“Outstanding Stay at The House at The Big Boot!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Prague
House at the Big Boot
Ranked #2 of 361 Prague B&B and Inns
Vienna
“Outstanding Stay at The House at The Big Boot!”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed a week-long stay at The House at The Big Boot during mid-September. This unique inn is more akin to an upscale B&B than a hotel and is located in the wonderful Mala Strana section of Prague - with close access to every site while comfortably tucked-away from the heavier-traveled tourist areas, within the quiet embassy neighborhood. Every member of the hotel staff - from management to receptionist - were exceptionally professional and helpful, making sure that my stay was a first-rate experience. Of particular note, the hotel personnel went out of their way to assist when my luggage was (temporarily) "lost" for 3 days at Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris. I was provided essential toiletries and the staff communicated daily with the airport travel office to finally locate my bag and have it delivered to my room. I honestly believe that I would not have received my luggage had it not been for their persistent work in tracking it down. I had medicine in the baggage and was quite concerned that I would be without it after a few days. As such, the management was willing to take me to a Czech doctor to address my prescription needs, if necessary. In my opinion, this service was above-and-beyond and gets very high marks in my book! The rooms at House at The Big Boot are large, quiet, and well-appointed, and the beds are exceptionally comfortable. The complimentary breakfast served every morning, is substantial - to include home-cooked eggs and omlettes to-order. They do not have an on-site restaurant for other meals, but there are many nice places to eat, nearby - and the hotel staff will happily provide recommendations for all price ranges. As this is an old, historic building, there is no central air conditioning, which may make it a bit uncomfortable for visitors during the hottest days of the summer, although portable fans are provided in each room. The rooms are equipped with efficient heat during the colder months. The hotel offers airport pick-up/drop-off and I highly recommend this service. I will most definitely stay at The House at The Big Boot during future visits to Prague!

Room Tip: Ask for the top-floor attic room, if walking 35 stairs is not a problem for you (no elevator). The...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Debi B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Exeter, Devon
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We booked this place after reading good reviews on this site and we not disappointed. This is a lovely 16th Century house in a very quiet square in the Little Quarter. Being in an area of embassies, security is tight and as a result the area is very quiet and peaceful. The host and staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the breakfast delicious!

It's perfectly situated for walking to the Castle area but still within easy reach of Charles Bridge, Old Town and the the other areas of interest. We walked everywhere without any trouble.

Highly recommended if you're planning a trip to Prague.

Room Tip: We treated ourselves to the most expensive room at the top of the building. It was lovely and full...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Heraklion, Greece
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I was privileged to stay in the House at the big Boot and I must to admit that it was one amazing experience, the place has something unique inside. The location itself is something that everybody would like to pass thru and live thru and by being accommodated in the Dum u velke boty you have everything in one package...the experience of living on Mala Strana, the nice and cozy atmosphere of the interior where after a historical walk thru Prague you are coming back to your room and you still have the feeling like you are back in "that time". if you are planning to visit the prague night life the only think you have to do on the way back is just pass thru the Carl's bridge which is beautiful and empty in the night, and you are home. The personal of the Hotel is very friendly and nice and it's a big fun with them, especially thanks to Jan who makes our mornings tasty and funny! A must be place! Love it <3

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Ivive
Middlesex, Vermont
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Prague was our last stop on a trip through Central Europe and both the city and the Big Boot more than met our expectations. Everything about the B&B was superb - the size, small. - the location,perfect for walking all over the place and even though so centrally located, mostly quiet - the aesthetics, a beautiful building, beautiful rooms, and last, but not least, the friendliness of staff and the owners. We wouldn't hesitate to stay again, if we should be so lucky to return to this magnificent and intriguing city.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank michaelk74
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My daughter and I just returned from Prague. This was my second visit to this fantastic city and I was a little nervous about staying on the castle side of the bridge. I needn't have worried! I would never stay anywhere else. We loved walking back over the bridge at night and entering the little quarter. Our room was charming as were Jan, his younger son and Zuzana. I would definitely choose the big boot again as it would seem you were visiting old friends! Thank you for a wonderful wonderful time!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We had a great time in Prague a beautiful and interesting city. One reason was this wonderful B&B. I second the other 5 star reviewers, they've said it all and I totally agree. We want to especially thank Jan, his family and staff for making our stay so pleasant.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank oldcpa
West Kelowna, BC
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Within the first five minutes of our arrival, we knew we had chosen the right place as our home base from which to explore Prague during our ten day stay. We were settled at a table with refreshments and given a clear orientation to where we were in relation to the various major sites of the city on a detailed one page map. There were recommendation for a variety of restaurants for many types of food, and other wise words to help our stay be informed and enjoyable.

Our room was spacious and homey, incredibly clean, and filled with original artwork, like the rest of the hotel. The hotel is just that little bit out of the main tourist congestion, but with perfect access to both sides of the river whether you choose to walk, take the trams, or wish to access the tours. It was quiet at night, and we felt safe to walk everywhere and back to our hotel.

Breakfasts were a treat, as cereals, fruits, yogurt, various breads, and the essential cheese, ham, and eggs served to order covered all the bases. The coffee and tea cups of guests were constantly filled. We enjoyed meeting other guests, some of whom had stayed before.

The relaxed and personal attention from Jan, Jacob, and all of the staff was genuine and appreciated by all the guests. We found that a conversation with Jan was a tremendous advantage, whether discussing places to see, or hearing about the city's history, old and recent. Our travel to and from the hotel was organized to suite our needs.

The Boot completely exemplifies our preference for staying in guest houses and B&B's to get a closer sense of an area and it's people. We couldn't have enjoyed our stay more!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple