“One of the best hotels ever stayed in”

Hotel Residence Retezova
Ranked #9 of 364 Prague B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed here in 2005 and it has taken me this long to remember the name of the hotel and I am glad I finally found it again. I wanted to stay in another hotel with my parents who had booked it with their friends but I was so glad they had no further rooms. A booking agency I used gave me this place and it wa sso much better than where I was going to stay. Check in was efficient and the quality of the room blew my breath away. I have stayed in executive suites before but this had such charm and my companions were very jealous. I had the Berlin suite and I hope to bring my fiance here for her first trip to Prague. I loved having the little courtyard to have my coffee in the morning and I used the cafe for my breakfast. It is literally only a few minutes walk to the old town and bridge.

Room Tip: Berlin suite spacious and quaint. People cpmplain about singapore suite so avoid
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank gordi_graham
There are newer reviews for Hotel Residence Retezova

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Excellent location, Excellent staff. Room was charming, beautiful, clean and very spacious for my wife and three teen-aged children. Walking distance to everything. WiFi worked very well and the front desk even provided us with an electrical adapter. Excellent coffee shop next door was an added bonus. Staff was very helpful and very friendly.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank timgluck
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Recently spent 3days and 2 nights in Prague and after reading positive reviews decided to book Hotel Residence Retezova. I booked directly through the hotel and from the start this was an efficient and simple process. we stayed i the Madrid room which was joyous. The painted ceiling, the floors, the perfect quite and comfy bed. I work in a boutique hotel and know good service. Both the reception staf that we spoke with during our stay we're polite, helpful and charming. Nothing was too much, the gentleman working one night assisted in booking our restaurant reservations. The location was ideal, everything was within a short walk.
I plan to return again one day to Prague and when I do I will definitely look to stay here again.

Room Tip: Madrid is hard to better, loads of space, quite and cosy. Stayed in Feb
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Perfect location, perfect apartment, perfect service. I couldn't ask for more when me and my boyfriend stayed here for weekend in Prague. It's situated in the old town of Prague only a couple of minutes from the old square, the Carls bridge, numerous bars and restaurants, shops and everything else you might need. We stayed in a one bedroom apartment and it was just perfect for the two of us! In the summertime we could also have enjoyed a nice patio. Also, the small café next door offers great breakfast and good coffee as well as a nice atmosphere. We will definitely stay here next time we go to Prague :)

Room Tip: Some apartments have stairs. Also in summertime I would recommend an apartment with patio or terrace...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Residence Retezova is in a fantastic location within easy walking distance from all the major sites. I stayed in Apartment Madrid which is a gorgeous, huge and very comfortable apartment. It has a great power shower, tidy and clean kitchen with everything you need, huge TV and DVD player and a very comfortable bed. I slept so well! I would recommend going for the 'smart rate' where you get a discount for paying in advance. No need to get the bed and breakfast rate as breakfast at Cafe Ebel next door charges only 160K for breakfast. You can also buy food and eat in. The daily maid service means that someone else does the washing up and cleans your apartment for you every day, the height of luxury! For anyone who wants to be in the middle of the Old Town and have a sense of privacy and quiet, this is the place to be!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This is a very good place to stay in Prague. It is just off the Main Square (but enough so it is not loud at night) and easy to walk to anywhere. The rooms are very comfortable and the age of the place gives it atmosphere. All the staff there were friendly and eager to please -- down to going off to purchase tickets for us to the Sparta Praha ice hockey game after the website wasn't working properly. We look forward to coming back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2013

This was the most perfect hotel to stay. Clean - Quiet - Fantastic Location - Staff extremely helpful. We went to visit our daughter who was studying abroad during Thanksgiving week. We have been to Europe many times but it was our first Prague trip. Can't say enough about how much we loved the city and a part of that was the great experience we had in this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family