“Top Class Apartments / Residences”

Charles Bridge Residence
Ranked #17 of 370 Prague B&B and Inns
Athens, Greece
“Top Class Apartments / Residences”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

Very clean -- daily cleaning service, "strategic" location -- Prague is for walking and the residence is right in the "middle", within walking distance of all points of interest. Very large rooms -- we stayed at a family room on the last floor with view on the street. Excellent breakfast at a coffee shop accross the street (I must say the best breakfast I have had for an apartment / residence stay) Owner is always accessible on the phone as staff is not available 24/7 but rather "morning to 3-4pm". The staff on premises is very polite and always available to assist you with any inquiry you may have. Indeed there is no A/C (only a floor fan was available) but in May there was no need of one, as you can also open the windows (I don't know about summer). No lift in the building, but we didn't mind. Overall, very good value for money, and I would recommend it to anyone visiting Prague.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank NkLA
Michal_Musil, Manager at Charles Bridge Residence, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear guests,
Thank you very much for so nice words in your feedback. I am happy that you enjoed your stay in Prague. Please contact me directly in the future should you consider another stay and I will personally arrange a very special price for you.
Michal Musil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

It's extremely rare to find a hotel which ticks all boxes in a major tourist destination like Prague, but the Charles Bridge Residence is one of them. Let me break my review down into the pros and cons:

Pros:
1. Location - The hotel is literally half a minute's walk from the Charles Bridge and the Lesser Town square, and around 5-10 minutes' walk from the Old Town square. We took the tram just once, and that too because we wanted to experience travelling by the old Prague tram and not because we needed to get anywhere. There's people on the streets round the clock and the area has a good Tourist Police presence - so safety is assured. In spite of the milling crowds, the double windows shut *all* the noise out, so that's a major loophole that's plugged.

2. Room - Large room with a large bed, sofa, TV and work desk, clean bathroom. What else does one ask for as a tourist in a city like Prague? Oh yes, everything is kept clean and tidy, and the room is cleaned everyday.

3. Service - Michal was always available to help us, from explaining everything about the room, hotel and Prague upon our arrival, to helping us find places and things to do in Prague, to pointing us to great deals. Note, however, that this is not a hotel with staff present 24/7, so you're on your own after working hours, but then, Michal can be reached if you need anything urgently.

4. Breakfast - They give you coupons to a restaurant in the street below. The spread isn't massive, but what you get to eat is excellent. The breakfast kept us going till late afternoon!

Cons:

1. Cooling - We stayed in the hotel when the temperature was still in single digits (celsius), so we had no complaints. But I am not sure how comfortable it is in summer - we didn't notice an AC.

2. No lift/elevator - Our room was on the third storey and we were out of breath hauling our luggage when we arrived. If you're very unfit or your health can't hold up to climbing up several flights of stairs, then this isn't the place for you.

3. Wi-fi - The wi-fi signal was really sporadic (but fast when we did pick up signal). But I don't see how this is a major concern if you're out to enjoy your holiday and break free from your virtual world.

The way I see it, the negatives aren't absolute negatives. We weren't significantly affected by any of these enough to ruin our stay. Hence, I'm awarding the Charles Bridge Residence five stars!

Room Tip: Easier to climb up to the rooms on the first and second floors, obviously!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Atyanand
Michal_Musil, Manager at Charles Bridge Residence, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for so detailed review. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay. Please contact me directly in the future should you consider another stay and I will personally arrange a very special price for you.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

I was stay there for 4 nights with my mom and my sister. The room was really big and comfortable. They cleaned up the room everyday. And staff there are really nice and helpful. Before I got there, I mailed to them several times and they always answered my questions very quickly and let me feel that they really care about your need. Oh and the breakfast they provided was also very tasty :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Michal_Musil, Manager at Charles Bridge Residence, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for very nice review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with your mom and sister in our Charles Bridge Residence. Please contact me directly in the future should you consider another stay and I will personally arrange a very special price for you.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is great where it's most important: it's clean, comfortable, close to interesting things, and reasonably priced. What keeps it from getting a higher rating is the following: I needed help twice from the front desk and no one was there so I called Michel and he told me to look at the brochures in the room and call him back if I still needed help; the tours he referred me to in the brochures were WAY over priced compared to tours that I found online; WiFi connection was weak so most times couldn't connect; the breakfast place was just okay - coffee wasn't very good, food was okay, service was sorta slow. I was really glad I was on the first floor since my luggage was heavier than I thought it would be and there's not an elevator.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Wanderer2662
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your stay and your review. I would like to clarify the situation. We are in the office most of the day but we don’t have 24h front desk. If you need any assistance you could call me anytime you want free of charge from your room. We are cooperating with two biggest and most popular tour companies in Prague that are offering high quality service for reasonable prices. If you had any problem with your internet connection, you should tell me and would be happy to help you.
Waterville, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I were in Prague for 5 nights and we were so happy to have found such a lovely and convenient place to stay. Our room was very comfortable and roomy. The bathroom was large with a nice shower and a hairdryer. The bed was so comfortable that I fell asleep in a wink after our long flight in from Boston. Everything was spotlessly clean. The location is outstanding, just at the end of the Charles Bridge. Our host did all that he could to insure that our visit was happy, even arranging transportation from the airport. Our breakfasts were as substantial as we wanted and essentially filled us up for most of the day. This B&B is right in the heart of the tourist district and it is very easy to access anything in Prague that you would want to see. We were so glad we chose this hotel and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Michal_Musil, Manager at Charles Bridge Residence, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for very nice review. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with your husband in our Charles Bridge Residence. Please contact me directly in the future should you consider another stay and I will personally arrange a very special price for you.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

We just completed a 3 night stay and would do it again. We were well cared for. We arrived late at night but were met by a cheerful host who patiently and thoroughly explained details about our stay. The room was well arranged, clean and neat. The locations is absolutely fantastic in the middle of the tourist district. The included breakfasts at Bohemian Bagels was excellent. We highly recommend Charles Bridge Residence.

• Stayed April 2013
Michal_Musil, Manager at Charles Bridge Residence, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear guests,
Thank you so much for this positive review. It has been our pleasure looking after you.
Please contact me again should you consider another stay and I will personally arrange a very special price for you.
Indianapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

What a great find this was. Our family of 4 had a huge family/quad room that was quiet, clean and roomy. The bathroom was a good size (full size shower) as well.

The location is outstanding -- just over the Charles Bridge. Close enough to get to Old Town easily (across the wonderful bridge) yet on the less busy/touristy side.

As mentioned, breakfast is across the street at the Bohemian Bagel which was fine.

The hosts answered questions via e-mail ahead of time and we got a good overview upon arrival. They aren't the type to check on you every day, but that suits us fine. We had an issue with the shower drain draining slowly and that got right on it.

The price was reasonable (and fantastic compared to 2 rooms elsewhere). We were very pleased with our choice.

One caveat: we were up 3 long flights of stairs which might be an issue for some.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear guests,
Thank you very much for your nice review. Although there was the small problem with the shower drain I am very happy that enjoyed your stay in our Residence.