“Can't fault this hotel”

Ranked #176 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Can't fault this hotel”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The breakfast had a good choice and it's location is great. It is right between 2 stops on the tram and only half a dozen stops to the very centre. The trams are easy. The staff were friendly and spoke in English when they saw me. I will stay here again when next in Prague.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank novisfamily
Dostaljr, Manager at Hotel Carlton, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with your stay and services in Hotel Carlton.

Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Utterson
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This was a really nice hotel! Conveniently located on the number 9 tramway - hop on or off just outside the hotel and make your way downtown to the many pedestrian only streets full of shops and cafes and buskers and classic architecturally designed buildings of Old Town Prague. EASY to get to! Also easy to get to/from the train station! You can buy transit tickets right at the front desk - how convenient is that? There is also a small grocery store across the street - again convenient! The staff are friendly, very knowledgeable speak English! The breakfasts are excellent - something for everyone. The staff there worked hard to keep every open table ready for new customers - cleaned as soon as they were vacated. The room was nicely laid out with a very modern washroom. Odd but I never had to wait once for the single elevator! Not once in three days! My only complaint would be the hotel bar was closed early it seemed but it is possible I could have arrived each night at the wrong time.....hardly a complaint really. I really felt more comfortable my first time in Prague because of my stay at this Carlton Hotel. From a Canadian!

Room Tip: I did not look to see if there even was a pool or fitness room - even though I am into fitness, I pr...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank SanmanUfford
Dostaljr, Manager at Hotel Carlton, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Dear client,

Thank you for your appreciation of our services, and we hope that we will soon have a chance to welcome you again at hotel Carlton.

Bremen, Germany
Reviewed June 29, 2012

The location is great. Tram station is just 50 m away and you need less than 10 min to center. Metro station Flora is about 7-8 min on foot and a big mall is there as well.
Room was clean, breakfast was ordinary and staff was friendly.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Braga, Portugal
Reviewed June 15, 2012

This is a renovated hotel with big rooms, a decor that tries to give an old-fashioned ambiance without being kitsch and very comfortable overall. It's not downtown, but regular trams take you there in 5-10 minutes, and you avoid the crowds. The area is still pleasant, with restaurants, bars and local shops. Breakfast is quite good, both cold and hot, and the staff is pleasant and helpful. No wifi in most rooms (only in the lobby) but cable internet, which is still free. I satyed there because it was convenient for a conference I was attending but next time in Prague, even for holidays, I'll most probably stay there again. Have I mentioned that it was quite cheap? I even thought, before arrival, that there must be some problem with the hotel. There wasn't.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Stockholm
Reviewed May 24, 2012

The hotels rooms is big and spacey, the beds are more than the normal 90cm, so nice beds. When we arrive it was the first day with warm weather, and our room was warm. I get done and ask them to turn on the AC, and the receptionist told me it was already on. When I told him it was not working in our room he suggest I should open the window. A sign next to the window says – AC will stop working if you open the window….It what I told him. So my conclusion was that they haven’t turned on the AC yet. When we leave the room for the evening we opened all the windows, so it was ok when we get back. The next day they had started the AC.
Breakfast was very good, many things to choose from.
It takes only 5-10 minutes to go with the tram to the city center, the tram was on a very regularly base. Very easy and nice. We going back to Prague, this will be our place to stay.
It was local pubs in the area too, very nice ones, really local and not so touristic.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Very good hotel at affordable price. It is close to Univ. of Economics (where I was attending a conference). Also, it is very close from the center of the city. Its around 15-20 mins walk from the Wenceslas Square. Staffs are very cordial. Breakfast was good. There are plenty of restaurants and bars nearby. Very close to Flora mall. There's also Albert supermarket just opp. to the hotel. Tram stop is also very close by.
There was some problem in their water supply line, so the last few hours of my stay, there was no water. Although the receptionist provided me with ample water bottles for usage. All in all, a nice place to stay.
I stayed 4 nights for 212 EUR (1 person with breakfast)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dostaljr, General Manager at Hotel Carlton, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Dear client,

Thank you for your pleasant review. We are really glad that you liked your stay at hotel Carlton. We apologize for the temporal water shortage, which was caused by construction works on local water supply line. Unfortunately we have no power over such things, and hope that if you ever have chance to visit us again, you will find your stay 100% trouble free.

Dublin
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Very good hotel, very clean, quiet, good staff, good breakfast. I was very happy to stay here. The rooms are a good size, the bed is comfortable. It's only a few minutes by tram. There is a supermarket opposite. There is a lot to recommend this hotel. The price is excellent as well. For what you pay you get very good value for money. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Buy a 24 hour ticket for the tram / metro - to be safe. I was stopped a couple of times by inspector...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dostaljr, General Manager at Hotel Carlton, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Dear client,

We truly appreciate the fact that you have chosen for your stay hotel Carlton. We are glad to hear that you were happy with the accommodation and services, and hope that we will soon have a chance to welcome you again at our hotel.

Hotel Manager