“WARNING! Fraudulent Thugs - fake fines for foreign travellers”

Mustek Metro Station
Ranked #163 of 934 things to do in Prague
Geelong
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“WARNING! Fraudulent Thugs - fake fines for foreign travellers”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

BE WARNED, THUGS ACT AS ' officials' at MUSTEK AND MUSEUM Metro stations, they try to impose FAKE 'fines' try to take your railway ticket from you, tell you it's not valid and that you have to pay a BIG fine, harass and bully you into thinking they really are officials and that you are in BIG trouble if you don't give them your rail ticket, then,when you stand up to them, tell them you know they are frauds and cheats, they try to threaten you even more by asking which country you are from, telling you to give them your passport! AND THEY HAVE up to 6 other thugs (men dressed in jeans and black leather jackets)standing nearby, and gesture towards them when you refuse to give in to them, doing their utmost to threaten and intimidate you and make you give in and give them money. They shove fake 'official ID cards in your face that make it look like they are railway officials, but they have no uniform and no other formal form of ID, simply a fake laminated card with the Czech railway logo they have copied from the Internet. Fortunately, thanks to another Tripadvisor review ( see Prague funicular review forum) , my friend and I knew about this thuggery and absolutely refused to give in to them, but if we hand't known about this, my god, these people are so threatening,intimidating, forceful...it would be very hard NOT to believe them if you didn't know about their thug activity....they are SUCH BULLIES, and keep harassing you and insisting they are officials and that you MUST give them your ticket and pay a fine.....it was only when I told the THUG woman for the third time that I was calling the police, and got my phone out, that she left me alone, but then she started on my friend, when my friend refused to show her ticket, the thug woman asked her what country she was from....in other words, the next step was to take your passport from you...then of course you have no choice but to pay them money in order to get your passport back! Unbelievable....I have travelled to USA 3 times, and Europe 4 times, and NEVER have I had such a terrible, threatening experience as this......I can't believe that this actually happened to ME! Luckily I will stand up for myself and speak out if I think or know something is wrong.....this thug woman even indicated that the 6 thug men standing by we're officials, I confronted her and said they I knew they weren't officials, and that I was calling the police. funnily enough, when I finally got my phone out to call the police, all of these so- called ' officials' (that were really just thieving THUGS) quickly disappeared up the escalator and out of the station......what a strange thing for 'officials' to do. Then, when we arrived at Museum Metro, there were at least FOUR frauds, telling unsuspecting foreign travellers that their tickets were not valid ( which of course they WERE) and that they would have to pay a fine!!!these cheats even had electronic 'ticket reading' machines.....probably not functioning, but it sure made these people look like 'officials' ....I cannot believe the lengths these FRAUDS go to to trick innocent people out of their money...one poor woman was about to hand over $700Kc ( you can buy a weeks worth of restaurant meals for that price) when I ran to her and told her NOT to give them any money, they were not officials, they are cheats and thieves... of course, this all happened at 11.15 pm, when there are NO railway officials and NO POLICE at the Railway stations. SO BE WARNED AND BE AWARE, DO NOT GIVE ANYONE YOUR RAIL TICKET, AND ESPECIALLY NOT YOUR PASSPORT! Stand up to these thugs, don't let them intimidate you and simply refuse to play their cheating, thieving,despicable game...they are COWARDS AND BULLIES!

Don't get me wrong,apart from this shocking experience, we have had a fabulous time in this beautiful city, it is well worth visitng, but tonight's frightening experience has left me feeling threatened and absolutely FURIOUS! SO BE AWARE and don't let ANYONE intimidate you into handing over your rail tickets and ESPECIALLY NOT your passport!!

Endless to say, this experience has a ZERO rating!

Visited May 2013

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“easy to get around”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Like most cities with underground transport in Europe and beyond this was a cheap,interesting and warm way to travel with no worries about language problems or directions.

Visited March 2013
Novorossiysk, Russia
469 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 290 helpful votes
“Very important station!”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Reading all reviews I'd like to say some word for this station). It's transfer to another line station and is situated in the very center of Prague - You can go up to National Prospect or Wenceslav square - so it's always full of tourists. But for people who live in Prague this station is very important, because it's only place but one where You can buy tickets for 30, 90 and 360 days!!!

Visited October 2012
Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Murmur of whizz in the Underground”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Everyday is there an hard Prague traffic from morning to evening, it not anything interresting there, beside the part of Gothique small bridge on this place. This bridge is the part of oldest Prague center, which was probably 5-8 m below present bottom... visit some underground facilities around as vinebar Zlata konvice, etc.

Visited March 2013
Prague, Czech Republic
“Just a metro station.. :)”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Nothing really special about this station. As well as the other two interchange stations it is full of people and from time to time also full of homeless.

Visited February 2013