“Nice hotel in a good location.”
Review of Hotel Raffaello

Hotel Raffaello
Ranked #284 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Dolny Kubin, Slovakia
“Nice hotel in a good location.”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We got back from a two night stay at the Raffaello Hotel in Prague. The location is at wallking distance to main historical sights. We did not need to use any kind of public transportation. The room was small but very comfy, warm and clean. There was a small TV /just few TV stations/, fridge, safety box /locked at the time of our arrival/ and wifi connection. Shower room was sufficent and kept clean. Staff were friendly and receptionist was very helpfull.
I enjoyed the breakfast. The variety of food was to my taste. I missed a restaurant open for lunch and dinner.
We realy enjoyed our stay at the Raffaello Hotel and we would recommend it to our friends.

1 Thank exronal
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Raffaello, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Mr. Kubin,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hotel Raffaello in Prague and for taking the time to post a detailed review of your recent stay.

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and for recommending our hotel to your friends.

We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Very nice hotel, clear, comfortable beds, good locality, stable internet connection.
Breakfasts wasn't so varied, but everything were really good (no tasteless food like in many other hotels).
Really good value for money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Miroslav K
Dear Mr. Miroslav,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hotel Raffaello in Prague and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. We are delighted to read that you recommending our hotel, and we do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome your return.

Once again, thank you for your comments about our breakfast, location and for choosing to spend your time with us.

Kingswood
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is a good hotel. Very nice helpful people who run it. They have good rooms, was at the top of the hotel in a large apartment. And good location, far enough away from the centre to be quiet, easy walk in, good bars just down the road. Wifi works well.

Issues were minor. Lift was out for the time I stayed there. Not an issue for me, would have been for family on fifth floor. Breakfast had the smallest cups for a cup of tea. (Coffee style). And had a great apartment, but not a saucepan or kettle in sight. (Had bought my own kettle as I always do).

Room Tip: Rooms seemed good, but apartments were far better and worth the extra. Try the Bar Rhum just roun...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Steve J
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Raffaello in Prague for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again

Belfast
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I am just recently back from a 5 night stay at this hotel. The hotel itself was nice and clean and there were no real worries. The hotel was very accessible to all of the tourist spots.

However, saying that when we arrived we requested to upgrade to an apartment from a standard double room and had to pay €15 a night extra. Even though with the money we had already paid for the standard room this meant we paid more for the apartment than the standard price of €44 a night but we didn't mind. That was until we got to the room and went to make a cup of tea and found no facilities for this in the apartment. When we phoned down to reception to ask was there a kettle we could have access to we were told there was only one and that we would have to go to reception to boil the water and carry the water up to room. I would expect a 4* hotel to have basic tea and coffee making facilities in any room never mind in an apartment room. The kitchenette in the room was more like a worktop, sink and two cooker rings ... there was nothing of benefit useless you brought all your own kitch stuff with you. Again I would expect a 4* hotel offering apartments to have the basics eg kettle, microwave and even one pot maybe.

When we paid our upgrade we were also advised that all apartments were on the 5th floor and that the lift was not working but that this would be fixed the following day. Each day went by and the lift still was not fixed and so we had to climb 112 steps every time we went to our room. This made using the kettle in the reception even less appealing. Due to this we asked at checking out time if it would be possible to get some sort of refund for the upgrade that we paid (even if it was only €5 a night) but we were just told no, there was no consideration of this at all.

The hotel also played music in the corridors all day which was very annoying as this could be heard from inside the room.

We had also asked for no house keeping during our stay due to other comments on this forum mentioning money going missing from safes but this was ignored.

The sofa in the apartment was also very uncomfortable and hard and very unclean. I became itchy every time I sat on it, I believe this is because it had not be cleaned before and so was just so dirty, so it was unfit to use.

Breakfast was also VERY poor and in fact we couldn't eat it at all.

DEFINITELY NOT A 4* HOTEL ... NEEDS TO BE DOWN GRADED TO 2*.

3 Thank UCross
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Raffaello, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Guest,
It saddens me to read your comment about your recent experience with us.
First of all, I would like to extend my apologies regarding the elevator matter: we had a problem with it for a couple of days. I am very sorry if you were given confused information about its fixing - we had not clear information as well. Our main goal was to inform all the guests and move them to the lower floors in order to limit the unconvenience. In your particular case you were explained the situation and suggested to move to the apartment in our near Hotel Tyl - two blocks from Hotel Raffaello.
Regarding the kitchen equipment, I apologize for the electric kettle, we are introducing new equipments for the guests´use and it will still need a littel time to be adapted to the safety standards. Any extra kitchen equipment could be requested at the front desk.
The same I would suggets for the music, which volume can be controlled directlky form the reception.
I hope you could address all these small issues to the staff and I am sure they would have happily try to meet all your requests.
I will then inform the housekeeping department and the recepotionstaff about your request of not having the service dutring your stay: I apologize for that and I will make sure that our guests requests will be fulfilled all the time.
I am very sorry that the previous comments influenced you, but I would like to reasure you that we never had cases of verified thefts.
Please,do not hesitate to contact me for any further clarification, I would be happy to reply to all your questions.
I would also hope to have the chance to welcome you back in our Hotel Raffaello and prove our professionalism, competence and quality.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Just got back from a four night stay at the Raffaello Hotel in Prague. The room was elegant with a lovely shower room. It was very clean and the maid came in every day. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was satisfactory - ham, scrambled egg, hardboiled egg, and mini hot dogs! Also variety of cereals, yogurts,honey and different bread and rolls. Cups were a bit too small so I think they would save on tea bags if they were bigger as I had to have about 3 cups when normally 1 is usually enough. The hotel is very close to the metro and trams and Wencleslas Square is just a short walk away. I would definately recommend the Raffaello as we had a very enjoyable stay. Only critisism would be that perhaps the decor could do with a little update.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front seemed bigger and grander than the back rooms
2 Thank Tiggs99
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Raffaello, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
thank you for your kind review.
I am very pleased you found good both the location and services. We are constantly making improvements in order to maintain a good standard of our hotel. I am very glad you appreciated the breakfast service and I will note the observations about bigger cup for a future improvement.
I am also very delighted you appreciated the housekeeping service and found your room every day fresh and clean. I will inform them about your nice appreciation, as well as the rest of the team.
On behalf of all of us, we are looking forward to welcoming you soon.
Reviewed February 8, 2013

If you are looking for a budget hotel in a highly accessible part of Prague then this is it. I was staying 4 nights in the apartment on level 5. Overall the wifi connection worked well, the breakfast was excellent and always fresh and my room was more than sufficient. While the furniture and decor are somewhat outdated they are all very clean and comfortable. I will definitely be stating there again as I just loved the place.
Used some of the services like the town car to the airport and the reception staff booking tours and I found everyone exceptionally friendly. House keeping did a wonderful job.

Room Tip: If you are travelling out of season ask if any of the apartments on level 5 are available. They are...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Raffaello, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear valued Guest,
what a lovely review!
Thank you for taking your time to post your comments regardding your recent experience with us.
I am very pleased that you have enjoyed both the apartment choice and the staff.
We would love to welcome you back soon, please do not hesitate to ncontact us for any further assistance.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I am really disappointed from a visit hotel Raffaello. It's definitely not a four-star hotel.

Room number 201 is pretty basic - bed, desk, one chair, basic TV with just 7 channels, shower and toilet. Overall room is outdated. Wifi connection is not stable. No heating overnight.

Breakfast is poor and cold in the breakfast room (no heating). They advertised that they offer hot and cold buffet breakfast. Well hot buffet is 1) scrambled eggs and 2) hot vegetables - it's everything.

But to my dissatisfaction with the standard of this hotel I must say that the receptionist were very friendly & helpful and the hotel location is good.

This hotel definitely needs improvements.
I do not want to stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank quiter
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Raffaello, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I am very sad to learn you have had a disappointed experience in our Hotel Raffaello and allow me to extend my apologies for it.
I am very sorry for the lack of heating in the room and in the breakfast room, I will investigate what happened and it is inexcusable and will definetly be addressed and handled in order to ensure this would not happen again.
I hope you would consider our Hotel Raffaello once again and do please contact me directly should you wish to discuss this further.