“Proper Czech Food and Beer in the heart of tourist town”
Review of U Tri Ruzi

U Tri Ruzi
Ranked #158 of 5,781 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Czech
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Description: The brewery and restaurant U Tri ruzi in Prague is situated in the historical center on Husova street close to the famous Charles Bridge and Old Town Square. Right after your entering the feeling of the unique atmosphere of an Old-Prague brewery will overcome you. The feeling is intensified by wall-paintings by artists Jiri Bernard and Pavel Jakl who drew and painted pictures about the history of brewing in the Czech lands as the rich history of the house (the brewery U Tri ruzi).
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I found this by chance when I had visitors come to see me and wanted to experience "real czech food and beer". In the heart of tourist trap I thought that would be a struggle but then found U tri ruze.

Typical Czech dishes expertly cooked, mouth watering, and beer brewed on site - fresh and delicious. A bit more expensive than places out of the tourist areas but still reasonable and for the quality excellent.

1  Thank simonhenton
Write a ReviewReviews (3,903)

Reviewed February 28, 2013

If you like beer, you have to go and try this micro brewery for yourself, and the reward is the taste and quality of the beer.Its one of the still hidden secrets of Prague, but not for long.Its not too expensive, and the style of beer, will suit most peoples taste. I definately reccommend stopping for a refreashing beer, on the way to to other great Prague sights.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

This restaurant was just across the street from our hotel (Savic) so it was very convenient for an evening beer or a late snack. The atmosphere is pleasantly relaxed, the food more than OK, the beer excellent, the company mixed (mostly locals and a few tourists), the prices reasonable--everything you ask for on a frigid night. The ground floor is better than the first floor which can be pretty empty and depressing. We went there almost every night and always liked it. Closed at 11 p.m. when we were there. This is NOT a place for romance or a first date though.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

If you want to visit a restaurant, not far away from the city centre with cheap (but good!) beer, this is your place. The food is also delicious and goes well with the local beer. It's not another tourist trap, you have all prices in the menu. We've had svickova with dumplings and pork with beer sauce and it was delicious. Klasterni beer is also delicious! Worth to visit

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We ate here on the first night of our trip to Prague as I'd seen great reviews on TA and our hotel recommended it.

We had the wild boar with potato pancakes and it was delicious. We really enjoyed it. I don't drink beer but I did try one and tasty. After that I moved onto vodka but my partner continued with the beers!

We both had a meal and a few drinks and the bill was less than £30, which I thought was good value for the quality of food and great service.

1  Thank Leanne78_10