Hotel Raffaello
$135
$80
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewswenceslas squaremixed vegetablespavlovabetween floorsmetro stationold townthe ground floorextra pillowswithin walking distancesmall tvcold meatscity breakthree nightsnight's sleepreception staffyogurtmini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 26, 2012

The room was spacious, clean with a nice little balcony and high ceilings. I enjoyed the large windows which overlooked the back of the hotel. There were trees around my balcony and it was very private. The bathroom was large with adequate space in the shower stall. I would have loved a bathtub, but besides that it was very clean and towels were changed daily. The furniture in the building was antique and well cared for. The staff was courteous and helpful. Great location. The hotel is close to a busy tram station, which will get you anywhere in town. It was also within walking distance from the main train station and the National Museum. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms by the stairs can be a bit noisy due to guests comings and goings.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Raffaello, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear Valued Guests,
Many thanks for your gracious feedback. We were absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and we are very grateful you chose our Hotel Raffaello.
We like the idea you appreciate the quality Italian furniture of the room and we would like to meet even more your needs on your next stay by offering a room with a bathtube if it is your preference.
We pride ourselves on the service and facilities we provide our guests and this is only made possible by the great team we have at our hotel.
We are truly looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Me and my wife spent about 5 days in this hotel. What can I say? This place is not 4 stars. It hardly fights for 3. Rooms are small and not very comfortable — there is no place to sit, except the bedsand no table. The carpet is looking pretty old and walls cravefor painting too. Also rooms (and we lived in two diffrent rooms on 3rd and 4th floor) are sound-isolated pretty bad. So people at the corridor can hear you making love just as you can hear them rolling their luggage-case in the middle of the night.

But this place is located perfectly. Two minutes from a subway, Starbucks and other restaurants are just around the corner, main train station is only 15 minutes away walking by feet.

Staff is very friendly and informative. Guys speak Czech, English and Russian at least. Breakfast was just fine with a good variety of snacks. Wi-fi was working okay.

I'd recommend this place if you need a hotel just for sleep, quick breakfast and nice location.

Dear Valued Traveler,
thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor.
We are sorry if the Hotel was not fulfilling your expectations. For your information and for the future guests, please note that deluxe rooms are provided with a small seating area whilst standard rooms usually not. For more comfort we offer also the fully equipped apartments located on the top floor of the building. We always try to invite our guests, and future guests, to check the room information on our official webpage in order to have the correct information about any feature of the hotel.
We are grateful you found the hotel location very comfortable and convenient for exploring the city.
Thanks again and regards from Prague

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Got married in Prague and stayed at this hotel for the week I was here. Everything was fantastic. Location is excellent, a super short walk to the subway station but if it's a nice day the walk to the main tourist attractions isn't much longer than 15-20 minutes. There's also a Starbucks around the corner..bonus! Every staff member we came across was extremely friendly and helpful if we had any questions. The breakfast is amazing, there is something for everyone and the choices are endless. Much better than expected considering it was free. We stayed on the top floor in the 2 level apartment which was a nice treat. There was lots of natural light from the windows in the roof. Minor issues: The carpet.. there was mould in places from previous guests leaving the windows open while it was raining. Free wi-fi is good when it works..it's a bit touchy depending on where you are in the hotel. All in all, I highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking to visit this magical city :)

Room Tip: Apparently street noise level is high when you have a room facing the main street so if you're a light sleeper ask for a room on the other side.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank yvy-s

Dear Valued Guest,
first of all it was a honour to welcome you in our Hotel Raffaello for such a great and unforgettable occasion.
Thank you for the observations, we will take actions as soon as possible.
We are very delighted to hear that you had a great time in Prague and we hope we could welcome you for your future anniversaries in any of our Garzotto Hotels.
A lot of congratulations from all the Garzotto Hotels Group.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a 4 night break at the beginning of October 2012, the break was to celebrate my wife's 40th birthday, we were not disappointed, Prague is a beautiful city with lots of things to see & do, it is also very cheap compared to the UK, I would recommend the Rafaello Hotel to anyone, the hotel staff could all speak English very well so there was no problem with the language barrier, the staff were all very friendly & helpful, they booked a taxi for us back to the airport on our return home, recommended a booked a trip for us & gave us advice on the best way to get to the O2 Arena because we wanted to see an ice hockey match which we both love, the hotel is very clean & tidy & the maid service is very frequent, the room has a mini bar & the prices are very reasonable, the hotel does a continental breakfast which I thought was tasty, try the fruit yoghurt, its lovely, the hotel might not be suitable for everyone as there is a set of steps up to the main door but once up these steps there is a lift to all floors, there is a safety deposit box in the rooms as well, all in all I thought this was a good hotel with a central location & very close to the metro which is Prague's underground, I would has no hesitations in staying here again in the future.

Dear Valued Guest,
We are truly glad that you chose to stay with us for your wife's birthday and it feels like you enjoyed Prague and our Hotel Raffaello to the fullest .
We hope that you will come back and visit us and this wonderful city in the near future.
Do not hesitate to contact us for future eventual inquiries.

Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel with my partner for 4 nights when we were visiting Prague. The location is central so it is great for sight seeing. I wouldn't rate this hotel as a 4 star hotel for sure. I would say maximum 3 star. The receptionist Eva was amazing, extremely informative and helpful and she helped us find the most amazing tour. The room 102 that we got was located on the ground floor. Small size, no desk to put staff on. Worst of all no kettle with tea or coffee so whenever you wanted a tea or coffee. You had to go to the reception to request and pay for it which is unacceptable for a 4 star hotel. Breakfast was ok not amazing not massive choice but an average warm breakfast. In general I would say an average hotel but the next time we visit Prague I would stay somewhere else as I like my luxurities and I dont think its good value for money.

• Stayed: October 2012
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Raffaello, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear Valued Traveler,
thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay on Tripadvisor.
We are sorry you were not totally satisfied with your choice and we hope in the future you could consider any of our Garzotto Hotels in Prague.
Thank you for appreciating our staff, who is always very attentive and helpful. I will forward personally your compliments to Eva.
Do not hesitate to contact us for future inquiries, we are sure we could find the best solution according to your wishes and needs. The guests´satisfaction is our priority.