“'Fantastic stay and wonderful staff'”
Review of The Emblem Hotel

The Emblem Hotel
Ranked #32 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We have just returned from a two night stay at the Emblem Hotel in Prague. The hotel was wonderful and the staff so so very friendly and couldn't do enough to help... The rooms are
delightful as is the Spa and the restaurant adjoining the hotel as some of the best steak
I have ever tasted... A truly wonderful experience and in the heart of Prague...

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
ZuzanaSelova, Sales & Marketing Manager at The Emblem Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear JoanB0nd,

It is so great to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us, and we enjoyed having you here as well. We are happy that you checked out (and loved) both the M Spa and George Prime Steak. Next time when you come to see us, you will have to go down to the Private Members club (the Maharal) that we just opened on the lower level of the hotel, and see what we are doing with the space. Come back soon! We have so many more exciting things planned for our hotel, and we want to share them with you.

Kind Regards,
Zuzana

Write a ReviewReviews (1,241)

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I recently booked this property for travel next year based on the exceptional reviews on Tripadvisor. I have been working with Jana and my experience has been amazing already. She has been in constant touch with me and helped to resolve a booking issue with efficiency and professionalism. I can tell that I have made the right choice and look forward to my stay next year. I can't wait to get there - I only wish that I could extend my stay! :-)

Thank you Jana for your excellent service!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
ZuzanaSelova, Sales & Marketing Manager at The Emblem Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Princess416,

Thank you for your very kind note directed to our Reservations Executive Jana. Jana was very pleased to hear that you were so happy with her services. It made her day. We always try to do our very best, even starting before your arrival. We love returning guests and can´t wait to have you back.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We have just returned from a weekend in beautiful Prague. The Emblem Hotel has only recently opened and it is perfect in every way. So much attention to detail, such helpful staff, A fabulous spa on the top floor and a jacuzzi on the roof terrace . It is in a fantastic location ,close to everything. A beautiful boutique hotel in the heart of Prague.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
ZuzanaSelova, Sales & Marketing Manager at The Emblem Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear AmsterdamAnn,

Thank you so much for such an exemplary review. It seems like your stay was wonderful and you tried all our facilities. Did you also know that the hotel features The Maharal, a private memebers club, to which our hotel guests have access? Stay updated for special events, their website wil be coming soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed November 10, 2013

The Emblem hotel was great. What we (two 25 yr old, well traveled young ladies) liked:
1. The nice big windows that opened it the room
2. The sweet staff
3. THE 7th FLOOR!! Amaaazzing. The entire floor is a spa at your fingertips (free of additional charge!) - a white marble wonderland of a gorgeous steam room, sauna, jacuzzi and more. The 7th floor was so perfect to go to at the end of every day to get rid of the touristy I-have-been-walking-around-standing-on-my-feet-all-day-long-for-days-on-end feeling.
4. Breakfast - lots of fresh fruit and eggs to order - quick and lovely
5. The handsome owner (manager? Not sure), Richard. So charming. So helpful. SoOo cute !!!
6. Location - perfect. But honestly - all of Prague is very walkable.

What we didn't like:
1. I ordered a GLASS of champagne at the bar downstairs that cost some ridiculous amount of crowns. I don't remember exactly how much but in the ballpark of 20-30 euros. Ridiculous.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
valtrese, Owner at The Emblem Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear Simone,
I'm so glad you had a great time over here. It's been a really arduous journey putting the whole project together and it's really wonderful and encouraging to hear that we seemingly did a good job. My mum especially will be over the moon about your experience in the spa (the spa is really her baby, the hotel is mine - although I did find and get that marble for her, so I'm glad you liked that!). It was out intention to build a kind of oasis in the heart of Prague up there and it's really lovely to hear to describe it just as we'd hoped it would feel.
I'm glad I could help you out with all the recommendations, I hope you enjoyed them. And thanks for the compliment, everyone in the office has had a great time with that one...
But seriously, sorry to hear about the champagne price, but the guys at the George do a great job (they're up to 2nd on Trip Advisor in Prague as of today!), though their prices are the same as you'd be getting in Paris or London for a comparable standard. 30 Euros for a glass of Champagne does sound excessive though, are you sure you didn't order the Cristal?
In any case, I'd love to invite you guys out for a drink to make it up to you, so if you ever find yourself back in Prague, drop me a line at richard@emblemprague.com and I hope you come and stay with us again.
Happy travels and thanks for your review!
Richard

Reviewed November 10, 2013

If you want a small boutique hotel, this is a great place to stay in Prague. The location is excellent, the staff is extremely friendly, the rooms are clean and comfortable. We didn't take advantage of the spa so cannot comment on it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
ZuzanaSelova, Sales & Marketing Manager at The Emblem Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear DebbieDesert,
Thank you for the full points review. We are happy to hear that your stay was to your liking. You should definitely try our spa if you ever decide to come back. It is complimentary and boasts one of the best views of Prague castle from our rooftop terrace.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

My wife could not have asked for better , excellent location , great room and wonderful staff , the SPA is exceptional , the bar is fun , the food at the restaurant is just ok but acceptable.the fact that you could just walk out of your room and be in the heart of the city and then come back to this Oasis for rest , WOW.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 4th floor it was large and airy.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joli1953
MatthijsPrague, Director of Sales at The Emblem Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Dear joli1953,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We always read every comments and try to improve the hotel to reach perfection.

It was great to read that you enjoyed the SPA, bar and the location of the hotel. I hope you also had the chance to visit the rooftop jacuzzi with the views of the Prague Castle?

You mentioned the food quality at the restaurant is just ok. Would you mind sharing with me more details, so that we can review these with the chef and ensure we correct this? It would be amazing if you would be able to e-mail your comments (matthijs@emblemprague.com)

Thank you again, and we hope to welcome you to The Emblem again soon.

Matt

Reviewed October 30, 2013

The stay at the hotel was very pleasant. Service was very kind and helpful and checking in and checking out was certainly a new experience as the hotel runs a reception-less concept, whereas the clerks attend you with a tablet while you sit on lobby couch. Very fast wifi.

I was lucky enough to get a room with a balcony which let me have a great view of the sunset reflecting on the astronomical clock. The hotel is brand new and very luxurious, with excellent and unexpected amenities. The overall value proposition was simply great, given the unbeatable location, the simply amazing SPA on the top floor (entrance free for all guests), and the breakfast, which just doesn't get much better than what's offered at The Emblem.

The restaurant (where the breakfast is served) was really a cherry on top of it all, as it was really an experience all by itself - during our stay we've only been to one other restaurant that could rival it. And as if all that wasn't enough, there's a bar that serves amazing cocktails (albeit slowly) and has a collection of Bourbons to rival top bars in North America.

There really was no sour spot during my whole stay, but it was noticeable that the hotel opened a few weeks before my visit and the personnel were still getting trained. Overall, I was in awe by the hotel as it was very far ahead from my initial, neutral expectations. Very highly recommended.

Room Tip: Get the balcony rooms facing the Platnerska street.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Peter P

Dear Peter,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for your stay with us here at The Emblem.

Great meeting you during your stay in October, and it is ever greater to hear your amazing feedback. It sounds like you really explored all of the amazing facilities of this hotel.

I appreciate your comments with regards to the training of the team. We continually train and retrain our team to ensure we can deliver the highest quality in hospitality. We hope to really get every detail right next time you will stay with us.

See you soon back in Prague.
Matt