“Super Prague Hostel”

Ranked #9 of 656 Specialty Lodging in Prague
Larbert, United Kingdom
“Super Prague Hostel”
Reviewed September 30, 2006

Excellent value for Prague and very good for a hostel.
Good facilities too.
The staff were OK, but they allowed a tour operator to constantly pester guests which was annoying. They also spoke, English, German, Russian and French to a high standard, with each staff member at least bilingual and did their best to help at all times.
The place was very clean and the beds, although narrow were very comfortable and our 5 bed private room had it's own little ensuite bathroom with a small shower as well.
It's not in the heart of Prague, but it's simple to get there via any the main public transport forms in Prague. If you love sports it's also near Sparta Prague's football and ice hockey stadiums and wonderful the Sazka arena is only 10 mins away by tram and metro.
There are also some local bars and clubs nearby which offer good nightlife away from tourist rip off merchants in the new town. Breakfast was basic, but brilliant value at only 50Kc (just over £1 at the time of writing.) I'm heading back to Prague soon and will be staying in Sir Toby's once more.

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — A little noisy sometimes
  • Stayed December 2005, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank ScottishLeaf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Wales
Reviewed September 10, 2006

I recently stayed in Sir Tobys and while the location and the rooms were great, the staff were terrible. They should learn that they are providing a service to customers and if they can' t be bothered to be polite then they shoul find another job.

Stayed August 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 22, 2006

First time i stayed at a hostel, and i really enjoyed my time here. Rooms were clean, and staff was very friendly and helpful. Great tram location, as it was very easy to go in and out of center city in less than 10 minutes, even at night. I would also recommend doing Stephens History Tour.

• Stayed April 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
UK
Reviewed June 14, 2005

This trip to Prague was my first experience with hostels, and my conclusion after staying at Sir Toby's is that, if all hostels were like this one, I may even begin to prefer hostels over hotels whenever I travel again. It's a combination of a clean and comfortable environment, with friendly and helpful staff. The hostel is in a quiet area (prague 7), which is really just separated by a river from Central Prague. My main requirements were cleanliness and convenience, and this hostel satisfies both. I originally booked Boathouse, which has many good reviews too, but I was a bit worried about its distance from the city centre. Well Sir Toby's isn't exactly located right in the centre either, but there is a tram just around the corner that takes you right to the castle area, and a few others that take you to old town and new town. You will reach anywhere you want to go within 10 minutes. There are 3 floors and an attic, and each floor has rooms that are given pretty names, mine was called blue sky. I don't know about the other rooms, but my room is all female, single non-bunk beds in a spacious room, with a clean private bathroom. I think I paid about 18 euros per night. One thing though, it's not one of those party-crazy hostels in case that's what you are looking for. It's a sociable and friendly environment, without too much noise. If you are like me, after a whole day of sightseeing, you may appreciate some peace and just relax / have a casual chat with a few hostel-mates. The staff there were all so helpful and nice. I'd definitely go back when I visit Prague again.

• Stayed October 2003
10 Thank sormuiyan
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 24, 2005

I have recently returned from my stay at Sir Toby's. Our trip was wonderful & the place is really nicely renovated.

Breakfast was a bargin & a great way to start the day. Our rooms were very comfortable & clean.

However out of all the staff there. We were lucky to find only one helpful lady who i think is the owner, all the rest are lacking a little personality.

Also we were disappointed when a construction worker just let him self into our room without first knocking.

I must say it is situated in a nice location & not too far on the tram from the city centre.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed January 26, 2005

I stayed at Sir Toby's last summer (late July 2004)... had booked a hostel room and then upgraded to a private room. Had to change reservations a few times and was able to do easily via e-mail. We had stayed one night in a hotel in Prague and were switching to Sir Toby's to save money and for a different type of experience. I found the staff exceptionally helpful - very willing to supply suggestions for just about everything we wanted to do all over the Czech Republic. The location is a few tram stops outside of town but very conveniently located. It is in a residential area that is not touristy, which I liked.

I would definitely stay again and enjoyed Sir Toby's much more than our stay at the hotel in Prague.

3 Thank liznem
Amsterdam
Reviewed May 25, 2004

I stayed at the Sir Toby's for 3 nights and I really liked it. The building is big and recently renovated. Even though it's not located in the historical center (it's in Praha 7), it's still quite close (10 minutes by tram) and tramstops are nearby.
I stayed in a private room with bathroom. The room was basic, but quite big and really clean. Beds were comfortable and the hostel provided bedsheets and towels. The bathroom was fairly big and clean.
There's a kitchen in the hostel with complimentary coffee and tea.
In the area there are grocery stores and cheap restaurant (in the center prices are twice as much).
There's also a bar in the basement and it seemed to be a nice place to hang out (i didn't have time to use it).
The staff is friendly and helpful and they give a Prague's map and some general informations when you check-in. Transportation tickets are available at the front desk and there's internet connection (1 Kc per minute).
Rates are definitely reasonable.
I enjoyed staying at Sir Toby's and i surely recommend it.

11 Thank Raging_Hamster