“best burger in prague... maybe anywhere”
Review of The Tavern Bar

The Tavern Bar
Ranked #115 of 5,821 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Czech, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Praha 2
Description: American Burgers & Cocktails, Czech Brews and Good Times! In 2010 husband and wife team Dean and Lori opened The Tavern, the first bar & restaurant of its kind in the Czech Republic for fans of classic American diner-style burgers, cocktails and a great selection of Czech craft brews all served up by the friendliest staff in town! Choose from our menu of mouth-watering, sizzling fresh-grilled 100% chuck burgers dripping with cheese and homemade sauces on our own toasted butter-buns, or try the crispy buttermilk-brined Southern Fried Chicken Sandwich, our award-winning BBQ Smoked Pulled Pork,* or zesty Chili-Cheddar Fries – but be sure to save room for Lori’s Bourbon Pecan Pie or a slice of Salted Caramel Vanilla Cheesecake! At both The Tavern and our sister restaurant U Kurelu, we offer creative and classic American bar fare and welcome everyone into lively, fun neighborhood joints filled with crankin’ tunes and smiling folks. Please swing by for some delicious food and drinks and share some good times with friends! Come hungry, leave happy and y’all come back now! Ya hear? *1ST Place Pulled Pork International, Jack Daniel’s World Championship Invitational Barbecue 2016, Lynchburg, TN.
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Tavern's bacon cheeseburger is a hangover killer. Done. Bye. Gone. A nap in the park across the street after is always nice on a sunny day. Only negative comment is that they have no phone for to go orders : (

Reviewed August 10, 2014

This place is really worth the trip. The burger was mouth watering. It you are like me and do not like to see a lot of red, ask for it to be cooked longer, I saw it on the menu after I ordered. I still ate it, it was that good. I wouldn't recommend the chili cheese fries, it looked better than it tasted. We still ate it all it was okay. Go there for the burger though, yummy

1  Thank Akehurs
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

This place had really nice food and great cocktails. Staff were very friendly although service was a wee bit slow but we didn't mind as it was worth the wait. I recommend giving this place a try.

2  Thank Kirsty G
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Before I start this review I should explain, my name is Japanista and I am a burger addict... So hearing about the Tavern I had to check it out. The journey up to Ziscov was simple and after a pleasant walk off the tram we found The Tavern. It was a Wednesday lunch time and although the terrace outside was busy indoors there was plenty of seats. We ordered 2 burgers and a pulled pork fries, also tried some raspberry lemonade and my husband had a beer. The food arrived hot, juicy and the quality of the beef was amazing. Best burger I have had outside the USA (I am from England so a burger of this quality is sadly rear in my neck of the woods). You could taste all elements were home made and the ranch sauce was the best I have ever had.
Final word must go to the staff, a young guy with very blue eyes served us, he was an incredible, helpful host, told us in detail about local craft beer and suggested we explore the neighbourhood as we are into alternative / small local design shops. His recommendations led us to buy new trainers and spend on vinyls. I am writing this while still in Prague and we plan to return for another burger before we leave. This time I'm making it a double patty .....

3  Thank Japanista
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

Nice place to go but expected a bit more after reading the great reviews. The burgers are very tasty but nothing too special. The fries were rather dry. The staff was however very friendly. I would still recommend this place.