Hotel U Tri Bubnu
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$172
$499
$135
$80
  • Restaurant
All reviewsno liftold town squaregreat locationastronomical clocktop floorsmall breakfast roomcharles bridgeexposed beamsstay there againsmall hotelyogurtchristmas marketgreat roomczech republicincluded breakfasthotel is situatedcold meats
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Location, price, if you're going to Prague to have a balance in terms of how much time you spend outside of the hotel and in the hotel. If you intend on spending a lot of time at the hotel, book the attic suite. It's spacious and very homely and I kinda felt like I was "living" there :D On your doorstep is Old Town Square and it really is on your doorstep. Charles Bridge is 5-7 minute walk. The breakfast was actually fine; sausages, ham, cheese, tea, coffee, orange juice. This is the kind of hotel you stay in, if you want something very convenient, flexible & with a bit of character to it. There's no lift but the guy at reception is really nice, he carried my bags up the stairs (I could've done with after a few drinks also!!). There are 2 female receptionists who really and truly need to get a back office job in the civil service or something. They really do not add any value to this nice little hotel. Personally I didn't mind them, I just killed them with kindness in a really patronising way!! :D Honestly though, the owner / manager of this hotel, should really consider the number of people on here who have remarked on these seemingly very unhappy ladies - for the faint-hearted, they may not return, based only on their experience with these two receptionists. As for me, I'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: Attic suite is perfect for no noise - a lot more stairs to climb but hey at least it allows you to work off some of those beer calories!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Exceedingly disappointing. I booked what was described as a "Suite" - it was only a 3 star hotel so I was not expecting anything palatial but the room was dreadful. There should have been 2 double beds .. in fact there was 1 double and a glorified camp bed which was impossible to sleep on. The staff were not interested in helping. In addition the floor was not clean and the breakfast was possibly the worst I have ever encountered - thankfully there was a superb little bakery just a few hundred yards away where we enjoyed friendly staff, great coffee and hot chocolate and piping hot pastries! You may be tempted by the price ... best advice I can offer .. pay a little more and find another place to stay. I informed "booking.com" of the perceived false advertising of the "suite" but they were not interested and edited out all the criticism I wrote in the review.

Room Tip: Just don't bother ... go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Irene B
Reviewed December 16, 2013

This hotel has one of the best locations is Prague as it is located right next to the Old Town Square.
The hotel is more or less what can be expected of a 3-star hotel. Some of the pros and the cons:
The pros: The location is excellent as it is central and also not especially noisy. The breakfast is as you would expect. Due to the age of the hotel and the fact that many of the original features have been retained it has a degree of old world charm. Good value for the location.
The cons: One of the receptionists was very grumpy (the other one was pleasant enough though). The walls are thin so you can hear what the neighbours are doing and saying. Also, at least some of the rooms have a wooden floor which makes the echo worse. Our room was dusty and we could feel that when breathing. Definitely not recommended for astmatics - or to be charitable, maybe it was just our room. No lift.
This is still a nice enough hotel with no major flaws apart from the dustiness of the room and can be recommended as a centrally located and reasonably priced hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We stayed here in November 2013. Excellent location, we were within walking distance of all the major attractions! Staff was kind and helpful with our questions. No elevator, but our room was on the second floor so not so bad. Walls are a bit thin, could here the people above us as they came in late a few nights (they could have just been abnormally loud, as the guest after them we did not hear). Simple breakfast that was sufficient. Would recommend this hotel to others and would stay again if I ever travel back.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here as it was recommended as a good hotel. Great location and comfortable beds. Facilities needed updated as shower wasn't very good and we had a crack in our wash basin. Also, the wall tiles were grubby and needed to be cleaned.
Room was supposed to be 'superior' but it was drab. Reception staff were sour faced. I wouldn't stay here again as it's not good enough.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple