“Friendly spot right in the centre”

Creperie U Kajetana
Ranked #7 of 154 Dessert in Prague
Cuisines: Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Neighborhood: Hradcany & Letna
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

This place is right on your way from the prague castle, they have lovely garden inside in case the weather is good otherwise you can sit inside, during our visite i cant say any complains about the staff to us they were very helpful, food was good for a very reasonable price. I would definitely stop by again if im visiting prague.

1  Thank dudububi

Reviewed June 5, 2013

im a big fun of crepes and i just liked that places a lot.. they offer a wide range of sweet as well as salty crepes...i had one with prosciuto ham, mozzarella cheese and tomatos ...my boyfriend had a sweet one and we both liked that very much! and they also make a fresh trdelnik - kind of check traditional sweet .. the venue is nice, in an old historial bulding, so you can feel the old times atmosphere...people are nice, speak english well...so when you go down the Prague Castle and you have taste to something sweet, you shoud stop here :-)

1  Thank verony136
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We went on this place after lunch looking for some special desert. When we asked for a slice of cake and a bottle of water, the waitress said tha she couldn't give us another fork. When asked why is that, the manager or owner said that they don't allow their costumers to share it the way we wanted, a cheap cake is for a single person. As a couple we usually share the desert, my wife doesn't eat much of it. We don't care for the price of it (didn't even asked for it). The places I go, believe that the food they serve is worth what their charge for. Apparently, in this place they believe their food is not worth of your money.

3  Thank rsuevo
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We asked for a slice of cake because we had already lunched and they didn't allow us to share it. The manager said that it was too cheap to be shared. It's definitely not a friendly place for couples or families.

1  Thank Fernanda O
Creperie_Nerudova, Owner at Creperie U Kajetana, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Let me react to your review. Generally speaking I honour the saying "customer is always right/never argue with customer" but not in this case. I want to express solidarity with personnel and put the things in a perspective. I assisted my personnel to help you meet your wishes (dividing the crepe into two pieces) and tried to bring extra fork and knife for you, but instead of waiting couple of seconds, you came to me and the waitress and started shouting at us that we were all stupid, which was very very rude especially to all customers being meantime inside (and yes, of course to us as well). So please next time (not in our creperie I know, I am not that naive) try to be patient especially when you see the restaurant is crowdy and busy and you see the staff is trying to do their best. Thank you.
František Dáňa
owner

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stumbled upon this place on our way back from Prague Castle and had to try the Trdelník, knowing it was a Czech specialty. It was *much* better than the Trdelník we had a few days later in Wencelas Square. We went back to creperie U kajetana again a few days later for breakfast and had crepes that were also quite good.

3  Thank PITgrl