“Overall great hotel in Old Town Prague...”

Hotel Leonardo Prague
Ranked #57 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Hotel Leonardo was the hotel I chose after reading many reviews. I wanted to stay in Old Town close to all the sites but with all modern amenities available. This hotel hit it out of the park. For a great price I got the 2 bedroom family suite which included a huge bed in room and 2 single beds for the kids in another area. It was impeccably clean which was great. Breakfast down in the cellar was very convenient and tasty. Their taxi service for an extra charge received us from the train station and took us to the hotel with the driver showing us the main sites from the on-set. All the tours they recommended and organized were exceptional and well worth the money spent. What was most convenient was the business area where you could do printing at no extra charge as I had to print a return train to Berlin.

The hotel is within walking distance of all the main sites. A plus is the restaurant Platina located onsite that is just amazing. Just higher up the street is a small square where there are tons of restaurants and cafes.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend to anyone travelling to Prague to stay at this hotel as it meets all expectations.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Kristal R
TomasNesvorny, General Manager at Hotel Leonardo Prague, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Thank you for your kind words and fantastic review of our boutique hotel in Prague. I am so happy to hear we delivered stellar service and you loved our family suites. I have to say they are very popular for families traveling. Thanks for your review!

Reviewed January 18, 2014

We stayed at hotel Leonardo on the most special holiday (at least for us) - Christmas. This was my 4-th trip to Prague and 3-rd time staying in this hotel. And I could most certainly say that we will be back again.
During this particular period we were accommodated in one of the Castle View Junior Suites. I was blessed enough to win a photo contest on their Facebook page so 2 out of the 4 nights were complimentary. And although it is extremely busy in Prague around these holidays they let us use our voucher. I must admit though, I was a little pushy while bookng the hotel :))) But in my defence - we knew we were getting married on the 09.12 so we really, really wanted to spend part our honeymonn in one of the hotels we cherish the most.
Regarding the hotel:
Location - without doubt absolutely convenient. I think it is a great base point for 95% of what you will be seeing in Prague anyway - Charles Bridge, Old Town Square, Prague Castle, Wenceslas Square and much more.
The rooms - I have already been in 3 types - Standard, Maisonette and Castle View Junior Suite. I love them all. I read somewhere in the reviews that only old people would like the furniture. Well, despite being just 31, I love the old feel. After all it is a historic part of Europe and in addition they do have website with photos. Check before you choose.
Food - breakfast - I can only compare it with one I had in a 5-star hotel in Egypt. It has the variety and the taste. Is the breakfast place small? Could be. But when the guests are more one can eat up around the piano, courtyard (my personal favourite) or even the restaurant (I think I saw people there during this stay). As for the À la carte menu - the food was always delicious. To be honest we really missed some of the dishes they had in the summer but this is a question of personal taste so I cannot hold this against them.
All in all, I would definitely recommend hotel Leonardo again and again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
TomasNesvorny, General Manager at Hotel Leonardo Prague, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear GretaZGergova, thank you for staying with us and your constructive feedback of the hotel. As you noted, the rooms have a certain look and feel and truly each product is designed for a particular taste of customers. Over the last couple Years we did so much renovations work on the building and I am proud to hear that you as a customer do see this as well. Now in 2014 we are looking at more improvements and it is as simple as that we listen to our customers like you what they tell us they do not like. We cant wait for this summer as our summer garden will get some more final touches and this is a truly special place that not everyone has here in central Prague. Once again, thank you for staying with us again and all the best!

Reviewed January 16, 2014

It's a nice hotel located in the old town, 10 minutes walk to Charles Bridge and Old Town Square. Clean and has a nice (but small) inner courtyard. Staffs are helpful and friendly.

Only one (big) complain, we were shown to a room on the top floor with not one window, unless you count the skylight to be window, which one of the staff was trying to convince us that a skylight is considered to be a window. Well, not where we come from, we told him. He showed us another room but it was not any better, no window, only a skylight. He told us that there is no other rooms available until the following night. So we slept in the attic with no window for the night. Thankfully we were moved to a normal room (with windows) for the rest of our stay.

Room Tip: Make sure to check that there is a window, not skylight in the room, in advance.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
TomasNesvorny, General Manager at Hotel Leonardo Prague, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Thank you very much for your review and feedback. As a historical building we do have a few rooms that do have skylight windows and I understand that some customers like you do not like those. We always try to change rooms if possible. Personally, some of these rooms I do find very romantic or different, but also understand we are all different. We always suggest to book us direct through our website and let us know any preferences our guests have as we have now a full time guest services manager that is here for you and follows up all comments and reaches out to guests before arrival as well. We also offer best rates on our website. I am glad to see you did enjoy our hotel overall and had fun with us in Prague.

Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Very nice clean hotel with a good breakfast buffet. Rooms were a decent size although third floor slanted ceilings were oddbin the shower. Fast free wifi, hreat lication to be near everything in the old town. Would definitely stay here again.

TomasNesvorny, General Manager at Hotel Leonardo Prague, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Thank you for your great comments about Hotel Leonardo. Great to know you would come back with us again and we always love to take care of returning guests and offer some great deals on our website as well, especially for longer stays now.

Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

After much dilemma we decided to book this hotel for our Prague winter getaway and I'm so glad we did. Everything is new, the bed was insanely comfortable and the breakfast buffet every morning was the icing on the cake. Add to that the perfect location just by the river and 2 minutes walk from Charles bridge as well as the main square and you have a winning combination. In short 10/10

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LondonCrunchman

Hello from Prague and thank you for your comment. We are very happy we could help you to sort our the dilemma of booking our hotel and we are glad you did. Most importantly that you did and that we could deliver such a great service to you during your stay. We hope to see you back!

Reviewed January 9, 2014

My Wife and I have just returned from a 5 day/4 night stay Dec 20th-Dec 25th in Prague and so glad we picked Hotel Leonardo. You couldn't ask for a better location, centrally located, only a 3 minute walk to Charles Bridge, but yet quiet & peaceful at night. Our room was very large and also had a kitchenette. The staff are very friendly especially Robert and Helena, they helped arrange taxis and a concert for us. Breakfast was the BOMB! It had so many choices and it started our day off perfectly.

2  Thank Dustin R

Dear Dustin R, I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us in Prague this much at our boutique hotel, our location and most importantly you really liked our staff. All the best!

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We arrived Christmas Eve. The staff was welcoming and helpful getting us checked in, booking dinner and arranging transportation to the airport the following morning. We were very surprised when we found that our room was a loft. The steep stairs up to the bed were awkward and not easy to manage in the middle of the night with the bathroom downstairs.

The room was clean and comfortable. Service outstanding. Breakfast was good.

Room Tip: Beware that some of the rooms are lofts. Can be great for some. Didn't suit us.
3  Thank julieondrusek
TomasNesvorny, General Manager at Hotel Leonardo Prague, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Thank you for staying with us over Christmas period and happy New Year. As an historical building, we do have many different rooms with their own charm and a also a few Classic Loft looking rooms. I am sorry to hear you did not like the room an that perhaps we were unable to change your room. Thank you for your feedback.