“worth a visit”
Review of Petr

Petr
Ranked #245 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Our room at hotel Petr was spotlessly clean, comfortable, and above all value for money. The continental breakfast was good with a wide range to choose from and the staff were very helpful. It was in a quiet location next to Kinksy gardens and a brisk 20 minute walk from Charles Bridge. I would recommend it and I would stay here again on my next visit.

Room Tip: We stayed in a three person room on the 3rd floor which although the single bed was a bit small was...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Petr

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The hotel is small, clean and located on a quiet street close to public transportation. The beds, typcial for Europe, were comfortable and we slept well. The breakfast buffet included eggs, a variety of breads, yogurts, cereals, fruit and more. Coffee and cocoa were plentiful and available beyond breakfast hours.
We had 4 wonderful days in Prague before learning that Hurricane Sandy had cancelled our flight into JFK. Everyone sprang into action, including Tomasz and the staff at Hotel Petr. They kept us informed about rescheduled flights and, at the time of our departure from the hotel (4:30 AM), had coffee ready in the lobby, our boarding passes printed, and two breakfasts ready and packaged for travel. Is it any wonder we are happy about the care and hospitality at the Hotel Petr?

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank Marilyn210
Reviewed November 3, 2012

My mother and I had a wonderful time in the Czech Republic with the Road Scholar Program. Tomasz the proprieter and all of the staff were wonderfully hospitable and welcoming. I slept very well in the comfortable bed and the towels were thick and soft. I really enjoyed the little tea set and hot pot and mini-fridge that was blissfully empty. One night my mother and I were not up to joining the group for dinner so we got snacks from the store and drank tea with the tea set and enjoyed our own company.
I also appreciated the fact that when I put the "do not disturb" sign on the door the housekeeping staff left my room alone. This is important to me because I believe that cleaning my room daily is a waste of time and energy. I would definitely recommend Hotel Petr to anyone wanting a good place to stay in Prague.

Room Tip: The rooms on my side of the hallway did not seem to have a very good wi-fi signal. I carried my mac...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Rachel V
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We've travelled Europe enough to know the hotels are unique and different than our cookie cutter American hotels. We find them fun and quirky usually however this one was one of our least favorites throughout Europe. While the location was great located in a quiet neighborhood and a 5-minute walk to the city train and another 5 mintes to great restaurants, this hotel didn't score high on two of my five measurables: comfort and charm (cleanliness, cost, and location are the other three and this hotel met these just fine).

When it came to comfort, the room was large. We had two twin beds pushed together for my husband and I, another twin bed against an adjacent wall and our second son on a cot at the end of our bed. This wasn't what we called a room with four beds - a cot doesn't count as a bed in my opinon. The beds were not the most comfortable and were more like camp or dorm room mattresses. My hips would be a little sore from laying on my side on the thin mattress. There was only a base sheet wrapped around the mattress and a small duvet folded on top to cover ourselves with - no top sheet, no blanket - and the duvet was small so if you wrapped it around you in the fetal position or didn't mind having either your upper body exposed, it worked fine but if you are like me and like a blanket that covers all of you while you are stretched out on your back, you'll not like this blanket situation. The bath was clean but the shower was small. When you enter, don't drop the soap or you'll have to step out to retrieve it. I did like the huge built in bureau outside the bathroom in the foyer of the room to store and hang clothes.Every room opens onto the stairs so there really is no escaping to a room at the end of the hallway to avoid the noise of people coming and going so be prepared and bring ear plugs.

On the charm factor, the room overlooked typical neighborhood buildings with laundry hanging from the window. Loved it but then again, we had no view of the city whatsoever and we were on display to at least 6 households at all times if the light blocking curtains were not drawn. The
carpet was a cousin to Velcro. Crispy to the touch and when I dropped my sweather, it actulally stuck to the carpet for a nanosecond. Paint was light lime and there was one small 11x14" flower photograph on the long 8 foot by 15 foot wall. This room needed an overhauling in charm. Change the color, get some art on the boring, blank walls, change the flooring, get some beds and not wooden bases to sleep in and this room would quickly becoming charming and a great find in the Prague area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank FunFilledFamily
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed in Petr for 6 nights. It's a nice hotel in a very good and quiet neighbourhood. It took for me only 15 minutes walk to get to the Old town and a little bit more to the Prague Castle. Staffs were really nice and helpful, and my room was good size and very clean.

The breakfast buffet was good (not the best) and unfortunately the breakfast room was a little bit crowed in morning with people who came with tour companies.

My only complain was that I didn't find any good beer hall near hotel, and I couldn't enjoy one last beer before going to bed!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank LumberJack12
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This is an amazing hotel for the price. Rooms were clean and quiet. The location is in a quiet neighborhood - close to a park, shopping and tram and subway stops. What really makes this a special hotel is the quality of the staff. They were professional, friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. Breakfast was a typical European style buffet. There were pastries / cookies for an afternoon snack. If we are back in Prague we will definitely return.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank HSGrandma
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Small hotel very close to tram and subway stops. One of the best things we found about the hotel was that they sell transportation passes, which was very convenient. The park near the hotel was beautiful. The breakfast was enough to hold you though the quality of the food was somewhat sketchy. The best thing about breakfast was the brew it yourself maching offering everything from espresso to hot chocolate. The bathroom was very dated and the sink backed up on the last day of our trip. Pack your own toilettries and washcloth as pump soap is all you will get here. A large person would definately not fit in the shower. Biggest downside - there is a weird smell in the hallways.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LonelyPlanet1225
HotelPetr, Owner at Petr, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Dear Guest, thank you for your reviewing our hotel. You are right the bathrooms are relatively small and simple, but not in all rooms. 12 rooms of our 40 have bigger bathrooms than that one in your room, 2 have a bathtub. All our bathrooms have been completely reconstructed in 2009 -2010. We are a 3 stars hotel and from the toilettries we offer bath gel/ shampoo and hairdryer. The weird smell you mention came unfortunately from the room of one fo our guests who stored his own food in the room. Sorry for this inconvenience.
Tomas Brychta