“Delicious local cuisine”

Ranked #86 of 5,781 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Czech
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located under the historic hill fortress "Vysehrad", Restaurace Pod Vysehradem offers traditional Czech cusine, as well as vegetarian and international foods. We have a capacity of 60 guests and welcome reservations for business meetings, wedding dinners and parties.
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We went to the U Kroka and find out that it was full. This was next to it and we gave it to a chance. Atmosphere was relaxed and cousy, some locals were dining. My girlfriend and I ordered traditional cuisine fot two to be shared. It was very delicous and the portion was so big that we couldn't finish it. Waiter man was very friendly and the whole place was very nice. Main course for two, two beers and one sider was about 500CZK so prices are very reasonable. Give it a try!

1  Thank Mikko R

Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Good service. They had dilicious ice cream and the waiter was very kind and pleasant man. Beer is good too. Value money

1  Thank Eka M
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I go to this Restaurace at least twice during the week! Thry have excellent and tasty food prepared in different ways and good draught beer. Prices are more than better! Staff also speak English!

If you are next to this place at least enter and ask for a beer!

1  Thank the-unknown-customer
Reviewed March 30, 2014

A great little place with good food and a friendly atmosphere.
The food and service was great. I ordered vepro-knedlo-zelo ( pork, dumplings and gravy) and was not disappointed. Very tasty and well cooked, loved it. My friend ordered the chicken and pork snitzel which had me wanting to try that next even though I was full to bursting afer my meal. I didnt but on my next visit I will definitely be eating here again and trying the snitzel for sure. The only down side to the place was the fact that smoking is allowed in there as it seems to be throughout Prague which for a non smoker like myself is a little uncomfortable but tolerable I suppose.

1  Thank Mike A
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

We were aiming for family dinner and found 2 other restaurants in neighborhood booked out Friday evening. We took a chance here based on reviews. Food is very good with large portions. Beer was 1 EUR. 4 main dishes, 2 salads, 1 starter (excellent tartar), 1 desert and drinks all for 36 EUR...

3  Thank Milan S