“Ok for a few nights only”
Review of Hotel Raffaello

Hotel Raffaello
Ranked #287 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed here in July 2013. Very impressed with the apartment which could actually sleep 4 people. The kitchenette area was very clean but no utensils ! Also no mini bar as advertised. Our apartment in the roof was extremely constantly noisy with sirens and traffic which obviously is no fault of the hotel. Breakfast was just ok. The outside sitting area at the back was not good- we renamed it "the sticky garden" because the few chairs were covered in sap from the overhanging trees. The hotel is advertised as a 10 minute walk to the square but it is a long 10 minutes - we ended up jumping into a taxi most times after a day out.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Raffaello, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
thank you for your sincere feedbacks about your stay in Hotel Raffaello.
I would like to get back to you regarding few points of your review in order to inform also our future guests.
The apartments are absoultely a great choice for a stay in Prague with the family or few people, they spacious enough and some of them have the kitchenette. The kitchen equipment must be requested at the reception according to the information which is also set in the room.
All rooms and apartments have the minibar service and it is in the form of room beverage service, which means that guest need to call the recpetion for any order and it will brought to the room within a short time.
The location of the Hotel Raffaello is pretty convenient, the distance to the Wenceslas Square is about 500 metres, just a small walk. Prague is easy accessible either by foot and by any means of transportation which are very close to the hotel.
I hope you could consider our hotel once more in the future and we will do as much as it is in our possibility to prove you our service, quality and competence.
Do not hesitate to contact us for any further inquiry or information.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had a wonderful experience at Hotel Raffaello! We arrived early, before the 2:00PM check-in and they held our bags. They also held our bags on our last day after we checked out. The front office staff was very helpful with directions and local recommendations. Our room (502) was an apartment style with 2 floors, it was clean and well equipped. There was a small kitchen that included a dorm size frig that was nice to have. The complimentary breakfast offered a variety of choices and met our needs (including the kids). It was walking distance to many local attractions. If we were to vacation in Prague again, we would choose Hotel Raffaello!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Raffaello, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear Valued Guests,
thank you for your lovely review!
I am delighted to read that we were able to please all your family.
The apartments are an excellent solution in this case and are enogh spacious for party of maximum 4 and I am glad you found it comfortable.
On behalf of all of us, we are looking forward to welcome back all your family soon to Prague.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

The Rafaello is getting repeat requests to fix things & the public relations team writes a nice note to pretend they care and then nothing gets fixed. A bottle of water, a couple of toiletries, a tv that has more than 4 stations would make a good improvement. I really think the staff do a good job trying to help but that the company is not supporting them with the resources needed. It is fairly comfortable place at a reasonable price. But this is only a place to get some sleep at, it is not a hotel to enjoy relaxing at.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 1st floor, you hear everything that goes on in the lobby
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Edi M

Dear Valued Guest,
thank you for you honest feedback.
The Hotel Raffaello has been undergoing to many improvements lately, of course it cannot happen all at once but we are all focusing in offering a better service to our guests.
I am very sorry if the standards of the hotel did not meet your expectations and requests. I would appreciate to go into details if you wish to, therefore I will leave you my contact to write me at your convenience.
We are welcoming all our guests comments and feedbacks.

Elena Sartori
Public Relations Manager

public.relations@ghotels.cz

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Just returned from a weekend in beautiful Prague and the Raffaello. Rooms were adequate, though no toiletries, just a hand soap dispenser in the shower. Breakfast was disappointing, lack of choice and ants crawling all over the food and back wall, enough to put you off. Found a distinct lack of atmosphere in the hotel, no bar or somewhere to relax after an evening out with a coffee.

But in all, good, clean (apart from ants) hotel and good location if you want to be somewhere a little quieter than the main square. A little attention to detail could make all the difference in this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Yeovil1
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Raffaello, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
thank you very much for the time dedicated in writing your feedback from your recent experience in Hotel Raffaello.
It saddens me to read that your expectations were not fulfilled and that you noticed a lack of attentiveness in the services and in the hotel atmosphere.
Regarding the mentioned issue at the breakfast, I would like to ínform you and the future guests that we have solving it and it should be fine. I really apologize for it, I already inform the housekeeping department to pay more and more attention to it most of all in this season.
Thank you very much for your comments and I hope we could have in the future a further chance to guarantee you a very plesant stay in any of the Garzotto Hotels.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

As we had already viewed this hotel on Trip Advisor we knew what to expect, and as luck would have it we had room 504 (the one with the bedroom on the galleried floor). Two bathrooms and a sofa bed downstairs. As with most foreign hotels, the only downside is no tea/coffee making facilities in the room, but that was not a problem, as we were only there to sleep. The staff were friendly, and willing to help. Breakfast was varied, with most things that you would expect for a European break, even scrambled eggs! The hotel was on the main road, not far from the tram stops, but within walking distance from Wenceslas Square, and from there walking distance to all the major sights. I would definitely recommend this hotel to able bodied people, but not necessarily to people with walking difficulties, as the lift stops mid floors, so there are always a few stairs to climb.

Room Tip: Room 504 has plenty of space, but if it's raining, you can hear the dripping from the rooftop.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Raffaello, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
thank you very much for your feedback.
I am very delighted to read about your nice experience and that we have met and exceeded your expectations.
We do have as room equipment the coffee/tea making facilities but it can be requested at the reception to our staff if you wish to have it. I am very happy you were satisfied with you choice and if our accommodation somehow contriuted to your pleasant stay in this beautiful city.
Regarding the recommendation, I thank you to make it clear once more: Hotel Raffaello has the lift but it is stopping at middle floor, which means that to reach any of your floor you need to make few steps, therefore the property is not suitable for people with serious walking difficulties.
Thank you and I wish I can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I knew this hotel from an earlier trip to Prague, and that's why I decided to come back.
Been at Raffaello with friends, we booked a suite with 2 bathrooms, 3 beds and kitchen.
The suite was really nice and big, on 2 floors.
Okay, there was no remote control for the TV but, you know, when you are in vacation in such a beautiful city you won't spend much time watching TV, so the lack of the remote control was not a problem.
We asked for a room with kitchen in order to be able to cook something, and the kitchen was there: beautiful! Yeah the kitchen... but there where no dishes, no cutlery, no pots or pans... kitchen was completely unequipped!!!
We asked 3 times at the reception for some equipment but it took us 3 days in order to get 2 rusty pots and 3 dishes (from the breakfast room).
Also the shower at the lower floor of the suite had some problems with the drainage... as the water did not flow out.
For the rest... well breakfast was not terrific, the staff was nice and kind.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Raffaello, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.
First of all let me express my pleasure in having welcome you back, the Hotel Raffaello has been changed maangement in the last years but I am very glad that you renewed your choice.
It saddens me anyway to read that we have disappointed you in this occasion in few aspectzs and I guarantee that all these will be improved staright away. Please, accept my apologies for not finidng the remoter control I have already address it to the housekeeping team in order to avoid any future inconvenience. Regarding the kitchen equipment, it can be requested as you did at the reception and again I would like to extend my apologies for the lack of promptnes of our staff. It will not happen again.
I would like to have the chance to make it up for you and if you wish to discuss this any further please contact me directly at your earliest convenience. I would also like to invite you to consider once more our Hotel for an eventual future stay, I will be more than happy to assist you personally.

Elena Sartori
Public Relations Manager
public.relations@ghotels.cz

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Hotel Raffaello in Prague the First is the great location which it is 100-150 meters from metro and tram.

Great area with many bars, restuarants and fast food (to whom like it).

Romms are good and clean. The reception person was very kind and gave good service.

The hotel was in constructions during my visit and it is make the hotel different from what it is.

Breakfast was good (for my taste).

The elevator is very weird. She stop between floors.

Free internet and computer for free use on the lobby.

Good choise for visit Prague.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank lovepraha

Dear Valued Guest,
thank you very much for choosing our Hotel Raffaello and for using your precious time to share the feedbacks about your stay with us.
I guess you were in our hotel during the winter periods, when we usually make general maintanance and improvements to the hotel. I hope there were no inconvenience to you and we could still guarantee you a pleasant stay.
I am delighted you appreciated the main services of the hotel and it makes me very happy to hear that our staff was kind and helpful. I will definetly inform them about your kind words.
Regarding the elevator, I would like to highlight that due to the historical structure of the building the elevator could only stops at middle floor.
I hope you will come to visit us again soon and I invite you to contact us directly for any future assistance.