“Central well and good”

Hotel Leonardo Prague
Ranked #58 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed January 30, 2013

It is a very nice hotel and comfortables.
I was quite satisfied with the service and the hotel room is beautifully furnished and are very comfortabel. The hotel is centrally located. Nearby are very good restaurant and bar and nightclub. All in all I'm very happy with it.

• Stayed: January 2013
TomasNesvorny, General Manager at Hotel Leonardo Prague, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Thank you for your kind notes about our boutique hotel in Prague and super to know we did make your stay a good one. As we are now in low season, we are working on soft renovations in the hotel as well and keep constantly updating our product.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,459)

Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for my birthday during a short break to Prague. Bearing in mind I had done a fair bit of research to try and find somewhere decent, central and with a bit of character on our budget, this hotel was very pleasant, just nothing special.
As it was my birthday my husband had contacted the hotel to see if it was possible to get a room upgrade (as they also advertise on their website if they are not full) and to arrange for a bottle of champagne to be in the room when we arrived. Unfortuantely, due to bad weather we were delayed and very late arriving, though we had kept the hotel up to date with our progress. I was a little disappointed then to find the bottle swimming in melted ice and our upgraded room was nothing more than a standard room with a view of the courtyard and an additional sink and hotplate!!! Not exactly the romance I had anticipated!!
Worse than this for me though was the fact that there was no way of getting any refreshments, let alone dinner. Fair enough the restaurant was closed but they couldn't even provide us with a sandwich or something with room service, which in the middle of the night after a six hour delay and no food would have made a big difference.
Other than this everything was fine. The hotel was clean, the staff were polite (except the scary bar woman!) but just not anything special.
The breakfast was a big plus, an excellent selection of hot and cold and all very good but I don't think this would be enough to lure me back next time. Don't get me wrong, like I say it is very nice and the location great but it just is not anything special.

Room Tip: Apparently they have some lovely castle-view room, which I'm sure must be lovely but we (in 202...

Dear travellingchick66,

I am sorry to hear that we were just nice but nothing special to write home about. I understand you were coming one of those days were flights were delayed and sorry we did not recognize your amenity was not refreshed for your late arrival. This is something we need to look into and try to get arrival times from our guests in those cases. I am very sorry, but as a small boutique hotel, once our kitchen is closed, we are not able to serve food and room service is available from 6 AM to 11 PM. In a case like this, we can only direct you to some late open restaurant. I understand this is annoying if you arrive really late, but due to . As per your upgrade, we upgraded you to the next available room category, but as we are now going through a soft renovation process, our room inventory is a little limited, even though we are in low season. We are currently re-doing carpets, wallpapers and bathrooms in about 40 rooms to take care all the issues our guest told us about in 2012. I am glad overall you liked the hotel and thank you for letting us know about your experience.

With Regards,

Tomas Nesvorny, General Manager
Email: tomasn@hotelleonardo.cz

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. Located in the city Center almost on the Vltava embankment within walking distance of all the major attractions. We had a suite with the extra bed in the loft. The view from the loft window over the tiled roofs was excellent. Breakfast was very good and there were lemon trees growing in the breakfast room with actual yellow lemons on them.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
TomasNesvorny, General Manager at Hotel Leonardo Prague, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Hello from Prague and thank you for your kind notes about our boutique hotel. The View of the Castle from Our Castle View Junior Suites is really great. I have some bad news though, the lemon has fallen from the tree. We were watching it every day and now is gone.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Handy location close to Charles bridge and old town square and easy access to local trams. Staff were friendly and helpful and spoke fluent English. Breakfast was great catering for all tastes. Nice bar area and dining room. Free wifi throughout with printer access if required. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: River fronting rooms have terrific views of castle and Charles bridge but be prepared for some noise...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello and thank you for the nice feedback. I am glad you liked the hotel and agree the Castle View Rooms are great. We are also renovating them as we speak and they will receive a little more modern look and fresh carpets and updated bathrooms as well. The View remains the say though.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

The Hotel Leonardo is beautifully situated by the river, very close to the Charles Bridge and moments from the Old Town. The dining room is beautifully finished and offers a great breakfast spread and italian influenced dishes for dinner.
A quick no 22 tram ride takes you to the Castle and an easy downhill walk takes you into the Lesser Town. This is magnificent! The town trumpeter appeared magically at the top of one of the Charles Bridge towers and then beat us to the Clock in the Town Square where he plays at the hour (appaently between 9 and 9pm.
I enjoyed a magnificent organ and violin concert at St Giles church and a beer at a boutique brewery only a few meters from Leonardo Hotel on the walk back to our spacious and well- featured room.
Does this sound cheesy enough - try it yourself - you'll like it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Brookie1950
TomasNesvorny, General Manager at Hotel Leonardo Prague, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Hello and thank you for your comments, glad you enjoyed the location, breakfast and overall our boutique hotel service. We are truly well located in the heart of Old Town in Prague and this makes it very easy for our guests to travel even to the Castle with tram number 22. We hope to see you back!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Great location. This was our first time to Prague and we enjoyed our stay here. Helpful and pleasant staff, the restaurant was pretty good too. Room 351 has a great river view. We are looking forward to our next visit. Thank you!

Room Tip: Room 351 has a great river view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your great comments about our boutique hotel. Glad you liked one of our Castle View suites, I love the view myself as well. We have also stared a soft room refresh and those Castle View Suites are getting new wallpapers, carpets and updated bathrooms and we hope this will make those rooms even better. All the best!

Reviewed January 11, 2013

The location is unbeatable in old town Prague. The hotel staff was awesome! They were helpful, fun, fluent in English and great at suggesting places we visit. The rooms and bathrooms were extremely nice, clean and spacious. Overall, one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at in Europe... would love to go back!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Amber C
TomasNesvorny, General Manager at Hotel Leonardo Prague, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments about our staff, service and the quality of our hotel. I am very happy to hear you had so much fun in Prague and as we starting another soft renovation now, I can promise you we will only keep improving.