that with the goulash which I was thankful wasn’t a soup! A rich sauce, some tender stewed beef, and big bread dumplings. Was very tasty! I unnecessarily had the pancakes for dessert and I struggled to eat them as I was stuffed from the previous two courses. They too were tasty though.

Impressed with the high standard of this hotel restaurant.

Date of visit: February 2019
JurysInnPrague, Manager at Jurys Inn - Bistro Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2019

Dear DrTimboM!

Thank you for your recent visit and for your feedback following your experience.

I was thrilled to read such a positive and motivated comment,
which will be shared within our restaurant and kitchen team immediately.

We really appreciate your very kind words and your amazing five star score.

Please do not hesitate to let us know about your future booking.
It will be our pleasure to assist you in any future matter.

Best regards.

Jaroslav

jaroslav_krouzel@jurysinns.com

Reviewed January 9, 2019

Mostly western dishes, but served deliciously.
Service is not the warmest however. That's not a deterrent per se - I think you expect that in the Czech Republic.

Date of visit: January 2019
JurysInnPrague, Manager at Jurys Inn - Bistro Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2019

Dear SenateHouse!

Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience here with us!

I was sorry to read your opinion in regards to our services,
as we do our best in order to provide all our customers with the most friendly and helpful approach.
Thank you for your positive words following the quality of our dishes.

Please do not hesitate to contact myself directly during your future booking.