“Would stay here again in a heartbeat”
Review of Sir Toby's Hostel

Sir Toby's Hostel
Ranked #13 of 686 Specialty Lodging in Prague
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Sir Toby's was the first place I stayed on a year long adventure around the world. Although I am older than your average hostel dorm room guest (36), I had a blast and met really amazing people with whom I am still keeping in touch. I was here 5 nights and it spoiled my hostel experience as I did not find anything else like it on my travels. The bar downstairs is a great meeting and gaming venue. I got to cook my own meals in the kitchen, although there are great restaurants near by. The staff are great and I even hung out with the manager a few times and he was really fun. My only complaint would be that the bathrooms start to smell incredibly moldy after being in use all day and some ventilation would be really helpful. But I would love to stay here again. I shared a female dorm, but there are private rooms available too. And although it is a bit far from the old town square, the public transport was super easy to use. And I can't remember the name, but there is a restaurant right up the street with the most amazing pizza in the world...i went twice in one day. And the Kross Club is in walking distance if you want to get a glimpse of a really interesting Prague nightlife scene.

Room Tip: female dorm room was perfectly fine. really comfy beds and linens. and lots of under bed locking sto...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stayed here a couple of years ago. Great location plenty of transport options and very helpful staff.

The building Reno not the newest, but clean functional and a number of established eateries near by. Check out the old pizza restaurant. Very cool, cold war pizza joint. Best pizza I've ever had. Lucky Luciano. Great place

Free wifi throughout? Go there stay there you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

I have travelled across Europe three times and have never been as impressed as I was with Sir Toby's. The staff are attentive and friendly, the included services are unparalleled and I was very sorry to leave. I stayed in a private room and wish that all my regular hotels could have been this terrific. I would recommend this hostel to anyone, anywhere.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I would really recommend a stay at Sir tobys in Prague. The staff are very helpful, the rooms are nice, the backgarden is cosy and the bar is nice. The location was very good, only a minute to walk to the tram. We were planning to stay for 2 nights but ended up extending our stay, cause we liked the hostel and Prague very much :-) There was one man in the reception that was a bit rude to us one time, but other than that the service was great!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Wonderful place. Cleaner than most hostels I have ever been to. Spacious rooms, comfortable beds, fast internet access. They have a wonderful bar and a well equipped kitchen. Location may not be entirely central but very convenient via trams (10 mins). Good facilities, free barbecue, clean toilets, very friendly and helpful staff. It was disappointing to be greeted by one very rude middle-aged man, who was not just unhelpful but fairly ill-mannered. But the rest of the staff more than makes up for his lack of courtesy. Quite a fancy hostel, I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Probably the best hostel I encountered on my trip! I paid for a single room with shared bathroom, actually got a triple room with private bathroom, wahey! Room also had soap, kitchenette and hairdryer. A day pass for the tram is so cheap it doesn't matter that you need the tram to get to the centre (tickets available from news kiosks). The lady at reception was incredibly helpful, free map was provided and she took the time to highlight the tram routes (extremely useful). She was also able to tell me where i could buy a European adaptor, though when I asked at the previous hotel I stayed at they couldn't help me, and when I googled where to find one in prague everyone said they were v.difficult to track down - the hostel had them for rent at reception also. The kitchen was spacious, and they had free crepes at 8pm! There was a very friendly atmosphere overall. There are also five or six computers with free internet access at reception and in the hallway, and free wi-fi. Would stay here again!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Stayed at Sir Toby's for 2 nights. The location is not central, but still convenient with the easy transport link. Our twin room was clean, spacious, and quiet. The quality was certainly better than many other hostels I've stayed at. The bathroom was modern and clean. My only complaint was the shower - the water wouldn't stay warm for more than 5 minutes, so I had to rush through the shower because toward the end I was just taking cold water shower. The bathroom light was motion-activated, and it seems that when I was in the shower space, it couldn't sense me. So quite often it goes completely dark on me and I had to come out to wave at the censor several times during the shower. When I expressed this complaint to one of the staff, his response was simply: 'never had any one complained about that', as if he thought I was just being fussy. I asked if there's anything we can do to fix the motion sensor, he said he doesn't know, and that was that. I was very furious about that one staff, he completely ruined my good impression of the hostel.

This would have been a 'very good' hostel for me, but because of the shower and the unhelpful staff, I can only say it's 'average'.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends