“excellent location, friendly staff good value”

Hotel Leonardo Prague
Ranked #58 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed February 27, 2014

excellent location, friendly staff good value; centrally located and close to everything. Rooms are big and well lit, very god free breakfast, excellent wifi; excellent car service by MG Limousine serice

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
TomasNesvorny, General Manager at Hotel Leonardo Prague, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

I am thrilled to hear you had such a great stay with us in Prague at our boutique Hotel Leonardo and that you loved our new WIFI that we installed last Year. I am travel extensively myself and agree that in 2014 great WIFI is something very important and this is why I made sure we have a truly great one. Also very happy to hear you enjoyed your tour to Karlovy Vary with our limousine service. Hope to see you back!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,431)

Reviewed February 26, 2014

The hotel is not fancy, rooms are quite small, but everything is working. The location is outstanding with walking distance to everywhere. Breakfast is good, but on weekends it was hard to find a table.

Room Tip: take windows to the yard otherwise it is noisy from late tourists
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for staying with us and your feedback about the hotel. We have many different room types as well as we are located in a historical building, the size and charm of our rooms can vary quite a bit. I am happy you did enjoy your stay with us in Prague.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Excellent hotel, friendly staff, perfect location....the ideal hotel for us for a long weekend stay in Prague. This hotel is within walking distance of the 10 top places to see in Prague. I even had a nice surprise, a complimentary 1/2 bottle of Champagne for my birthday.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
TomasNesvorny, General Manager at Hotel Leonardo Prague, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear Dave, I am thrilled you had such a great time with us in Prague at Hotel Leonardo. We do try to surprise our guests for their birthdays the same way, we would want to be surprised ourselves and I am glad we could make your stay in Prague with us special. All the best from Prague again!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Hotel Leonardo is a wonderful place to stay if you're visiting Prague. Excellent staff, comfortable accommodation, wonderful food and superb location by the river.
Only niggle was music played in the inner courtyard from 7am in the morning - not good if have a room overlooking the courtyard!!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade and get one overlooking the river if possible. Part of the hotel still being refu...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

I am thrilled to hear you had such a great stay with us in Prague at our boutique Hotel Leonardo.
We already fixed the problem with the music on the courtyard and also we will exchange all windows into the courtyard to avoid this issue in the next month. As you noted, we constantly work on improving the hotel and exchanged various carpets, furniture and other things that our guest are telling us. We have new sofas coming as well now in March to ensure all triple rooms have fantastic beds even for the 3rd bed. We always offer best available rates through our own booking engine on our website and our guest services manager is also contacting guests prior to arrival to ensure a great stay in Prague.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Leonardo for two nights this week while on a solo business trip. I arrived prior to my room being ready so enjoyed a delicious lunch in the restaurant - just as I finished, a member of staff came to find me to inform me that the room was ready and everything was arranged. All members of staff speak excellent English and on several occasions I heard other languages spoken as well. The hotel is immaculate and so beautifully decorated - sophisticated, arty, and yet comfortable and homely all in one. My room was a Classic room, still furnished to a high standard with all the facilities I needed. Although milk is not provided as standard with the tea/coffee etc, on mentioning this at Reception I was immediately given a mug full of fresh milk to put in the fridge in the room.
Sadly I did not give myself enough time to enjoy the full delights of the excellent breakfast buffet, as I had a taxi booked to my business meeting (kindly booked by Reception) and so made it a quick visit - but even so I had time to see the vast array of choices available. On my second morning I did have some more time (just a little!) and managed a bit more than toast on the go!
As I discovered a fellow conference colleague was staying at the hotel, we enjoyed drinks at the bar and on my second night, a full meal. Portions are very generous and the food is excellent quality - my ravioli was delicious and as for the chocolate mousse... well, prepare yourself for chocolate heaven! If you expect a small bowl of mousse, think again as you will not be prepared for the culinary artistic delight which appears before you.
My room was beautifully quiet and extremely comfortable, both in terms of furniture and temperature. The bathroom was sparkling and good quality washing products are supplied. My room had a little 'hallway' just inside the main door, offering a large wardrobe (containing a safe) thus providing a nice dressing room area for privacy should it be needed as the door to the main bedroom can be shut and access to the bathroom allowed.
It was extremely helpful to be able to log into the wifi (at no extra cost, some UK hotels please take note) and access my emails and internet, with no connection problems - indeed, it was very fast.
My only problem was that I was not able to stay longer! I did have a little time to walk around the incredibly beautiful city - within moments of the hotel - but the nature of my visit meant I could not spend much time enjoying the sights during daylight hours!
I hope to return to Prague for a pleasure visit with my partner, and will undoubtedly be aiming to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank northwalesSLJ

I am thrilled to hear we did deliver such a fantastic service to you and your conference while in Prague. If you coming back, please please let us know in advance so we can take fantastic care of you again. We always offer best available rates through our own booking engine on our website and our guest services manager is also contacting guests prior to arrival to ensure a great stay in Prague.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

The hotel staff were more than helpful, they all spoke good English and the majority spoke additional languages. The hotel was very well maintained and extremely clean. All rooms had individual heating/air con so the temperature can be set what ever your needs. We opted for a duplex room with a castle view and it was worth ever penny. Warning if your over 5"8" watch your head when coming down the stairs! we had a few bangs. The room had a every thing we needed and included a bed turn down service, chocolates and a weather card for the following day were dropped off each evening at approx 1700 hrs. Towels are changed daily if requested, bedding is a full change or on request. The free Wifi is excellent and holds a strong signal throughout the hotel.
Breakfast was included in our room fee and was a self service buffet, with unlimited visits for pastries, cereal, fruit, cheese, cold meats, full english type breakfast, tea, coffee and fruit juices. Breakfast can also be delivered to the room for an additional charge.
The bar only seems to be busy over the weekend free drink cards are available for down loading the hotel app, also if your in a VIP room, again great service in the bar and the prices reflect the norm of prague.
When paying by credit card you can opt to pay in £ or CZH. Paying in £ saves a little on the exchange rate. They also offered cheaper rates going direct, but honestly shop around, it seems to be cheaper via booking.com than direct to the hotel.
Check out is 1200, late check out is available but only confirmed on day of departure, usually free until 1400 ad for a small fee for later departures. There is secure storage which is operated on a ticket system, so only hotel staff enter.
Location is just set back from the main road 150 meters south of Charles Bridge. 5 - 10 mins from the main square.
Staff 10/10, hotel 10/10, price 10/10. Would stay there again whenever I visit Prague.
The hotel has its own taxi which is about £5 more expensive for the airport run than prague airport transfers (available to book online).

Room Tip: Duplex rooms have castle views, and no street noise.
1  Thank Rita501
TomasNesvorny, General Manager at Hotel Leonardo Prague, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Rita501, thank you so much for your lovely constructive feedback and describing our product. I have to say that Duplex Maisonette Rooms are my favorite as well. Also good to hear your WIFI was excellent as we had some issues in that area and were changing the layout of the access points so great we know now it works. This week we have also exchanged sofa beds in the maisonette castle view rooms so image how much more comfortable they are again. As you noted we have a new credit card provider and they allow what we call dynamic conversion when if you pay in your own currency that your card is issued, it guarantees you best exchange rate. I tried this myself and it really works. Also for direct bookings over our own website, we do offer small privileges like free late check out so we do invite all guests to use this privilege if they book us directly. Thank you for staying with us and all the best from sunny Prague!

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Just got back from beautiful Prague, what a lovely city! My previous visit was 25 years ago, in a totally different era. The city has transformed into a beauty with its well-restored buildings and atmosphetic cobbled streets. The stay was made even more pleasant with Leonardo hotel, which is a stone's throw from all the main attractions, a central yet quiet location. The hotel truly deserves its four stars. The room we stayed in was one of the most beautiful ever with its wooden-beamed ceiling and lots of space in every direction. Comfy beds, excellent wi-fi. The only minus was the a bit too high temperature of the room: since there were only roof windows ( couldn't be opened) there was no chance of cooling the temperature by letting in fresh air. The staff explained that the air-con was not in operation in the winter months. The fan they brought was useful. A versatile breakfast with also cooked items, you could even order an omelette to your liking!
Would really recommend Leonardo!

Room Tip: The windows can't be opened in all rooms, so if you prefer one, you should check before booking.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed the style of our boutique hotel here in Prague and the variety our rooms and the building offers. You are right, the A/C does not work in Winter month, this is normal and if it gets hot like this Winter, it is not a matter of just turning it on as it one can say sleeps for the winter. Even some of our rooms have skylights, there are still mechanisms to open windows so I am sorry to hear you could not do that. Anyhow, I am happy you had fun here with us and wish you safe travels.