“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #35 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Bucharest, Romania
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

It is a really great hotel situated at approx 5 min walk from the old town center. The first impression is that you have arrived home, at least that was my feeling. The design of the rooms is quiet different from a regular hotel room, that are pretty impersonal, and offers a " cozy" atmosphere. Everything was clean and the bathroom perfect and big. The bed was so comfortable, one of the best I have ever slept in. Also the breakfast was more than expected with a good variety of choices and what I find really nice with fresh fruits.
The staff smiling and helpful.
Overall it was a great experience and I would definitely choose it again when in Prague.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dianamanea

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

This was my 2nd hotel during my stay in Prague after a horrible experience at another hotel. When I walked in I was greeted by Thereza at the front desk that handled my last minute reservation. They upgraded me to a suite without me having to ask. The front desk staff are excellent. When we walked into the suite I was in awe. It was huge and decorated very hip and stylish. My room was decorated in various shades of grey and deep purple. We had an entry way room with a fridge and closet space galore. The separate living room had 2 sofas and 2 tables and a flat screen tv. (The tv has internet access and ability to watch YouTube videos!) The bedroom was also huge with a king size bed that was so comfy and excellent huge down pillows. (I'm super fussy when it comes to bedding & mattresses). The bathroom was spacious with separate toilet room with door. It also had a rainfall walk in shower with handheld sprayer and a huge soaking bathtub. The room was complete with bathrobes, slippers and nice toiletries. Breakfast was awesome! Both hot and cold choices as well as pastries. There was also a cutting station for prosciutto and panini press as well as large selection of breads. I loved the employees who were ever so helpful with any request. Their customer service is on par with a 5 star hotel.
The metro is a short walk away. You can walk to old town in under 10 mins. The street has a few nice restaurants and a coffee shop with killer coffee. There is also a mini market next door for drinks etc.
I will definitely stay here when I return to Prague. I highly recommend you give this brand new hotel a try!

Stayed December 2013
3 Thank Misbehaven1212
patrickcg, Director Comercial at Hotel UNIC Prague, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear “Misbehaven1212”,

Thank you very much for your lovely review. We are very delighted that you enjoyed your stay in our Junior Suite and that you were fully satisfied with our staff and services. Thank you for positive opinion, especially our receptionists were so happy to read it. They are all the time trying to do their best for our guests.

We highly appreciate your review and we are looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel.

Veronika Kovacikova, Sales Manager
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

Stayed last week for 3 nts in a superior room 510. very clean and modern and great bathroom .free wifi. Very helpful staff on reception telling us about how to get to places we wanted to visit and arranging tks for hop on hop off bus tour. Very central location . Breakfast was great plenty of choice and lovely bright airy diningroom.Would have no hesitation in recommending it to any of my friends

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank una c
Tehran, Iran
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

The hotel was newly opened. We had booked the superior room, it was very nice, clean, modern and comfortable. Sleep quality was excellent. Bathroom was also clean. Free wifi was available in the room. Breakfast was great. Location was good, only 15 minutes walk to city center.
one negative thing, was about reception, some of them was not helpful and friendly.

2 Thank Nazila N
Dear Nazila,

Thank you for choosing Hotel UNIC Prague during your stay in Prague. It is always very pleasant to receive positive feedback regarding our hotel. I am sorry to hear that our front office staff was not so helpful and friendly as usual. I personally discussed this issue with Front Office Manager, she is very sorry for that, and she ensures me, that this will not happened again.

We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in Hotel UNIC Prague.
Clane, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

Thoroughly recommend this hotel to any visitor to Prague. Handy location, within walking distance of most things- and trams nearby also. Very helpful staff, a good room with lots of storage space, excellent breakfast. Very little to complain about- except the very bright lighting in the bar restaurant area, which does not make for an inviting atmosphere and the fact we could not control the heating in the room. However, these are very small when set against the positives. If ever I was back in the city I would have no hesitation in checking-in here again.

3 Thank blaenboy1
Dear “blaenboy1”,

Thank you so much for posting your nice review following your recent stay with us at the Hotel UNIC Prague.
I have noted your comments about lightning in the restaurant. We are working on the new lighting system, so it will be possible to manage lighting better to create a right atmosphere for each occasion. I was especially concerned to read your comment about heating in the room. There is a possibility to individually control AC/heating. So I'm so sorry that you had problem with heating. We are also working on a new more user friendly manual for AC/heating control panel, so hopefully on your next stay with us you will notice the positive difference and enjoy your stay even more!

Veronika Kovacikova
Sales Manager
York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

My b/f and I visited prague on 13th-17th Nov 13 and were delighted we chose to stay at this lovely, modern hotel. The hotel is located very close to all local amenities and attractions and is a great base for exploring the city. The rooms are tastefully decorated, modern, quiet and spacious and were cleaned on a daily basis. The bar area is welcoming and I recommend the house Rose. The breakfast selection was the best I have experienced in mainland Europe with a huge selection to cater for everyone.Overall, a brilliant hotel and I would definately recommend staying there to anyone.

2 Thank JoanneLilley86
Dear Joanne,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback following your stay with us. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay in Hotel UNIC Prague. Please do come back and see us again soon.
Many thanks
Veronika Kovacikova
Sales Manager
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Great hotel very close to everything you need in Prague. No need for a taxi even if it rains you can get an umbrella from reception. Great breakfast the best baguette and patisseries I have had outside of France. It is new and everything feels new and fresh let's hope they can maintain that feel. Rang to reception for more coffee and Harry Potter could not have arrived quicker, it was more a matter of seconds than minutes. Really..so attentive they are.
Would recommend to anybody who likes good service, clean, well thought rooms that give you a fantastic sleep and a wonderful breakfast.. Have been back home 85 mins and have already planning to rebook. Don't waste your time looking for similar deals/rooms etc. This is the one you want. Pity there isn't a UNIC in every good city, it would make life a lot easier. Just book it and believe me you will enjoy.

Room Tip: If you can, book a suite for the ultimate experience. The street may look a bit shabby but a lot of...