“Great Show, Very Good 3 Course Menu!”
Review of Mozart Dinner

Mozart Concert and Dinner in Prague
Ranked #6 of 141 Concerts & Shows in Prague
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: YOUR PRIVATE OPERA THEATER IN PRAGUE - Excellent Opera Singers, Historically Protected Hall in the Heart of Prague,Exceptional Cuisine.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 19, 2014

After a very hot day in Prague we decided to visit Mozart Dinner that has such good reviews on TripAdvisor and we also hoped to get a little bit colder :) Both met our expectations! The event is really great – starting from the show through the dinner and the historicall hall. Also the service was very nice and helpful. The hall is 2 floors under the ground, so the temperature was naturally very pleasant (I think there is no air conditioning). We recommend this event very much! Also when the temperature is below the 30 degrees :)

2  Thank Cami M
Slavka D, Owner at Mozart Dinner, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Dear Cami,

thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I am glad to hear that Boccaccio Hall worked as perfect refuge from the heat, :) but mainly that it satisfied your appetite for food, architecture and the music.

We are happy to read we met your expectations and look forward to your next visit.

Thank you!
Best regards from Prague

Reviewed July 14, 2014

The music was very good. Service was disappointing -- one waiter was downright disrespectful. We were at a table for 8 and it seemed there were two classes of service with the tables with two individuals getting much better service. We were forgotten a few times and had to remind the servers to bring us the next course. Apple strudel was excellent, but the main course left a lot to be desired. The vegetarian main course was awful -- tasted like something that had been prepared and frozen, then thawed in a microwave. I wouldn't do this again.

2  Thank Beth P

Dear Beth,

Thank you for your time to write your feedback. I very much regret to read that you felt you and your party were not treated same level as other guests. I must say it is not the case at our events; quite opposite we treat all our guests’ equally important. Actually, the way that tables are served at Mozart Dinner, starting from the first rows in the category with tables for two and continuing with larger tables in the back, is the standard way of serving at gala dinners.

I would like to also evoke that all the food served in Grandhotel Bohemia is fresh, including all ingredients included in the vegetarian menu were freshly cooked that evening. I would like to encourage you and other quests, to give any similar feedback directly on site to the manager or our hostess, and we can assure you we will do our best to satisfy our guest wishes.

Eventually, I am glad you found the apple strudel tasty and that you enjoyed the performance.

Thank you again for your time.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Prague is a beautiful city and we’ve always wanted to experience the most of it during our 5 day stay. We’ve stayed in Grand Hotel Bohemia, where they offered us Mozart Dinner and also showed us the ballroom where the event takes the place. The ballroom was so beautiful, that we’ve decided to reserve 2 seats. The whole event was very well organized and we’ve enjoyed it very much. Everything, the show, the singers and the musicians, were excellent!

5  Thank Agnieszka A

Dear Agnieszka,

thank you for your time to write share your experience.

I am happy that recommendation from the hotel concierge was a good one for you and that you enjoyed your evening at Mozart Dinner. Thank you for the words of excellence and we will be looking forward to your next visit :).

Reviewed July 6, 2014

This evening was planned to be a special event, a day after my brother got married. We were a party of 7. The tickets were bought a week in advance through Via Musica.It was also stated that 1 of the 7 meals was vegetarian. When we came to the Boccaccio Hall, our name was not on the list. Then we were assigned a table, which the waiters saw as a vegetarian table (instead of one veg. meal). There are no waiters that serve you- all the waiters serve everybody, therefore every request had to be repeated a few times, because some didn't remember it, some didn't understand, and some remembered it wrong. Everything takes such a long time! Then it turned out that there was an option of a drinks package that no one mentioned and it was impossible to purchase it on the spot. The food was less than average. My vegetarian meal (especially the main course) was simply not worth it. Plain, insipid- don't know what exactly we paid for. When the music started, the waiters were taking loudly in the back, even after we specifically asked them to refrain from it, and during the last set of music they started grinding coffee or something during the aria. If that wasn't enough they started taking beverages to the tables during the performance time.
The musicians were great The baritone is super talented. The soprano was good too, even though she didn't hit
a few notes. The ensemble - good musicians.

So after all, it was a nice idea in the beginning, but I would prefer listening to these guys somewhere else. The service and then the food were simply a disappointment. Even after all that, when we shared about our experience, we were told that they (the maiters) are sorry, but nothing else. No compensations. No nothing.

2  Thank Deenatheguide

Dear Den,

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry that your special evening did not work out as you imagined and that it was our fault for which I very much apologize. This was one of the days that things just go wrong. Firstly, your tickets were purchased physically in one of our sales channels branch office and we were not notified only till very last moment. This is not to make an excuse but to explain that we have taken correction actions for similar situation not to repeat.

The misunderstanding with the whole vegetarian table vs. 1 vegetarian meal has to do with it as well. As for the vegetarian meal itself, it is purely vegan alternative that we serve and based on recent feedback we will be diversifying vegetarian meal with more protein and animal origin vegetarian products, and we hope this would satisfy our guests with special diet request.

The drink package options are an advantageous alternative for early buyers and indeed are available only as PRE-PAID alternative (you are able to purchase them online at our eshop) that’s why you were not offered them on site.

Grinding coffee or serving drinks is totally unacceptable once the concert starts, I can only apologize here again. This was misunderstanding between the hostess and the waiters while giving too early signal for a concert block to start, while few of the guests still did not have their coffee served.

I must say I am very sorry for such a sequence of coincidences, I can assure you that our full team puts continuous effort to have every event running smoothly and to give best possible experience to the our customers and if occasionally for some reason we are not so successful in doing so, we do try to offer some kind of compensation. Actually, we were premiering our new event at different venue that very same evening and unlike other time; none of the owners were present at Mozart Dinner that day. If you do ever visit Prague again and would consider giving us chance to show we can do better, we will be happy to host you.

At last, I am honestly glad to hear that our ensemble, the musicians and mainly the singers, brought joy to your evening!

Thank you for your time to write to us.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

I was bought the Mozart dinner as a birthday present. What a great night out it was. The musical performers were excellent with a great selection of Mozart arias and music. The five musicians and two singers did brilliantly; the soprano did the difficult queen of the night aria from the magic flute very well indeed. The food was traditional Czech/Austrian fare, which was fine, although don’t expect a gastronomic experience.

2  Thank DavJo12

Dear Dav,

Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your “birthday great night out” :) and that you price both our singers, I agree they are both brilliant as you say!

I am also glad you found the meal nice, even though the Czech Austrian cuisine may not feel a gastronomic highlight to you, I am happy to read that it was a fine dinner :).
All the best for your birthday!