It's extremely rare to find a hotel which ticks all boxes in a major tourist destination like Prague, but the Charles Bridge Residence is one of them. Let me break my review down into the pros and cons:
1. Location - The hotel is literally half a minute's walk from the Charles Bridge and the Lesser Town square, and around 5-10 minutes' walk from the Old Town square. We took the tram just once, and that too because we wanted to experience travelling by the old Prague tram and not because we needed to get anywhere. There's people on the streets round the clock and the area has a good Tourist Police presence - so safety is assured. In spite of the milling crowds, the double windows shut *all* the noise out, so that's a major loophole that's plugged.
2. Room - Large room with a large bed, sofa, TV and work desk, clean bathroom. What else does one ask for as a tourist in a city like Prague? Oh yes, everything is kept clean and tidy, and the room is cleaned everyday.
3. Service - Michal was always available to help us, from explaining everything about the room, hotel and Prague upon our arrival, to helping us find places and things to do in Prague, to pointing us to great deals. Note, however, that this is not a hotel with staff present 24/7, so you're on your own after working hours, but then, Michal can be reached if you need anything urgently.
4. Breakfast - They give you coupons to a restaurant in the street below. The spread isn't massive, but what you get to eat is excellent. The breakfast kept us going till late afternoon!
1. Cooling - We stayed in the hotel when the temperature was still in single digits (celsius), so we had no complaints. But I am not sure how comfortable it is in summer - we didn't notice an AC.
2. No lift/elevator - Our room was on the third storey and we were out of breath hauling our luggage when we arrived. If you're very unfit or your health can't hold up to climbing up several flights of stairs, then this isn't the place for you.
3. Wi-fi - The wi-fi signal was really sporadic (but fast when we did pick up signal). But I don't see how this is a major concern if you're out to enjoy your holiday and break free from your virtual world.
The way I see it, the negatives aren't absolute negatives. We weren't significantly affected by any of these enough to ruin our stay. Hence, I'm awarding the Charles Bridge Residence five stars!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Charles Bridge Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charles Bridge Residence Hotel Prague