“Fabulous!”

Ranked #59 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Santa Clarita, California
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the Hotel Leonardo and we loved every minute of it! The location can't be beat and staff is terrific. We booked a car to pick us up at the airport....I was coming from Los Angeles by way of Frankfurt and my daughter was coming from Rome after concluding her summer program. My in bound flight was delayed and I missed my connection and my daughters flight was delayed. Since I didn't have a cell phone, I sent a quick email from the Frankfurt airport as I was running to catch the nest flight telling Tomas Nesvorny, the manager, about the snafu. When I landed, the driver waited at the terminal even though we were late, connected with my daughter who arrived before me and both were waiting for me as I exited the terminal. After 12+ hrs traveling, I was so relieved I almost cried! To top it off, when we arrived at the hotel, our room was upgraded!

The breakfast was fantastic (I'm still dreaming of the warm chocolate croissants!) and the front desk staff were warm, helpful, and friendly. Krystyna at the front desk was even kind enough to help me book train tickets to our next stop. I can't think of anything to improve our experience!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
TomasNesvorny, General Manager at Hotel Leonardo Prague, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Courtney M, thank you for your kind words about our service. I am thrilled to hear we did make your stay in Prague so great, especially after traveling all the way from the other side of the planet. As things happen, we always try to adjust our pick up service and this time even though it was a lot of action, it worked out fine. We always suggest for our guest to book us directly over our website as we have a guest services manager who tries to reach out to all guest who booked us directly ahead to find out all preferences and special things we can help with. Once again, thank you for coming and hope you made it home safe and had fun with your daughter!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Rome, Italy
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Easy walk to all main Prague spots. Breakfast is outstanding for quality, variety and quantity. Rooms are typical small as usual in Europe and few things require more maintenance attention. Staff kind and available.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and your feedback. We are located in a historical building and as such all our rooms are very different. Some are smaller then others, but overall I would say we have fairly large rooms, especially our Superior rooms and Junior Suites. We have several programs in place in terms of preventive maintenance and I am sorry to hear that overall you did not feel it was 100% as this Year we exchanged so many things and just now for example finishing changing new showers in the hotels as well. We hope to welcome you back!
Reviewed July 2, 2014

This was our first time at Hotel Leonardo. We went on the recommendation of a friend. The hotel is lovely. The location is perfect for getting to all of the main attractions. We spent a lot of time in the courtyard area and ate at the restaurant there (which was delicious). The service was excellent. We used the front desk to arrange car service from the train station and to the airport. The drivers were on time and very courteous. The front desk also arranged a Jazz boat tour for us, which was a lot of fun. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
TomasNesvorny, General Manager at Hotel Leonardo Prague, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Thank you very much for your praise of Hotel Leonardo. We are very happy to hear you did enjoy your stay with us this much here in Prague and hope to welcome you back one day. It is great to know you liked our staff most importantly as well our drivers for the airport pick ups.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stayed at the Leonardo - beautiful room with a view of the castle. The location is perfect, the restaurant had delicious entrees and a potato soup from heaven. Would stay there again with no hesitations. Right next door is the R.M. Rilke restaurant - I also had two fantastic lunches there.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank David B
Thank you very much for your praise of Hotel Leonardo. We are very happy to hear you did enjoy your stay with us this much here in Prague and hope to welcome you back one day. We are actually located very close to a few good restaurants like Maria Rilke as well the Hemingway bar on the other side of the street is just great.
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Staying at the Leonardo in Prague made our visit perfect.
Start with the driver waiting for us at the airport, then the friendly helpful and efficient check-in. Afterwards, changing our room for a better one without any problem.
The hotel is located within a short walking distance to all the main atractions.
The rooms are nice and clean and the staff are helpfull and full of information about the city and it`s many options.
Last but not least, the food was good both breakfast (every day) and the dinner we`ve tried once, and you could also have your meal outside in a nice patio.
I`m going to recomend this hotel to everyone who is planing a trip to prague.

Room Tip: All the rooms are airconditioned, but I prefer a room with a window that actually opens.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Munich, Germany
Reviewed June 29, 2014

This was my second stay in Prague and this hotel is ideally situated to explore. Actually you could stay within about 250m of the hotel and see good bars, restaurants and the river, but we also easily walked to Petrin Hill, over the Charles Bridge to Kampa Park, up to the Jewish Cemetery etc. Hemingways Bar is literally just steps from the hotel.

We had asked for a courtyard room upon booking, but this could not be accommodated. We spend the first night in a room facing the river and it was quite noisy in the morning - more just because of the trams. However the hotel were good and found us another quieter room for our second and third nights and moved our bags for us. The rooms we had were clean, with decent bathrooms, although not particularly special in their decoration or amenities.

We had arranged for the hotel car to pick us up from the airport and we had a delay due to baggage delays, but this was no problem at all. The driver even contacted the hotel for us on the way in as it was quite late - and we were able to order BLTs from the kitchen - which turned out to be great. We ate in the courtyard which was nice for breakfast too.

So overall, a great location and decent staff, a pretty good place to stay for a few days in Prague.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper - get an inwards facing room!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind review of our hotel in Prague. We are happy to hear you did enjoy your stay and that we were able to accommodate all your requests. It is possible that for light sleepers these few rooms we have facing the River might be bothering and we always suggest to book us directly over our website and let us know any special preferences guests might have so we can accommodate them. We hope to welcome you back during your next trip to Prague!
Paris, France
Reviewed June 27, 2014

First visit in Prague. Very good place to stay. Nice hotel and very kind people. Only 2 inconveniences: room at the 4th floor are mansard-roofed and so have little spyhole. But the room is very nice and clean.We asked to change and the hotel made his best to move us on the next day. Also, 1 bad experience was the hotel restaurant.
But we clearly will get back with pleasure to this hotel where we found nice peolple, nice hotel very well situation... I can't say how glad I was to be there!

Room Tip: maybe avoid under roof rooms
1 Thank simon b
TomasNesvorny, General Manager at Hotel Leonardo Prague, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Thank you for your kind feedback about our hotel in Prague. I am glad to hear you did enjoy your stay with us and sorry to hear you stay was not perfect. I did send you a private message to find out what went wrong in the restaurant. As we are located located in a historical building, we have many different rooms and we always try to accommodate guests based on their preferences, especially if we know them in advance and we always suggest to all guests to book with us directly over our website as this way we have a direct link to all reservation details. We hope to welcome you back shall your travel bring you back to Prague.