“Great hotel, staff and breakfast with potatoes!”
Review of Hotel UNIC Prague

Hotel UNIC Prague
Ranked #27 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Some people will find this hotel as not great from a location perspective since it is a few blocks from the main street. However, it is a short walking distance to many attractions and next door to a small family run supermarket. Hotel has been recently redone and is great. Staff is wonderful with answers from all questions. Adrianne at the front desk answered my multitiude of questions and was of great help. Breakfast is very plentiful with many hot dishes. Rooms have A/C which was a godsend since it was very hot when we visited Prague. My family and I highly recommend the Hotel UNIC Prague.

Room Tip: We had a room on the front of the hotel but even though it faced the street, the room was quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Swiss_Zirks
Veronika K, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel UNIC Prague, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Dear „Swiss_Zirks“,
Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay in Hotel UNIC Prague. I am truly delighted you enjoyed your stay. I will definitely share your wonderful comments with the rest of the staff, especially the reception, as this will serve as an encouragement for the entire team !

I do hope we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

With my best wishes,

Veronika Kovacikova
Sales Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,758)

Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here from the 14th to the 17th of July. The hotel is very modern and has everything you require in the room from minibar,hair dryer,high speed wi-fi, air con ...etc!! The staff where very friendly and always on hand if you had a problem or even to recommend a restaurant. UNIC is a fantastic hotel!!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Great new design hotel. Quite central in the city, and yet very quiet.
We had a deluxe room with a salon and nice shower/bath combination.
Looked exactly like on their website. Quality materials, nicely decorated, really great to come "home" to after a walk in the city!
Very friendly ladies at the reception, a bit less so in the restaurant. A "good morning" doesn't cost anything, and makes all the difference when you enter the restaurant...
But it's a detail, We would come back here without hesitating!

Dear Pieter,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind feedback following your recent stay with us.
I have also taken notice of your comment regarding the breakfast staff and we will do our best to improve this service.
We look forward to welcoming you back once again in the near future.

My kindest regards,

Veronika Kováčiková

Reviewed July 2, 2014

This hotel is pretty new, with great looking facilities. However, there are no tissues in the room so bring your own if you use tissues, and when I arrived I had no soap, so I had to wash myself with shampoo in the shower. Also the deluxe room has two twin beds pushed together, so if you don't like falling down the middle and were expecting a queen or king like I was, beware.
There's no way to charge your electronics while you're out of the room, just FYI. Also, if you like the room below around 23 at night, that is tough - the ac only comes on with the key in and never seems to get below like 22 even when set to 18 for a couple hours (and it was like 22 and cloudy outside today). Also the towels are small and light, though there is a robe and slippers you may use.
Service in the restaurant at dinner was pretty bad also, which was weird because I was the only person there. Food was pretty good but they messed up my order.

Breakfast, however, is fantastic in every respect. And included.

All in all, I think this place could take it up a notch in service and amenities, and could definitely earn five green circles. The sinks in the bathroom are really cool, and the lighting design is great (though I turned them all off to try to get the room colder). My shower head is cracked, which seems odd but doesn't affect the shower. The bathroom smells a little like urine. I would come back, but probably only in winter.

Seriously, I would pay extra for a second key just to cool the room down, and charge electronics while I'm away. But mostly to make it colder.

Room Tip: Check for soap before showering, byo tissues
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank A L
Veronika K, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel UNIC Prague, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Dear Al,

Thank you for your review and please accept our apology for the inconveniences during your stay with us.

I am sorry for missing tissues and soap. According to bed issue, some of our deluxe rooms are with 2 mattresses and some with one big mattress. Our reception is always happy to arrange a double bed with one big mattress on request and provide a second key. I am very sorry for problems with A/C, t. We are working on the best solution. Our Restaurant Manager would like to apologize for waiters’ behavior. She will plan additional trainings for all of them. I am also very sorry for smell in your bathroom.

So hopefully on your next stay with us you will notice our improvements.

Best regards.

Veronika Kováčiková

Reviewed July 1, 2014

We stayed in June 2014 for two nights in the hotel. We booked last minute, so the price-quality-ratio was just perfect. The room is nice and quiet, the bathroom is modern and clean (with rain shower in the bath). There are a lot of international channels on tv. The location is good, it takes 5-8 minutes walk to "the clock". We booked a private parking place in the basement (the car lift is not the biggest)´, but it is very expensive (€ 30 / night). There are public parking places on the street - it looked safe, maybe it is an option to park there.
And the breakfast is fantastic! You can eat until 11 o´clock in the weekend. The breakfast room is nice, big and there is everywhere something to discover - in every niche you can find something yummy. The staff is friendly (at the reception as well) and always busy, they fill up everything immediately, even short before closing time. The offer is very international. Just one suggestion: it would be nice to taste something local as well.
I would recommend it everybody, we had a great time in the hotel and in beautiful Prague.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GabriellaBP
Reviewed July 1, 2014

After trawling through hundreds of hotels on Trip Advisor,this hotel came out very well.So we booked it and we were glad we did
We emailed the hotel asking for a quiet room and we got a quiet room.We also arranged for the hotel to pick us up at the airport as our flight was a late night arrival,and the driver was waiting for us and was a very nice car
The staff were all young and very helpful,friendly and knowledgeable.
The hotel was on a very quiet side street.There were a couple of shops on the street where you could get drinks,food,snacks etc and restaurants,cafes and bars within walking distance.The tourist part of Prague was about a 15minute walk away.
The hotel was brand new and finished to a high standard.It was a strange mix of minimalist and ornate with a mixture of white with either lime green,orange or purple.But it worked.
Breakfast was included,with the usual european buffet of meats and cheeses fruits cereals.which was sufficient.There were a few hot dishes,but during our 3 days there,they were always cold.That was the only bad point we found at this hotel and we would definitely recommend it

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tomcat118
Reviewed July 1, 2014

my wife and me stayed in this 4* hotel from 26th to 29th of June; a really pleasant experience!
Hotel can be reached from the airport with a bus+tram, very close to both stops. It is new and very clean. just 10 minutes walk to the 'Old Town Square', and 2-3 minutes walk to shopping center. Reasonable price for the room and also for food/room service (nice Czech cuisine). Space-efficient room with perfect air-conditioning, very good quality bedding and ultra-clean bathroom. The best thing was the breakfast; really various and fresh! Wi-Fi was better than any other hotel I had been! the only thing I may complain about if I want to get fussy: we had not sunshine and a great view of the room window! not to forget that the hotel's young staff were very kind and helpful! we would really recommend here!

Room Tip: I would choose a room on the exterior face of the building!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple