“Great Hotel,Great Location”

Charles Bridge Residence
Ranked #21 of 365 Prague B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 24, 2014

What a great little find this hotel is.Just at the end of the Charles Bridge.With only 7 rooms this is a perfect hotel to spend a break in Prague.The owner arranged transport from the airport at 690 krona,just over £21.The rooms are quite large with good sized bathroom.Rooms at the front can get a little noisy but have a view of the street with all the hustle and bustle of people passing by.Rooms at the back have no view,but are extremely quiet.Breakfast is served across the road in a small cafe,and with 7 different choices,there can be no complaints.Some reviewers complained that the staff serving breakfast were surly and miserable.we found them very pleasant and charming.All in all I would say that this is the perfect place for a break in Prague.

Room Tip: Rooms at back are extremely quiet
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Michal_Musil, Manager at Charles Bridge Residence, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your nice words in your review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay in our Residence. Please contact me directly in the future should you consider another stay and I will personally arrange a very special price for you.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Everything we booked, we got - from the taxi to and from the airport (booked via the hotel for 690 Kr each way), to the room and breakfast. Very clean, quiet (we had room 7 on the top floor at the back) and good location. No lift or reception, but we knew that; breakfast across the road some 20 yards away in cafe (no complaints). Prague very inexpensive and hotel good value for money; would recommend it. Only slight negative comment was there was no evidence of heating being on in the room (fortunately it was warm for March and the bed & duvet quite cosy); also the towel rail was not heated / on in the spacious bathroom (shower only and towels changed everyday).

Room Tip: Rooms at the back look out onto a wall; only room 7 on the top floor (four flights of stairs) has wi...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Michal_Musil, Manager at Charles Bridge Residence, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear guests,
Thank you very much for so nice words in your review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay in our Residence. I am sorry that I didn't show you how to regulate heating in the room. Please contact me directly in the future should you consider another stay and I will personally arrange a very special price for you.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Communication with the management was excellent both before and during our stay. Transportation from and returning to the train station was arranged for us well before our arrival. Our roon was spacious and comfortable and more than met our expectations. I would not hesitate to recommend this Residence to anyone wanting a great central location right at the foot of the Charles Bridge. A good number of excellent shops and restaurants are also located right outside the entrance.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Michal_Musil, Manager at Charles Bridge Residence, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Dear guests,
Thank you very much for so nice words in your review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay in our Residence. Please contact me directly in the future should you consider another stay and I will personally arrange a very special price for you.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I was impressed before I even arrived to the Residence. We were flying from London on the day of airport chaos and flight cancellations. Whilst I was worrying about having to call the residence and change the booking etc, I received a call from Michal himself telling me that he had seen on the website that the flights had been cancelled and he wanted to double check. He then rearranged our accommodation and taxi for the following day and we managed to stay an extra day as well. How many hotel managers do you know that would call you? In my experience none. In fact I was expecting being charged for the one night. Anyway, e had a taxi waiting upon arrival and Martin waiting at the door who helped us with our luggage. Well, the rest speaks for itself. Perfect location, extremely clean room that the lovely Tatyana cleaned every day (again not something you'd expect in residences), the beds were to die for! Spelt sooo well. Kettle and tea and coffee and small fridge. Everything you'd need for the stay. Although there isn't a reception as such, all our tour guides found us and waited just outside the door, and despite there not being an official receptionist or concierge, I went to Michal's office on the 8th floor pretty much every day and he helped with me restaurants, and maps so really, everything that a hotel would offer. I'd highly recommend the residence to anyone any day!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank SMUitalia
Michal_Musil, Manager at Charles Bridge Residence, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear guests,
Thank you very much for this excelent review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay in our Residence and that we could help you to rearrange your stay. Please contact me directly in the future should you consider another stay and I will personally arrange a very special price for you.
Michal, Martin and Tatiana

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Prague was possibly my favourite part of my Europe trip and I feel a large part of that is because of my stay at Charles Bridge Residence. We arrived here quite late in the evening, feeling very dishevelled, and one of the staff members was waiting at the door for us to help carry our bags up the five or so flights of stairs (no elevator but no huge issue) before personally showing us around our room and answering any questions we had. I cannot remember his name but his customer service was excellent and well appreciated by us after a long day. The room was clean and comfortable, and my favourite part was the large windows which you could open and then sit on the sill watching the busy street below. As a result of this it is quite noisy from the street during the night but I'm a heavy sleeper and this did not worry me, it was atmospheric! The residence also is in great proximity to the main sights of Prague, and steps from the Charles Bridge! The included breakfast across the street was great, with a variety of large meals to choose from and friendly staff, not to mention it was super convenient. Would not think about staying anywhere else when I return to Prague!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kaitlin F
Michal_Musil, Manager at Charles Bridge Residence, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Dear guests,
Thank you very much for this positive review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay in our Residence. Please contact me directly in the future should you consider another stay and I will personally arrange a very special price for you.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

If you wish to stay in a super clean, comfortable, quiet place, then we recommend this residence!
Also, its excellent location is really convenient to the city center, right next to the charming and famous Charles Bridge.
Breakfast is served at the Bohemian Bagel, staff is helpful and friendly. Mini bar in the room is also available.
We spent five nights in room no. 5. No special view from the window, but a really quiet room.
Also, Michal will give you his mobile number in case you need assistance, and will arrange transfer from/to airport if needed. Highly recommended if you wish to stay in a beautiful historical location.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank TheBonalds
Michal_Musil, Manager at Charles Bridge Residence, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for nice words in your review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay in our Residence. Please contact me directly in the future should you consider another stay and I will personally arrange a very special price for you.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Stayed here over xmas and certainly the apartments are nice, spacious and in a great location. Can't complain about that. It was disappointing then that despite making great efforts to be very client orientated, the business still manages (as now unfortunately seems to be endemic in Prague) to apply some interesting maths to exchange rates. We were quoted the room rate in Euro, of course i expected my card to be debited in Czech Korona (Kc), but the amount of Kc clearly showed that there was a discrepancy in the bank exchange rate and the hotel owner's rate. I asked for confirmation and was advised that "Like in all hotels in Czech Republic we have our exchange rate for credit card transactions to avoid all problems connected with everyday changing exchange rate between CZK and EUR.".

As you can imagine, this does not result in an exchange rate in the client's favour.

This is a great shame as I end up writing a review not about how much I liked the accommodation or found its owner attentive and wanting to provide a good service, instead I am griping about stupid little money grabbing annoyances that aren't necessary. After two days of needing have razor sharp wits to dodge all the money exchange scams throughout the city, this really was the icing on the cake.

It's a pity what has happened to what was once such a wonderfully romantic city.

Room Tip: If you ask for a specific, numbered room make sure you get written confirmation of exactly the numbe...
Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Smeagle O

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your stay in our Residence. I am sorry for any misunderstanding with the exchange rate. We informed you and explained to you about our payment conditions and about our exchange rate. It was standard daily rate of the day of your arrival.
Thank you for understanding. I hope you still enjoyed your stay with us.