“Awesome hostel, just amazing!”
Review of Sir Toby's Hostel

Sir Toby's Hostel
Ranked #8 of 650 Specialty Lodging in Prague
Kiel, Germany
“Awesome hostel, just amazing!”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

The hostel is well-located, offers a lot of space in the rooms and I enjoyed a free barbecue-dinner there! They alsso offer walking tours and party nights in the city. I absolutely recommend this hostel and really hope to check there in again some day.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Chris S, Owner at Sir Toby's Hostel, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear ScuroBianco,

Thank you for visiting us and for your wonderful feedback! We're happy you had a great time and look forward to having you back with us in the future.

Chris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Sir Toby's is a great hostel! Lovely staff and rooms. They do a great buffet breakfast in the morning (for a small supplement). One of the not so good things is the location, the hostel is still in Prague. But it's around 20mins with one change on public transport. But that is only a minor thing. I would definitely stay here again if I was in Prague.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Chris S, Owner at Sir Toby's Hostel, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear PadraigJPG,

Thank you for staying with us! We're happy you enjoyed your stay, and appreciate your kind feedback. We look forward to having you back at Sir Toby's in the future.

Chris
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful hostel! We stayed in a 12-bed room, the beds were very comfy, great/spacious lockboxes under all the beds (bring your own lock!), and good bathrooms right outside our room. Obviously it is always a good idea to bring earplugs when staying in a hostel.
What really makes this hostel stand out is the amazing staff! They were friendly and welcoming from beginning to end, would hang out and drink with guests in their bar some evenings, and one staff member even made us sandwiches for our early bus-ride the next day! An excellent experience overall, we cannot rate Sir Toby's highly enough!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Lille, France
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I went there during a European Tour with a friend. We randomly chose this hostel and stayed there 2 nights. It was the best hostel I've ever been. The guy at the reception could be a little distant, but he spent 20 min explaining to us which parts of Prague we should go according to him, and his advices were good, we could see some of the little details that make this town a wonderful town !
Everything in Toby's is made for you to feel at home, and to meet other travellers. The bar is great and cozy, the beer cheap... The hostel even invite all the guests for a barbecue as long as they take one beer or two at the bar, so you can not leave the hostel without meeting people from all over the world !
We stayed in the biggest dorms, and they were absolutely perfect : clean, comfortable and large.
The only things that disturbed me was the location, really far away from the center in a non-interesting district, and the one shower for twelve roomates. It was clean, but the waiting line was big.

If you are staying in Prague, I highly recommand you to stay a Sir Toby's !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Hertfordshire
Reviewed November 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I are loving our stay here (still here as I write...on day 4 of 5)! If you want to stay in a great cosy hostel and meet lots of new people this is exactly the one for you. We love Sir Toby's.

The front desk staff are extremely helpful, friendly and proactive - right from when you sign in, they mark your map with the main tram stops, attractions, etc and if you need anything throughout your stay they are so lovely and helpful.

The rooms are clean and comfortable, and the location is not far from the city centre (the tram system in Prague is excellent, and it doesn't take long to get anywhere). Although the Hostel isn't in central Prague, getting around is so easy. I took 1 mark off for location as it is a bit out from the tourist locations and the main nightlife/restaurant areas. We've found the location is perfect for us, you see and experience a bit more.

Our room is 'Gajda', a private room near the top. The room is spacious, has really good facilities and is perfect for two. The blackout blinds are so good. It's 9.47am here and although I'm awake my boyfriend is really tired from yesterday. It could easily still be the middle of the night.

The hostel as a whole has amazing kitchen facilities, a good breakfast and awesome staff. The bar staff are great and are all travellers too so they just get involved with the chats and drinking. Love the bohemian decor down in the basement.

We have formed a friendship group with a few others. I'm not a huge drinker, but have really enjoyed drinking with the people we've met here.

Internet access and computers are provided which is good.

This is my first experience of a hostel (better than any hotel I've stayed in) but my boyfriend has stayed in lots throughout his travels. He admits Sir Toby's is one of the best hostels he's ever stayed in.

I cannot recommend this hostel highly enough.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Holly G
france
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We booked a room with bathroom to avoid shower problem, but we didn't have enough hot water! The hot water lasted no more than 5min. I didn't finish my shower...and my boyfriend didn't take shower at all during that night. Really terrible experience in freezing Nov! And just one heater worked in the room in stead of two, so cold. And the room smalled really strange...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Berlin
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Super helpful and friendly staff, very clean and organized, the epitome of convenience (for example, you can exchange your euros into Czech Koruna at the front desk, you can also buy bus tickets there, you have storage for your bags right under your bed). They make everything really easy for you. We had a very, very pleasant stay. I highly recommend this hostel!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends