“modern hotel”
Review of Apollon

Apollon
Ranked #290 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed September 22, 2010

The hotel was really nice, I think it was recently renovated (I was there in 2008). What I noticed was that they bought some of the furniture and the eating utensils from IKEA. The room was nice, modern, nice bathroom, but no mini-bar. The breakfast was ok, not great; it didn't have many types of food. The hotel was not close to the city center, but there was a tram station near by that had a tram that could take you to the city center.
Also, the hotel did not its own parking spaces, just a few parking spaces in front of the building, and since they weren't the hotel's you had to pay per hour to park your car there. If you go by car, an easy solution to this problem is to park your car a few blocks away in a free parking area ;)

Stayed: August 2008
1  Thank Dana-Popescu
There are newer reviews for Apollon

Reviewed September 1, 2010

Hotel Apollon in Prague is very modern and nice hotel. The rooms are clean and nice equiped. Staff in the hotel was very polite and helpful. I would definitely recommned this hotel because also the location is perfect. It is quiet part of Prague but close to the center, you can use the tram, tram station is near the hotel so the way to the city center takes 10 - 12 minutes. On top of it there is also night tram so you don´t have to spend money for the taxi:-)

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank SURI_2010
Reviewed July 30, 2010

Good and clean hotel with rich breakfast. Not quite in the city centre but with good public transport links that take you to all the main attractions in about 15 minutes. Also the public transport is available during the night. Staff is really helpful. Rooms are OK with TV, air-conditioning and bath or shower, no minibar. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Floppy_ro
Reviewed July 1, 2010

I was a guest of My Hotel Apolon, Prague. I stayed there for three days and I left June the 8-th, early in the morning. It was nice stay, but unfortunately finished to bad – my bag was stolen and from my credit card missed about 2200 euro. There was thief at the Hotel – my bag was stolen while I had breakfast, just before my leaving. I immediately call at the hotel, but I did not get any cooperation .Then I sent letter to the hotel describing situation and also ask the manager to inform the police about it .They answer me that in their opinion there is no evidence about the crime. That’s why I’d like to attend people who embark trip to Prague – is better pass this hotel

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rumyanauzunova
igal440, General Manager at Apollon, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2011

I really regret this unfortunate matter which occured to our guest on departure day and we feel sorry for this situation, but the important part of the story is that the bag was left unattended in public area of the restaurant while the guest was having her breakfast at the other part of the breakfast room, despite of the fact the hotel is offering free locable save box or lagguage room. So it is questionable if the hotel can be called to individual responsibility in such a situtation.
After we get the information about what happened from the guest we immediatelly checked all the records in our CCTV cameras system, we also communicated this situation with all reception and other staff of the hotel resulting we did not find any tangible prove this actually happened in our hotel during the time the guest described. We also contacted local police and representative asked for the details of the situation and after we described what happened we got the information there is not so much to do because the bag was left in public area and there was no need to use of any power to get to the bag and they can not do nothing in this case.

I can assure all our past and future guests we take any comments from our customers very seriously. We consider these comments as most valuable source of information which helps us to improve our services and learn us how to care better about our customers. We took in to consideration all security issues related to this unfortunate situation, despite of the fact there is no certainty that actually happened in our hotel and within very short time we introduced new security actions in order to prevent any opportunities for criminal cases to happened in the hotel.

We believe anybody who decides to visit our hotel will be satisfied with all our services and find the hotel as the right place to come during the trip to Prague

Reviewed February 11, 2010

minimalist, but clean, comfortable, and the staffs are quite helpful

Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FikeAprilia
Reviewed January 12, 2010

A bit further out of town than the central hotels, but I see this as an advantage if you would like to see the city aside from the usual tourist attractions and like to use public transport. The hotel was very comfortable and affordable.

Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JakeSmart
Reviewed November 13, 2009

- designed and clean hotel with nice facilities
- comfortable spacious rooms
- good breakfest buffet
- cheap price
- relative far from city center
- tram stop "Vapenka" about 100 metres from hotel
- Trams - number 1 - goes to Palmovka, Vltavska, Malostranska
- number 9 - goes to main station (Hlavni nadrazi), Wenzelsquare (Vaclavske namesti),
Andel
- number 16 - goes to Flora, I.P.Pavlova
- also bus 133 from station "Ohrada" can be used for going to city center - Old town or to bus
terminal Florenc