“Superb Restaurant: Don't miss it!”

Augustine Restaurant
Ranked #207 of 5,415 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Czech, Central European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Mala Strana (Little Quarter)
Description: Augustine restaurant has quickly established a reputation for wonderful cuisine, excellent service and a relaxed and sophisticated ambiance, all combining together to ensure a truly memorable dining experience in very elegant atmosphere.The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, seven days a week.
New York City, New York
“Superb Restaurant: Don't miss it!”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I just spend Christmas' eve at this Restaurant with my family. It was so special. The service is amazing. So helpful and polite. The food was delicious. The ambience is very special. I will never forget Christmas in Prague! It is also situated in a special location. I highly recommend it. For everybody!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Graciela W

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Toronto, Canada
“Should be #1”
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Our experience at this restaurant was unbelievable. My mom had been here the year prior and one afternoon we just happened upon it again. We had planned to go another night but we were all starving - we had skipped lunch - so decided to stop in. It was just before 5 and they were setting the tables so we asked if they were open for either a late lunch or early dinner and they welcomed us in without hesitation. It wasn't until after that we realized they didn't officially open until 6pm - there was no gap in service and we never felt like we were inconveniencing them.

The restaurant itself is beautiful and the service was impeccable. White gloves, very friendly, and knowledgable about the food, the history of the building, and the area in general.

I started with the tuna tartar which was fresh and delicious, followed by a duck risotto special. Honestly, the risotto was one of the best meals I have had EVER. Delicious!! The wine paring was also wonderful (recommended by our server). We were all full after a starter and main but felt like we needed to try a dessert so had the creme brûlée trio which was, of course, delicious.

Another person in our party had the signature veal shank and said it was the best meal he's had in a long time.

We all left incredibly satisfied and I would recommend a visit to anyone in Prague. I don't know why this isn't higher rated - it deserves number one in my opinion!!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Megan S
Plant City, Florida
“Elegant & felt like I was family!!!!”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Visiting Prague and was recommended to try this resturaunt by asking one of the Locals. We are so glad we did! Everything from being greeted, seated, served until it was time to leave was absolutely wonderful! We were treated like a royal family member. The server was on a first name basis with us the whole time. The care and attention we got to assure that we were enjoying and satisfied with every moment was exceptional! Did not overdue it to take away from us enjoying and savoring the awesome flavors of the meal. Timing was superb and we enjoyed every moment!!! Highly recommend!!!!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Julie K
Chicago, Illinois
“Flawless!”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Set in the quiet and luxurious Augustine Hotel, Elegantes does not disappoint. The service is outstanding and the food quite delicious. The menu is varied enough to please any palate and the setting is simple elegance. We did not have good enough weather to enjoy the patio, but it would be a delight in good weather. It is no more expensive than other Prague restaurants of its kind, and certainly worth the trip.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank SusieVBP
Clearwater, Florida
“The best restaurant in years!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I went there with my family last Friday and we sat on their beautiful terrace. Live jazz music and grilled steaks with shrimp dinner, what a treat. We did not stay at the Augustine hotel, but the atmosphere there is wonderful. Food and service was without a flaw, at least we did not find any. Even the manager visited our table and made great wine suggestion. I suggest to all go for an aperitif to the hotel bar and sit in the garden. The bartender made us his special champagne cocktail and we loved it, especially my wife. If we ever make it back to Prague again, we will make sure we visit Elegantes again.

• Visited August 2013