“A TRAM RIDE TO THE TECHNICAL SIDE.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #40 of 921 things to do in Prague
Stockport, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A TRAM RIDE TO THE TECHNICAL SIDE.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

If you interests lie in Mining,astronomy,household equipment,photography,printing or transport there is something here for you.The main hall contains planes,motorbikes,cycles and trains one of which was a monster of a steam train.Motorbikes from different parts of the world were all in immaculate condition and that included the the Brit BSA (bits stuck anywhere).The display of cars was very interesting with steam cars upto modern Skoda plus an immaculate old Jaguar.My best advice to anyone wishing to visit the museum is,get off your backside and get on the number 24 tram which stops a short walk away.The service in little cafe was very good we had a very nice kidney and mushroom pie and coffee.

1 Thank Jim5591

• Turkish first
Prague, Czech Republic
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great expositions, disappointed with staff's behaviour though”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

When I was taking care of my little cousin during the weekend, I decided to take him to National Technical Museum, my favourite museum when I was his age.
And we weren't disappointed at all, the main hall with old cars, planes and motorbikes is incredible, spacious and it doesn't only contain old cars with technical details - you can also follow our Czech history while seeing the cars. The whole exposition takes pretty long to see and there is even more on higher floors - we have been there for more than 4 hours and we have covered only the cars and transport section, the TVs and the area for kids.
Kids section is great as well, not only it is interactive and funny, it tries to make the children think and solve things as well. I was surprised how modern and nice it was and I wasn't bored myself when going through the whole big room.
What disappointed me very much though, was the behaviour of the staff and customer services. I was shocked right after we entered - the line was huge and it took about 20 or 30 minutes to get a ticket (the lady was slow, the line was very chaotic) which makes waiting with a little child pretty exhausting. We also had a slight trouble with an extremely rude security guard. This made my 4h stay a lot less exciting and nice but I am sure my little 8-years-old cousin was very happy.

Visited November 2013
“The best museum in Prague”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

The best museum in Prague. Very perfect Technical article ..... Printing, foto and traffic expozícii is interesting.

Kingston, Ontario, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great way to spend a rainy day in Prague!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

I was a little hesitant to check this place out, given its dull name but was very pleasantly surprised. It was done very professionally. There were exhibits of every conceivable nature. Astronomy, mining, household appliances, transportation, etc. all documented from a historical perspective and all with an English translation. Very impressed. Spent 4 hours there and could have seen another couple of hours if time allowed.

Vermont, USA
174 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 114 helpful votes
“Well worthwhile”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

There is an excellent historic motorcycle collection, as well as cars and airplanes. I spent an afternoon here and was engrossed in the exhibits. There is also a section on espionage which I did not get into too much, as I was wearing down.

Visited October 2013