“Terrible customer service”

Cafe bar Nad Certovkou
Cuisines: European, Czech, International, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mala Strana (Little Quarter)
Description: Cafe bar Nad Certovkou was opened in 2011 an is situated on the shore of Certovka river in Kampa park opposite to house of famous czech dramatists Jan Werich. It's newly reconstructed space of old gallery with preserved historic features. We can provide 70 seats for our customers, who can sit also on summer terrace. Bar is divided into two parts: smoking and non-smoking. We have also free Wi-Fi!
Redhill, United Kingdom
“Terrible customer service”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I've visited this cafe bar just yesterday with my girlfriend for coffee and pancake.
Coffee was fine, pancake not very tasty however this is not reason for complaining.
I really don´t understand approach of staff to customers. Our waiter wasn´t polite at all. He was arrogant and not nice to us. This is really wrong and I am sure that this not way have to bring guests back to their place. This visit was really big disappointment for us.

• Visited December 2013

• Czech first
  • Hungarian first
San Francisco, California
“Most romantic place in the heart of Prague!”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Excellent food, perfect ambiance, and best location all rolled into one place! Located in front of canal river by small bridge leading to the park that leads to the Palace of the Ministry of Culture. This restaurant is a must to experience. Get lucky, experience draft wine and Czeck klobasa at its best!

• Visited October 2013
Decatur, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice restaurant...But?”
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

We visited this restaurant for lunch on a cold Monday. It was 1:00pm and we were the only customers. We were told to order from an abbreviated lunch menu with small lunch type fare. This was fine with us because we were only interested in a small plate. I assume the menu posted at the door is for the evening or busier weekends. The food, beer and service were very good. My only issue was at the end of our meal we were not presented with an itemized bill. We were only told the total we owed. Since we only ordered 4 items, quick math told me that a 10% service charge had been added. This was no problem for me because I usually tip at least that and more. I just said nothing and paid the bill. The fact that I was not given a bill or verbally told that a tip had been added was questionable. Could be common practice for this restaurant or the language barrier, I won't judge, I'll let the review reader decide.

San Rafael, California
“Good burgers”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

After several hours walking in the park, we happened upon this garden cafe with outdoor seating right next to a little river and bridge. Just a few minutes walk from Charles bridge. Nice and quiet. Very good service. Good burger - Czech style - with red peppers and cucumber on it and the minced beef seemed to have onion or something in it. Overall good fare and lovely location. Inside looked pretty cool too but everyone was out when we visited.

• Visited September 2013
Prague, Hlavni Mesto Praha, Czech Republic
“Great atmosphere”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

It´s the place where you can relax and feel good. Very good situated close park nearly Karl´s bridge. There is friendly service and large space inside maybe for seventy people. On the walls are nice old photos. I was there, when was cold so I need to sit inside, bud outside is a terrace neer the river. I recommend this bar.

• Visited April 2013