Hostel Santini Prague
$284
$232
Preferred Hotels
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfree breakfastbed dormfree sandwichgreat locationcharles bridgeunesco sitesecure lockersold towncommon roomhistorical buildinglesser towna lot of noiserooms are bigtea and coffeechecking inmin walkmain attractions
Reviewed October 12, 2013

The hostel is amazing . I just stayed here for four nights, and I enjoyed my stay very much. The location is unbeatable. The hostel is right under the palace, maybe 3-4 min away waking. It is also 5-6 min away from the Charles Bridge and the Kafka Museum. The Shakespeare and Brothers (no relation to the Shakespeare and Company store in Paris) is also minutes away. The facilities are amazing. The place was a palace back in the old days. It's extremely clean, and the rooms feel like hotel rooms. Breakfast is alright. You get cereal, juice, and a sandwich (ham or egg), so you can't complain.

It's not exactly a party hostel. So for someone like me who was mostly interested in sightseeing, eating out at great restaurants, et cetera, it was perfect.

Last of all, the people who work here are awesome. Special thanks to Trent and Jill at the reception for making my stay at Santini so enjoyable.

I wouldn't go anywhere else in Prague when I visit from now on.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I have been staying at Hostel Santini for 5 nights recently and it really has been enjoyable. The location is great and in my opinion it is actually better that it's not located right in the Old Town of Prague but in the charming and atmospheric 'Lesser District'. It also gave you a good reason to walk the Charles Bridge a couple of times a day. It is clean, tidy, very nicely decorated and all the staff is extremely helpful and friendly. I cannot give the sleep quality and rooms a 5 out of 5 score simply because I staid in a 8 bed dorm. It's just what you expect when you go hostelling and it can be a hell of a lot worse. The price is quite okay. You definately get what you pay for and maybe even a bit more. The only thing for improvement in my opinion would be some more variety in breakfast options. Not all people like to eat cereals for breakfast. Though you always can get a sandwich every morning. Anyway, regardless of this minor thing it was a great time staying in Hostel Santini and if I ever go to Prague solo again and I'm feeling young enough then I will pay another visit to Santini.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

The service at the hostel is great. It is placed in a UNESCO protected building, which is a converted 5* hotel, as the ceilings are painted and incredibly beautiful. As it is an ex top grade hotel, the bathrooms, rooms are top quality. The service is great. Laundry wasn't brilliant as it takes 24 hours and clothes came back slightly damp. Also the location is about 10 walk outside the main 'hub' as it is near the castle. But it really isn't that much of an issue. For the price. Perfect.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This hostel was the best value for money out of all the hostels we stayed at in Europe. Travelling for two weeks, we only had one night in Prague and after great reviews we chose Hostel Santini. For a start, this was hardly a hostel, the stunning building felt like a luxurious hotel and we almost felt dirty walking into this immaculately clean and beautiful building. Nothing was too much trouble for the friendly receptionist who told us where to go and what to do in the short amount of time we had in Prague. We stayed in a 5 bed dorm and couldn't have wished for a nicer room. The beds were extremely comfy, sheets immaculate and bathroom was modern with a shower better than mine at home! (As the only female in our group of travellers I appreciated these amenities.) The overall feel of the place was expensive yet the price wasn't. The hostel was right in the centre of Prague and even provided a simple continental breakfast. There is a comfy lounge area next to the reception which has a lovely traditional feel and you can sit and use free Internet access. It was no trouble to leave our bags at the hostel on check out morning so we could spend the day in Prague. I would definitely come back here and would recommend the hostel for travellers, couples even families because of how welcoming and safe it was.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Would recommend this one million per cent! The building was beautiful, and in a prime location! Would definitely go back again! The staff are extremely friendly and the building is spectacularly clean

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends