“delicious”

Estrella restaurant
Ranked #30 of 5,536 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Adelaide, Australia
“delicious”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We were thrilled to find this restaurant down a little side street in Prague. Pretty much every restaurant in the Old Town / tourist area of Prague was offering Pig Knuckles or Beef Goulash, so to find ANY place offering vegetarian options was brilliant, but Estrella went above and beyond. Our meals were delicious, the service good, and the price extremely reasonable. Completely recommend this little venue.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Prague, Hlavni Mesto Praha, Czech Republic
“Estrella (Star) really deserves this name...”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I have to say that I really love this restaurant and I am trying to come here every day for lunches, because the food they offer is really good and fresh. They offer daily menu (from Monday to Friday between 11.30 and 15.30), these are different every day and include soup and a main dish for CZK125,- (+-€ 5,-) which is for the quality they provide more than fair price. I even like their dinners. (My favorite is Thai Curry and Quesadillas.) The wines they have on the list are good too. The restaurant is non smoking, which I really really appreciate as well. And the final thing (but not less important) I want to mention is the service - always smilling and nice. Definitely recommend. (Even my non vegeterian friends whom I took here liked the food.) P.S.: The only disadvantage I found is when you get used to their food you tongue will get really spoilt.

• Visited October 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Fabulous vegetarian food, best I had in Prague!”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I can thoroughly recommend Estrella for both vegetarians (like me) and non-vegetarians. It was the best meal I had in Prague. The menu had multiple sections including starters, entrees, mains, soups, salads, desserts - so lots to choose from.

I wasn't that hungry so had a soup and salad. The cream of pea soup was delicious, I was concerned it would be a bit bland but it was not. It came with a couple of small slices of lovely bread. Then the goat's cheese salad was superb - lots of lovely salad vegetables topped with a generous serve of goat's cheese. I had ordered some homemade bread too which was nice to spread some of the goat's cheese on. All this plus a homemade mint lemonade was 256 CZK (about $15 AUD) - what a bargain for such beautiful food.

The waitress didn't speak a lot of english but enough for us to understand each other. The service was great and I loved the feel of the place, great atmosphere (not a big place, only 6 tables that seated between 2 and 6 people). There is also a small bar that you can sit at. Note they are not open on Sundays.

Prague, Czech Republic
“Fantastic food and great service”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Even if I am not a vegetarian, Estrella is for me one of the best restaurant in town. It´s located in one of the side streets in Prague's Nové město district. If you are staying in the area or find yourself nearby, I highly recommend stopping by for lunch. Service is attentive, smiley, and always polite. Every day, the chef prepares one lunch special for good price (125 CZK for soup and main dish or 150 CZK for soup, main dish and desert) which is brought out at a seemingly lightning speed, so you can be in and out in half an hour. And the food is just fantastic - I wouldn't imagine that vegetarian cuisine could be so varied and tasty!

Prague, Czech Republic
“Simply the best”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Sounds like an overstatement, but is simply true. I am mostly vegetarian and I know pretty much all the vegetarian/vegan restaurants in Prague (there aren't that many), and being the foodie that I am - I'm not easily satisfied and don;t give such a review easily. Daily menu is often way more delicious and way nicely prepared then most restaurants main dishes and and in all the food made, you can just simply taste the love and passion it was prepared with. Plus the service is excellent and the restaurant very cozy. I must say it beats my ex favorite restaurant Clear Head in the race for the first place.

• Visited October 2013