“An interesting concept”

Cuisines: Mexican, Czech
Good for: Local cuisine
Neighborhood: Praha 7
Reviewed October 9, 2013

The 7 Tacos Steak and Grill is to be found within the Plaza Alta Hotel and acts as the hotel's restaurant for breakfast. But it is an odd concept - a Mexican/Czech restaurant!
Having nothing better to do, I "went Mexican" and, whilst I wouldn't agree with others and say it was "disappointing", I think that it was a little under-seasoned in the spice-department, a fault that could not be remedied by the pepper sauce to be found on each table. The Aztec soup was a decent starter, with some spice, but the chilli con carne was a little too watery and definitely missing a chilli kick.
The beer, to accompany the meal, could not be faulted, however; neither could the overall price - which was very reasonable.
So - a mixed bag. I'd be tempted to try their Czech specialities, but time will tell...

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Good beer and a good gathering space for meeting with friends/family, good Czech food, disappointing Mexican food

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed at the Plaza Alta hotel attached to this restaurant so ate here several times during our week-long holiday in Prague. Very good but not worth stating so far out of the city centre for, as it became rather boring after a couple of visits. We would have gone elsewhere but there is nowhere else locally open in the evening as far as we could tell. But then restaurants in the Czech Republic don't really announce there presence very well! As we were tired we couldn't be bothered to go back into the city for our evening meal. It was nice though and fairly priced so give it a go if you are in the area. Otherwise eat in the city where there is much more choice.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I had a great traditional meal there, and my friend had Mexican. And they were both good. It's a cool place and I certainly didn't expect it to be so good.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food was awesome and the staff was extremely courteous. The prices are very reasonable. They served us even after restaurant hours on one occasion. I liked the decor of the place. The staff speak English and are very jovial.