“What a treat...”

Musical Prague Private Tour
Ranked #53 of 934 things to do in Prague
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Estates Theatre is one of the most beautiful historical theatre buildings in Europe. It has been part of the National Theatre since 1920. The Opera, Drama and Ballet ensembles give repertory performances at the Estates Theatre.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator
Brisbane, Australia
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“What a treat...”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Had no idea what to expect...the architecture is delicious....awe inspiring. Thinking of those who have been where you are now....the quality of the performances...the music....I would go back any day of the week.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Prague, Czech Republic
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“world premiere of Don Giovanni”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Took place in this theatre , conducted by Mozart, who also conducted Figaro here. The National Theatre company, who perform here as well as at the National Theatre itself, is a fine company and the casts are generally good. Look out especially if Adam Plachetka, Jana Srejma Kacirkova or Katerina Jalovcova are on the night you wish to go.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank creamus
Newport Coast, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“"Don Giovanni" in it's original theatre....awesome!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

excellent production in old opera house. Not as "glitzy" as Vienna's, but excellent acoustics and sight lines. First rate (updated) production.

Visited November 2012
Saratoga, California
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Great place - but awful show”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We bought the tickets to see the place and to listen to some of Mozart operas known areas. We enjoy the place but the concert was embarrassing. The good part it was only 1 hr. The tenor had possible a nice voice 40 years ago….Unfortunately you cannot see the place without the performance.

Dorset UK
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“My First Opera - Marriage of Figaro”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I booked in the UK via the ticket website so I could get some idea of where I would be sitting in the Estate Theatre. I chose first floor balcony and had a Box. I was travelling on my own so I was delighted to find that I had the Box all to myself (usually room for 3 seats) and the plush seat was very comfortable. I had a great view of the stage AND the orchestra which I thought was absolutely brilliant. I printed the story of the M. of Figaro off the internet and took it with me so I fully understood Mozart's 'plot' in each Act. The Italian dialogue/songs were also translated into Czech and English onto a screen above the stage so that was an added bonus. I paid £31 for the ticket and it was extremely good value. The story line was funny and the music was fantastic. I even found tears coming down my cheeks at the end, the music was so beautiful. The size of the theatre meant I could see everything and feel a part of it, rather than if it was in a larger opera house (but I would welcome other views on this!).
So a big thumbs up, it was perfect, perfect, perfect, and the next one? I think Madam Butterfly would be good - but not sure where yet.

2 Thank louise_tilly1