“Nice hostel with reasonable price”
Review of Ritchie's Hostel

Ritchie's Hostel
Ranked #234 of 701 Specialty Lodging in Prague
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I was there on March, spent one night. Shared my 10-beds dorm only with one person, so it was like private room. Good service at reception, the room was spacious and had it's own bathroom. For breakfast you should paid separately. Good location, near Charle's Bridge. I recommended this hostel for all.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed February 10, 2013

it is called a hostel and there are large rooms with many beds in them for sleeping. I didn't see them so I can't say anything about that. My son stayed in the single room with own toilet and bathroom, I stayed in the other hotel but visited him several times.It was not so cheap - his room cost about 65 Czk per night and what impressed me unpleasantely the receptionist tried to take from my son extra payment for breakfast (about 90 Czk per day) though in the confirmation about his reservation they promissed that the breakfast was included!).the room was located on the fifth floor. There is no lift at all and the staircase is winding and narrow. I was impressed that his room was separated from the part with reception and the safety was provided onle one door with electronic key. People often don't close this door at all and everybody from the street can get inside. There was not safe in the room and he had to take everything valuable with him everywhen. The breakfast was more or less, Wi-Fi only on the reception, and I was unpleasantely surprised that a receptionist was not attentive and helpful. I said about the breakfast at the arrival and at the departure we asked her to call the taxi. It was done without enthusiasm and the driver tried to take money twice more than the common price.So to sum up, the only advantage of this hotel is its location. 5 minutes to the Charl's Bridge and the same to the City Clock

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Svetlana_Jam
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The hostel was in a fantastic sightseeing location. Not only was it in the very popular location for bars, restaurants and sights, there were many trams and metro stops nearby. We were on the top floor, which was about 60 stairs up a curving and slippery stairway. The room was small, but had a private bathroom and was clean. The only downside was how loud the street below was at all times of the day. Even on the 4th floor and with the windows closed, you could hear everything that was going on below and the noise did not subside until after 4am each morning. The only other minor issue was that when we confirmed they said they took credit cards, but at check in told us that we needed to go get cash in order to check in. Also, says there is wifi, but it only works in the lobby.

Room Tip: Ask for something away from the street.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2012

This place is perfect, staff is nice and helpful , everything is perfect. So I would definetely recommand this hotel!! We stayed there for 8 nights and we had a great experience. Plus there's a kitchen! And the room are confortabe and nicely decorated and surely perfectly clean. So for a nice vacation in Prague I think you must go to the ritchies!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2012

You know the main advantage of this hostel - its location. Sure it was perfect. Here are some less perfect points.
Sleeping quality - it depends on your luck. We lived near the reception area and almost every night there were loud talking there (not staff, other guests). 3 am, 4 am - any time. With thin walls it can be bothering, luckily I had earplugs. Also, noise from other rooms AND from air condition system (which was our view from the window by the way). Rooms are small but quite ok and clean. Though some hooks for street jackets or towels would have been appreciated.
Two times we experienced lack of hot water. I mean it was warm, but not enough for a comfortable shower.
Friendliness - well, I guess it was nice for Prague. Had no problems with booking (everything was fast and they kept in touch very well) and receiving our room. But they only tell you what you ask. Got cheated by the exchange point next door - I guess they could have bothered to warn when I asked about them. Be careful with exchange points and aways ask the sum you get BEFORE giving the money.
You can also find many printed tips in the lobby and get free maps there.
Despite many points I enjoyed staying in Prague and sure this hostel is perfectly located for exploring it but perhapst next time I will choose something else.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 19, 2012

The hostel/hotel has a very good location, 1min to Charles Bridge, 3mins to old town square. Many souvenir shops scattered everywhere, loved the cobble stones outside btw. We didnt try the breakfast but it looks Fine, average type, the receptionist both male and female were nice, we didnt have trouble like the other travellers. The quadruple room is not appealing, there was tiny mirror in the bathroom other than that was none. One full cabinet for clothes for 4 people. Two side tables. The double room however is lovely, well prepared. Enough cabinets, towels, soap, nice beds. Totally worth the price. Its noisy of course Im expecting that since its a prime location. Internet is sometimes slow and sometimes fast. The kitchen was functional, you can cook very well. Theres no elevator and i have stayed in 3rd floor, 6 turns with small steps. Also lights off on 3rd flr stairs. With all of these, i will still recommend and I will definitely come back!

Room Tip: Double room and just in 1st floor near reception if u have heavy bags, if not take 3rd floor, less n...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank KarrenS9
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This was my first time in Prague and at this hostel. From the moment I contacted the hostel via email, the help and advice given to me by Kate, reception staff, was invaluable. She answered all my questions prior to arrival and both Kate and her other female colleagues on reception, also provided me with good tourist info during my stay in Prague. The hostel is extremely well located for all the attractions and Tesco, should you wish to purchase snacks!!! I had my own room with ensuite shower which was cosy, clean and very adequate. However, on the down side, I must agree with the comments made in a previous review by matthiusmattiopolis regarding the attitude of the male reception staff. I too found him extremely unhelpful and on the couple of occasions I did ask him a question, the answer was 'I don't know'. Unlike the girls, who put themselves out to find out the answers for me or made suggestions, he made no effort at all. So, I said, 'don't worry, I'll find someone who does know' and went on my way. Very disappointing when everyone else was so helpful. Apart from that, my stay at the hostel was most enjoyable and I would stay there again upon my next visit to Prague.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo